How to get internet connection/calls in phuket?

taquito

Reaction score
What is the cheapest way to make calls and get 4G while in phuket? Going there for around 2 weeks..thanks!

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the cheapest way to make calls and get 4G while in phuket? Going there for around 2 weeks..thanks!

sim card ... online sometimes can get at $3.99 onwards 7 days
u can use 2 sim cards or u can buy a 2 weeks sim card ...

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Online where to buy? So cheap safe to use or not

https://www.changirecommends.com/deal.aspx?id=965

Changi recommend $5. Self collect at airport before u check-in. Easy peasy

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
I had bad experience buying from them. The sim card cannot be used when I reach Thailand. Went to phone shop let the staff do it also cannot work. In the end I buy the sim card from the shop instead.

https://www.changirecommends.com/deal.aspx?id=965

Changi recommend $5. Self collect at airport before u check-in. Easy peasy

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If like that I rather you get from the shop itself outside the arrival gate. Some more save all your trouble they will do everything for you.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had bad experience buying from them. The sim card cannot be used when I reach Thailand. Went to phone shop let the staff do it also cannot work. In the end I buy the sim card from the shop instead.

I got it couple of times and it all works. Maybe u just bad luck? Give it another try?

the shop help you settle then no money earn Liao ma.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy in thiland airport la... they configure for you also.

There is actually nothing to configure. So they basically just help you eject the Sim and slot in the Sim.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is actually nothing to configure. So they basically just help you eject the Sim and slot in the Sim.

I usually buy and go, sometimes i also don't know why some people can get stuck at the counter with the phone exchanging hands so many times.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe bad luck lor. The shop I went to is the Telco of my sim card, I didn't tell them I bought it from 3rd party. So OK lah. But buying from changi recommend is it cheaper than buying at bkk Airport?

I got it couple of times and it all works. Maybe u just bad luck? Give it another try?

the shop help you settle then no money earn Liao ma.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe bad luck lor. The shop I went to is the Telco of my sim card, I didn't tell them I bought it from 3rd party. So OK lah. But buying from changi recommend is it cheaper than buying at bkk Airport?

Yes, sg only $5 for 8days

taquito

Reaction score
thailand i heard got TrueMove/AIS/DTAC, which one you guys recommend best speed for phuket?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thailand i heard got TrueMove/AIS/DTAC, which one you guys recommend best speed for phuket?

Similar to sg, all 3 similar. But I heard before ALS is best for ulu place, true best for city. This also depend on luck :s13:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is just like our M1/SingTel/Starhub here.

I only tried AIS in Phuket and so far no problem. Cannot comment on the other 2 providers. I tried TrueMove in Bangkok and also good.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.