ChiangMai

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chiangmai Songthaews

may i know are there any information on chiangmai Songthaews routes available? thanks!

beanstalk6

Reaction score
There are no fixed routes. As far as I know, the first passenger to get onboard determines the general route. You will have to hail a songthaew to check whether it is headed where you are going. It helps to ask one that is already going in the general direction you want to go, so this means you have to stand on the correct side of the road. I try to walk wherever I want to go. As for Doi Suthep, there is no choice.

heymee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! Can anybody now share what is the temperature in Chiangmai now. Warm or Cold?

Need to know what to pack...Do not want to overpack...will be so silly to wear thick clothes if the weather is like Singapore. Thank you very much.:s13:

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
Warm during day time around 25-30 deg C

Early morning & evening 20 deg C cool

I don't need a jacket - just like outdoor aircon

Though you can see the Thais wearing jackets

heymee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Warm during day time around 25-30 deg C

Early morning & evening 20 deg C cool

I don't need a jacket - just like outdoor aircon

Though you can see the Thais wearing jackets

what about the temperature around the high mountains and forest areas? Like Genting Temperature? Please share...thank you.:D

iCuteCube

Master Member
Reaction score
I been there this August, I can try to answer whatever questions, I have local friends there, but don't ask me intro, lol.

At August, still very hot actually, its like Singapore, the most 1 or 2 degrees better. As for Doi Suthep I booked a tour there, it cost more but the journey sitting air-con bus is much better, the road up is worse than genting one, now I know genting roads are pretty good.

I was there for 1 week before I headed down to BKK.

I personally recommend : Elephant tour (Reputable one), gonna book few months in advance, for me i check 1 month before all no slot, many small elephant tour i don't wanna join because they torture the elephant for tourist, i don't want to contribute to that.

Second zip line tour, best in CMX.

Third is city tour DIY, hire the red truck, just say location, default 20 bhat, otherwise they will tell you. No fix distance, just wave and ask.

Forth I guess is old city tour, i stayed within old city walls, so many temple and things to explore inside.

Daily thai massage, there are a few good one, as a typical singaporean, best value, best service, i vote for green bamboo, been there 5 days out of 7 days when i was there. Don't try to google for massage online, its quite BS tbh... Not that accurate.

BoonMee

Reaction score
morning temp.

21cz51l.png
[/IMG]

and afternoon around 15 c...:D

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are no fixed routes. As far as I know, the first passenger to get onboard determines the general route. You will have to hail a songthaew to check whether it is headed where you are going. It helps to ask one that is already going in the general direction you want to go, so this means you have to stand on the correct side of the road. I try to walk wherever I want to go. As for Doi Suthep, there is no choice.

no. try to hail an empty one. it will go where u want to go.
oh ok & thanks! been so many years and chiangmai still haven't got a "proper" public bus transportation system

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.