ChiangMai

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Right. Although the information about the Golden Triangle is vague on the site.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now promo full fledged airline only $288 by silkair
Free 30kg luggage + meals on board

Way cheaper than tiger, 300+ excluding luggage

Ah-Toh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway to get to golden triangle without tour is I plan to stay 1 night at Chiang rai?

If I don't get a tour?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
To get to Chiang Rai, there is a coach from the Arcade in Chiang Mai. 3 hours each way. You can also sign up for a Golden Triangle excursion from the town.

Ah-Toh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To get to Chiang Rai, there is a coach from the Arcade in Chiang Mai. 3 hours each way. You can also sign up for a Golden Triangle excursion from the town.

Yeah I am planning to take the green bus to CR, so it's recommended to sign up for a excursion?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Yeah I am planning to take the green bus to CR, so it's recommended to sign up for a excursion?

I recommend so. Chiang Rai is a small town at the edge of the region that we call the Golden Triangle. The sights are out of town and transportation is difficult.

Ah-Toh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 1
Arrive Chiang Mai 3:30PM
Check in
Explore City & Daily Night Market
Early Night

Day 2
Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep
Exploring the city (DIY City walking tour - Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Jet Yod, Wat Umong, Wat Phra Singh)
Saturday Night Market

Day 3
Doi Inthanon National Park
Sunday Night Market

Day 4
7:00 Am Bus to Chiang Rai
White Temple
Black House Museum
Chiang Rai Night Market for dinner

Day 5
Golden Triangle Tour
Explore Chiang Rai
5:00 PM Bus back to Chiang Mai

Day 6
Thai Cooking Class
6:00 PM Sleeper Train back to BKK

This is my rough plan, would appreciate if you guys can give advise and pointers.
Paiseh ah!

jingyenyen

Reaction score
nice hostel...

pcT0sCF.png
[/IMG]
IDG1zZJ.png
[/IMG]
jFtij6a.jpg
[/IMG]
2RhkqhJ.jpg
[/IMG]
WLImfGt.jpg
[/IMG]

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/v-...ee7040;dist=0&sb_price_type=total&type=total&
https://www.agoda.com/pages/agoda/d...7-07-31&checkout=2017-08-01&tick=636363134596
https://www.facebook.com/chomchiangmaicarrentandtours/

enjoy...:D:D

Last edited:

butterbarter

Reaction score
Pai or chiang rai better?

They are different.

Pai is a small mountain town that's popular with ang moh tourists, and is one of the small towns that is part of the famous 400km Mae Hong Son loop (popular with motorcyclist). Around Pai are the mountains of Mae Hong Song province, so you'll have the usual mountain attractions. I was there (for the motorcycle loop) and it is a touristy town with a nice vibe, like a small, mountain version of Luang Prabang or Hoi An.

Chiang Rai is a city that can be used as a base for exploring the Golden Triangle, and itself has a few attractions like the White temple, the Black house. It's bigger than Pai, and also has bigger night markets, including a really massive one on Sat night.

If you are into mountains or you want to explore mountain roads on a motorcycle/scooter, then Pai is good. Else, Chiang Rai is more suited for most people.

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I am going for 6D5N.

How should I plan? Go to Chiang Rai to stay for 2 nights then back to Chiang Mai for 3 nights?

I will land at chiang mai airport at 415pm. Will there be enough time to travel to the bus station arcade to catch the last slot 6pm vip green bus to chiang rai? Must buy the green bus vip ticket online in advance?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score

How should I plan? Go to Chiang Rai to stay for 2 nights then back to Chiang Mai for 3 nights?

I will land at chiang mai airport at 415pm. Will there be enough time to travel to the bus station arcade to catch the last slot 6pm vip green bus to chiang rai? Must buy the green bus vip ticket online in advance?

Thanks all!

Why don't you stay the night in Chiangmai before taking the bus to Chiang Rai the next morning? It will be a rush to get to the Arcade. Besides, I prefer to arrive in a new place before nightfall.

jingyenyen

Reaction score

Thanks all!

you may miss the bus and waste your time and money, good to spend a night near the bus station then go buy your tickets
at the counter.next to the bikky bike rent got the massage,haircut not bad, also can go to central festival.

y smart hotel just nearby, new for a good night rest.

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks beanstalk6 and jingyenyen. If this is the case, i think i will stay first 3 nights at chiang mai, then 2 nights at chiang rai.

On day 6, my plane departs at 4.55pm. So what time must I check out of chiang rai hotel to head for chiang mai airport?

So does that mean I will take the vip green bus to chiang mai bus staion arcade. And then take a cab to airport?

jingyenyen

Reaction score
Thanks beanstalk6 and jingyenyen. If this is the case, i think i will stay first 3 nights at chiang mai, then 2 nights at chiang rai.

On day 6, my plane departs at 4.55pm. So what time must I check out of chiang rai hotel to head for chiang mai airport?

So does that mean I will take the vip green bus to chiang mai bus staion arcade. And then take a cab to airport?

you should be checking out at 11am,then take the 12.15 pm bus.
reach arcade 3.20pm,flag a red car to cm airport around 4.00pm.just nice the timing to check in.
have to book in advance, sometime the buses are fully booked.
actually don't need to take vip, got ac, toilet is already good
enough.btw there are 2 bus station. the old station 1 is near to city area,
for station 2 need to take the pickup from station 1 to 2 vise versa.

Last edited:

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you should be checking out at 11am,then take the 12.15 pm bus.
reach arcade 3.20pm,flag a red car to cm airport around 3.50pm.just nice the timing to check in.
have to book in advance, sometime the buses are fully booked.
actually don't need to take vip, got ac, toilet is already good
enough.

How advance to book? 1 day? Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.