www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Thailand (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/)
-   -   Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/thailand-279/any-tailors-bangkok-recommend-2480253.html)

Didjerama 15-10-2013 01:00 PM

Just an update.did 4 shirt 2 pants w crown when they came by spore. After 3 washes and 3 time wear,still looking new.

Total i have is now 9 shirts and 4 pants with them. No issues.

I find wen im at the tailor,some customers askfor this and that until so many "customer" changes that it causes the shirt to look ugly.

To me,i trust the tailor to make the judgement. All i say is if i want a tight fit or nornal fit. There are times i even ask them choose the contrast cloth for me and tey recommend me and i choose one.

lipo99 15-10-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didjerama (Post 80357440)
Just an update.did 4 shirt 2 pants w crown when they came by spore. After 3 washes and 3 time wear,still looking new.

Total i have is now 9 shirts and 4 pants with them. No issues.

I find wen im at the tailor,some customers askfor this and that until so many "customer" changes that it causes the shirt to look ugly.

To me,i trust the tailor to make the judgement. All i say is if i want a tight fit or nornal fit. There are times i even ask them choose the contrast cloth for me and tey recommend me and i choose one.

what the price per shirt and pant bro?

wolfberries 15-10-2013 02:24 PM

Hey bros,

Any of ya gfs or wives make evening gowns in bangkok?

How much average?

Any shops to recommend?

Thanks

p00p00 16-10-2013 03:35 PM

Went to boss for first fitting yesterday and it was perfect. There's another guy in the shop who was doing his 2nd fitting and it was too tight (first fitting too loose).

Really is see heng suay one.. the person who was doing measurements probably over estimated for both fiitting

xtwis7 16-10-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p00p00 (Post 80387506)
Went to boss for first fitting yesterday and it was perfect. There's another guy in the shop who was doing his 2nd fitting and it was too tight (first fitting too loose).

Really is see heng suay one.. the person who was doing measurements probably over estimated for both fiitting

Do share with us some pics too when you're back.

Didjerama 16-10-2013 08:57 PM

Another tip i want to give is maintaining ur shirts

Avoid heat as much as possible when washing

Go for cold wash and skip the heat dry.

Hang it up to air dry.but if ur house no place,set to minimum dryer setting.

Best time to iron ur shirt is wehn it is slightly damp. This ensure the wrinkles clear fast.

Also,use low sud soap.high sud causes chemicals and may shorten shirt life.

Dun wash ur shirt too often. If u wear only few hrs,get one of those odour remover and put it in the bag w the shirt. But if u use whole day,wash it then.

p00p00 20-10-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtwis7 (Post 80387968)
Do share with us some pics too when you're back.

Some pics as requested...

http://i.imgur.com/KpjHfwV.jpg

*some flowery details in the middle shirt which is too dark to see from the pic

http://i.imgur.com/4nz2zQ5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TRKGxnv.jpg

My little review of boss:

Went on a late monday morning and was served by VJ. Shop was empty and i had full attention of him.

There's alot of fabrics to choose from at Boss. After a long time, i chose a total of 6 shirts and 2 pants to be made. I let VJ recommend the details along the neck/cuff area as well as the cuff types (i chose 3 types of cuffs, 2 for each type and he makes the decisions for me). The total cost for 6 shirts + 2 pants was 9750baht. Everything was done pretty fast (10mins?) after confirming the fabrics.

My first fitting was scheduled the next day at 5.30pm. The shop was filled with youngsters most probably from hwz and I had to wait for around 30mins for my fitting :s13:. I was left alone with my gf sitting in a corner while the guys were busy with the customers. I would have been pissed if this is my first time in the shop and being left alone without attention ;)

Shirt fitting was perfect while my pants was too tight around the waste and crotch area (like kena balls squeezed). VJ told me he will loosen the crotch area abit and he can deliver the stuffs to my hotel on thurs evening (T+3). Went to Thong Lor to jiak my dinner after that since it was nearby!

Tried all the shirts and pants that night (T+3) and everything was perfect except the 2nd pair of pants which was too baggy at the thigh area. Had to go down to the Boss again to make the alteration in the morning of T+4. VJ told me the pants will be done within 3hrs and delivered again to the hotel.

Overall, i felt that the entire experience was quite good for the money spent (around $50 for each shirt/pants). No doubt it was troublesome to go back again for alterations, they kind of compensated it by providing delivery services back to the hotel. There will definitely be hits and misses (not sure why the first pair of pants was perfect while the 2nd one was too baggy) during the whole tailoring experience. My suggestion is not to tailor any clothes if you are visiting bkk for 3D2N... the whole process will be pretty rushed and things will turn sour if there's not enough time to make amendments.

Dahawk 21-10-2013 02:42 PM

What's a good hotel to stay at if i'm going to BKK just to tailor at Boss or Crown?

Regards,
Dahawk

Alpha_Hippo 22-10-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahawk (Post 80520684)
What's a good hotel to stay at if i'm going to BKK just to tailor at Boss or Crown?

Regards,
Dahawk

Look for hotels near BTS Nana. I stayed near Bed and Supper the last time I went there.

Lew_Lian 22-10-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Regards,
Dahawk

maybe can try aloft hotel

rVn_mUfC 22-10-2013 01:38 PM

Anyone been to tailor on ten recently ?
Last time I went they still have 1100 material.
Is it true that they now only have material that start from 1700 onward and minimum 3 pieces ?

plakat 22-10-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerf (Post 80327406)
Cannot blame anyone if u choose the wrong fabrics yourself. Do a test on the fabric by crumpling it roughly before selection

There has to be some minimum standard. giam chye is **** standard and its supposed to be premium cotton according to the guy working there.

xtwis7 23-10-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Regards,
Dahawk

Novotel phloen chit is the best for it's location. Walk straight down sukhumvit road towards nana. Or just take a one stop bts.

Jordan Chang 24-10-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p00p00 (Post 80505275)
There will definitely be hits and misses (not sure why the first pair of pants was perfect while the 2nd one was too baggy) during the whole tailoring experience.

becos most of these shops only sell textile and take measurement. there are no actual in-house tailors unless we are talking about narin etc. the tailoring are done by different workshops that the job is out-sourced to.

tatsit 24-10-2013 05:20 PM

if i want to make full suit, how long does it usually take?