Bangkok Trip - Part 1

Siam_kid

Banned
Reaction score
google map modified from RSKeisuke's

According to news, a lot of taxis either stop driving during this period or they reject fares to go to flooded area. So even Impact might not be flooded but as the roads leading to Impact are flooded now, they would not take you there. There are also passengers complained been ejected half way by cab drivers when they encountered flooded road. So you guys better make sure you have return trip secured before going there. If not you would get stuck there.

6 wheelers or 10 wheelers trucks is what I used to go into flood zones....

mrbk100

Reaction score
ive been asking some locals going to the concert most are saying its still on..and on route is no flooding..not sure reliable or not..but i think the prob is getting back lor...hmm...yea we should discuss about it.. i might wait till sunday to buy tix(..which hotel u guys staying? from what i know central bkk MBK area there is relatively still safe...if nearby we can meet up or smtg...

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ive been asking some locals going to the concert most are saying its still on..and on route is no flooding..not sure reliable or not..but i think the prob is getting back lor...hmm...yea we should discuss about it.. i might wait till sunday to buy tix(..which hotel u guys staying? from what i know central bkk MBK area there is relatively still safe...if nearby we can meet up or smtg...

buy what tix? Dun tell me u are going bkk without the concert tix ya?!:eek:
we can meet at one of the BTS station, easy for us to meet.

Speaking of BTS, i read somewhere that there is a 3days unlimited pass for 280baht. So can take note :)

zetsueix

Reaction score
Anyway, I changed my ticket to fly off on 7th Nov (Mon) and come back on 10th Nov (Thur) for more time to access the situation! Lets all hope for the best out of the situation and for the flooding situation to ease up!

I haven hear from anyone on MSN yet so I suppose there wont be any discussion?

zetsueix

Reaction score
Yup, added you. Ah, thanks for sharing the link, hmmm... this time, the stuff dun really pique my interest as much as the 2009 concert goods!

So when is everyone flying? .

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but its alot cheaper lor. the tee only abt sgd40. I rem 2009 hk show it cost ard sgd60.

I flying tmr 5pm. u still have my hp no?

mrbk100

Reaction score
elo guys.. ive been adding some locals going to the concert and this is what a local told me.."you know about bus service for go to impact?
if you go to centralworld mall and close with centralworld you will see the centara hotel around the parking of hotel close with patumwan temple you will see bus service for go to x japan concert you just show the ticket for concert they will service for you
but you have to arrive there not over 4 pm.
and when finish concert you can back the same way by bus service
I think it easy for you if you have hotel around sukhumvit road"

might wanna consider this...

Siam_kid

Banned
Reaction score
Latest Flood Updates..........

Flood water spreads into Chatuchak, Lat Phrao and Ratchadaphisek as it continues to find its way southwards into the city centre (reported as 2 to 3km per day)...Subways in these areas are at risk and may shutdown services if the situation worsens.

The water also flooded Phahonyothin road in front of Central Lat Phrao Department Store. Central Lat Phrao was announced closed after the closure of Central Pinklao & Central Raminthra last week due to the floods.

mrbk100

Reaction score
Latest Flood Updates..........

Flood water spreads into Chatuchak, Lat Phrao and Ratchadaphisek as it continues to find its way southwards into the city centre (reported as 2 to 3km per day)...Subways in these areas are at risk and may shutdown services if the situation worsens.

The water also flooded Phahonyothin road in front of Central Lat Phrao Department Store. Central Lat Phrao was announced closed after the closure of Central Pinklao & Central Raminthra last week due to the floods.

omg la its going down down down is sukhumvit area protected?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the currency exchange kiosk at my area damn low rate, only offer me 23.50. But desperate beggers cant be choosers. So i change abit.

i intend to change some more in bkk. Any recommendations where will be good?

zetsueix

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, my hotel seems be around the area so I guess this way would be better off for me. I will check out this bus service then, do you have any idea what is the bus number?

The info I gotten from the Impact Arena website is this:
2011 and X Japan concert on November 8, 2011 at Arena IMPACT Muang Thong Thani, the best way by public transportation to join us using the bus number 166 or Impact Link starting at BTS Mo Chit Gate 4.

But from what I know, BTS Mo Chit stn seems to be near Chatuchak area?

elo guys.. ive been adding some locals going to the concert and this is what a local told me.."you know about bus service for go to impact?
if you go to centralworld mall and close with centralworld you will see the centara hotel around the parking of hotel close with patumwan temple you will see bus service for go to x japan concert you just show the ticket for concert they will service for you
but you have to arrive there not over 4 pm.
and when finish concert you can back the same way by bus service
I think it easy for you if you have hotel around sukhumvit road"

might wanna consider this...

mrbk100

Reaction score
the currency exchange kiosk at my area damn low rate, only offer me 23.50. But desperate beggers cant be choosers. So i change abit.

i intend to change some more in bkk. Any recommendations where will be good?

from what i noe at mustafa centre inside got one money changer at the watches section quite good dunno the rate though..but at bkk not sure. lol btw the no. u gave me is it contactable if u at bkk? maybe i msg u any update if i going..

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from what i noe at mustafa centre inside got one money changer at the watches section quite good dunno the rate though..but at bkk not sure. lol btw the no. u gave me is it contactable if u at bkk? maybe i msg u any update if i going..

i leaving for airport now le.

yes, thats my sg no. It will be on like 24/7. But i will try to reply short sweet, coz overseas sms expensive lor :p
If possible, try to sms me soon. Then when i reach there, i will also sms u my thai no?

cya in bkk :)

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, my hotel seems be around the area so I guess this way would be better off for me. I will check out this bus service then, do you have any idea what is the bus number?

The info I gotten from the Impact Arena website is this:
2011 and X Japan concert on November 8, 2011 at Arena IMPACT Muang Thong Thani, the best way by public transportation to join us using the bus number 166 or Impact Link starting at BTS Mo Chit Gate 4.

But from what I know, BTS Mo Chit stn seems to be near Chatuchak area?

BTS Mo Chit stn seems to be near Chatuchak area? >> yes.
Water also getting very near to Chatuchak in this few days.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Returned from Bangkok 27/OCT. Rate was 24.019 from UOB in Bangkok.

Siam_kid

Banned
Reaction score
BTS Mo Chit stn seems to be near Chatuchak area? >> yes.
Water also getting very near to Chatuchak in this few days.

Chatuchak already flooded since 2 weeks back ( not getting near ) , The market already closed for 2 weeks .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.