Bangkok Trip - Part 1

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if already approve before this liao, can just use the existing thai pass qr code.. then the 1 day hotel can just cancel, and make new booking that dont requires the pcr package right
Riding on this question as well.

"Registration on Thailand Pass for travelers entering Thailand from 1 May 2022 under new entry measures will be opened from 29 April 2022 onwards (00.01 hrs Thailand time). "

29th April 2022 onwards then can start applying for the new Thailand Pass under new entry measures....

If flying on 1st May 2022 means GG liao lor, most likely cant apply on 29th and get approved on 29th....

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Riding on this question as well.

"Registration on Thailand Pass for travelers entering Thailand from 1 May 2022 under new entry measures will be opened from 29 April 2022 onwards (00.01 hrs Thailand time). "

29th April 2022 onwards then can start applying for the new Thailand Pass under new entry measures....

If flying on 1st May 2022 means GG liao lor, most likely cant apply on 29th and get approved on 29th....

wa lan, u read thing halfway one meh

" PLEASE NOTE For travelers whose Thailand Pass have already been issued can travel with the issued QR Code and do not need to register for new Thailand Pass."

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa lan, u read thing halfway one meh

" PLEASE NOTE For travelers whose Thailand Pass have already been issued can travel with the issued QR Code and do not need to register for new Thailand Pass."
Ya, but Thailand Pass is tied to the hotel mah.
If they're going to scrap the RT-PCR, i'll cancel my Day 1 hotel (last cancellation date 28th), then rebook another hotel for like $80/night only, instead of paying $300++ for Day 1 hotel.

And because it's a different hotel, I'll need to reapply the Thailand Pass mah. No meh?
Unless the old Thailand Pass will auto become flexible, and allow all hotels for day 1.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they're going to scrap the RT-PCR, i'll cancel my Day 1 hotel (last cancellation date 28th), then rebook another hotel for like $80/night only, instead of paying $300++ for Day 1 hotel.

And because it's a different hotel, I'll need to reapply the Thailand Pass mah. No meh?
Unless the old Thailand Pass will auto become flexible, and allow all hotels for day 1.

I assume they no longer care about hotel because the pass is really for vax status and insurance check only. and rule for previous thai pass is more strict than the newer one, so if you have the existing one, I don't see why need to re-apply, and that's what the website stated also ma. No need to reapply.

But...... still wait for further news for thai side is better.. you tong until the last possible moment lo

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i think since you apply under old measures, so still need 1 day SHA/AQ hotel

new measure only for those application from 29 apr onwards. means if u want to be under new measures, need to reapply liao

better email them for confirmation

"Registration on Thailand Pass for travelers entering Thailand from 1 May 2022 under new entry measures will be opened from 29 April 2022 onwards (00.01 hrs Thailand time)."

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
book air ticket already just go ..........need test no test also go

thai pass 1 day normally approved one unless u r blacklisted

old saying go no scare
scare no go

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cancelled my Day 1 hotel liao (for May 1st)

Let's see if my existing Thailand Pass will become invalid or not.

If become Invalid then bobian 29th April 12:01am need reapply Thailand pass, and hope it gets approved before May 1st 12pm.

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cancelled my Day 1 hotel liao (for May 1st)

Let's see if my existing Thailand Pass will become invalid or not.

If become Invalid then bobian 29th April 12:01am need reapply Thailand pass, and hope it gets approved before May 1st 12pm.
Adding on to my previous post:

So far Thailand pass still valid leh, even after cancelling my hotel. Guess I don’t need to reapply Thailand pass tonight?

roborovsky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh gosh, why is Thai Airways so expensive now? Even SQ is much cheaper.

Pre-covid used to go by Thai Airways as felt they're better than SQ.

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh gosh, why is Thai Airways so expensive now? Even SQ is much cheaper.

Pre-covid used to go by Thai Airways as felt they're better than SQ.
TBH if you book early, TG is almost the same price as SQ. Most dates i want to travel on is around $280++ for both SQ and TG. Just that now more people will pick SQ due to the fact that they have more flights per day compare to TG.

roborovsky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TBH if you book early, TG is almost the same price as SQ. Most dates i want to travel on is around $280++ for both SQ and TG. Just that now more people will pick SQ due to the fact that they have more flights per day compare to TG.
Yeah, just realized the dates in June and July were likely sold out for economy class. It looks ex cos it was business cabin for my enquiry.
If going in late August is indeed cheaper 280+.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.