Koh Lipe

LifeIsJinHappy

Reaction score
pak bara mi dunno but langkawi 2 lipe is :eek:
maybe mi sua koo neber see b4 such ting......that time go langkawi side still ok...board very in order...but once reach lipe liao...piang sibeh messy....they collect ur passport on the big boat then u change 2 small boat...then reach lipe beach u go down they unload ur luggage on the sand then u discover some thai man shouting name near 2 enterence of a street...then his engrish is sibeh powderful one....power until mani pple cannot understand their own name :s22:

U go collect passport ur luggage haven't unload...u wait for luggage your passport dunno go wer....walao....scary experience...old auntie cannot take tis type of stress sia....the passport man somemore must see face on ok so friend/famili cannot collect on behalf hor...

but overall the island is fun lar...small and funny...I tink more thai muslim then thai and mani mani friendly woof woof there...:s13:
Should be same la, luggage got get wet? Thinking of bringing notebook

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe mi sua koo neber see b4 such ting......that time go langkawi side still ok...board very in order...but once reach lipe liao...piang sibeh messy....they collect ur passport on the big boat then u change 2 small boat...then reach lipe beach u go down they unload ur luggage on the sand then u discover some thai man shouting name near 2 enterence of a street...then his engrish is sibeh powderful one....power until mani pple cannot understand their own name :s22:

U go collect passport ur luggage haven't unload...u wait for luggage your passport dunno go wer....walao....scary experience...old auntie cannot take tis type of stress sia....the passport man somemore must see face on ok so friend/famili cannot collect on behalf hor...

but overall the island is fun lar...small and funny...I tink more thai muslim then thai and mani mani friendly woof woof there...:s13:

This is how ulu island work lol, only 1 officer stamping your passport. The island don't have jetty, so only way is to transfer ppl and luggage.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can hand carry backpack. If you bring your small luggage to yr seat, you can board the boat with yr luggage.
My cabin size luggage is place on beach, it's not wet just sand.

LifeIsJinHappy

Reaction score
Going next week. Going on trip a+b and maybe 1 or 2 dives. Will report back after.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score

I only know of this ulu island while i was wandering around in langkawi. At first i wanted to join a day trip to pulau payar then i saw one tour agency offering day trip to koh lipe. Both cost around RM200+ so it was a no brainer cause koh lipe is nicer. Those thai people gave me priority and i cleared immigration first cause i was on a day trip. Other AMDKs have to wait

I noticed there were many AMDKs in koh lipe.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only know of this ulu island while i was wandering around in langkawi. At first i wanted to join a day trip to pulau payar then i saw one tour agency offering day trip to koh lipe. Both cost around RM200+ so it was a no brainer cause koh lipe is nicer. Those thai people gave me priority and i cleared immigration first cause i was on a day trip. Other AMDKs have to wait

I noticed there were many AMDKs in koh lipe.

Koh Lipe also come to my knowledge when I searching for pulau payar. I stay 2 nights cause day trip is too rush.

I think 90% AMDK

LifeIsJinHappy

Reaction score
So I went from hatyai and return from langkawi. Langkawi is the easier route. The pak bara boat went to a few places before reaching koh lipe. Not bad for free island hopping. Overall cheaper but longer from hatyai.

They offered paid long tail boat from pak bara pier and we got it but wasn't used. The speed boat docked at the beach so don't bother.

Travelling around just use taxi. No longtail boat used. Same price anyway and don't have to get wet/sand.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their island hopping lo, program A and program B. Program B further and 100 more baht but the snorkel sites are really nicer.

Oh, I cant remember which 1 I choose :s13:
I book the one with speed boat, better.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
just visited koh lipe recently. now they have upgraded the immigration counter and there is a sheltered waiting area and cafes nearby

There are also security guards to make sure all visitors pay the 200 baht entrance fee. last time nobody checked and bothered to collect the fee and can siam. not now cause they have set up a special booth after immigration to collect the fee. cannot siam.

Koh lipe is also much cleaner with many new accomodation. will definitely visit again

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just visited koh lipe recently. now they have upgraded the immigration counter and there is a sheltered waiting area and cafes nearby

There are also security guards to make sure all visitors pay the 200 baht entrance fee. last time nobody checked and bothered to collect the fee and can siam. not now cause they have set up a special booth after immigration to collect the fee. cannot siam.

Koh lipe is also much cleaner with many new accomodation. will definitely visit again

I went there last year, already have "immigration counter and there is a sheltered waiting area and cafes nearby". There is a push cart selling fruit.

There is no way to siam, there are rangers on different islands checking the ticket, if you didn't buy or forget to bring, need to buy another ticket.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
I went there last year, already have "immigration counter and there is a sheltered waiting area and cafes nearby". There is a push cart selling fruit.

There is no way to siam, there are rangers on different islands checking the ticket, if you didn't buy or forget to bring, need to buy another ticket.

they also asked for the ticket when i checked in for the ferry back to langkawi. heng, i never throw away lol

Now they have a build a pontoon at the pattaya beach so no need to worry about shoes getting wet when boarding the speedboat.

the best beach at koh lipe should be the one near mountain resort

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they also asked for the ticket when i checked in for the ferry back to langkawi. heng, i never throw away lol

Now they have a build a pontoon at the pattaya beach so no need to worry about shoes getting wet when boarding the speedboat.

the best beach at koh lipe should be the one near mountain resort

When I was there, the pontoon is already there. But don't know why they are not using it. We just get on the long tail boat directly from the ferry, back to ferry also the same.

Jerineng

Reaction score
Buay sai lar unless u handcarry and put in waterproof bag.....if not dangerous siol...anitime lappy dio water.....coz when u leave the island is another nitemare.....u Q on the beach then suddenly the small boat come everyone rush onto it....some board some cannot...walan stress sia....then go hm tat time u must carry ur own luggage hor...meaning those wif 2 luggage one is abit hosei liao....coz must wade in the water to climb ladder onto the small boat de...then wave come and if u shorty like moi....will kena until thigh lor...tsk tsk....then i see slippers kena sweep away oso :s22: jitao is messy....

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buay sai lar unless u handcarry and put in waterproof bag.....if not dangerous siol...anitime lappy dio water.....coz when u leave the island is another nitemare.....u Q on the beach then suddenly the small boat come everyone rush onto it....some board some cannot...walan stress sia....then go hm tat time u must carry ur own luggage hor...meaning those wif 2 luggage one is abit hosei liao....coz must wade in the water to climb ladder onto the small boat de...then wave come and if u shorty like moi....will kena until thigh lor...tsk tsk....then i see slippers kena sweep away oso :s22: jitao is messy....

Ulu island what you expect.

Jerineng

Reaction score
Moi there tis year to countdown new year lor.....AMDK mani mani...they all luv lipe....the immigration counter n shelter wating is there and the man call ur name for passport one oso there...passport take liao then go inside immigration to pay money for the marine park ticket etc cannot siam de lar....opposite shelter have cafe but dun dare to wander far coz if u miss ur name for passport u go under the passport pile...so u imagine 1 incoming so mani pple u need to wait even longer....zzzzz.....

Oh! but one ting abt lipe hor...new year countdown jin happening lei...i eat so big neber see b4 pa fireworks pa for at least 30 mins non stop one...and u can buy ur own sibeh big rocket to shoot up the sky...jin shiok...many sing sing dance dance n drink drink too....so even though abit crowded at the beach n smell like some gunpowder, the atmosphere is jin jiak good!

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score

Yes I laughed when I see those ang moh carry suit case having difficulties. Come to backpackers island with big suit case, really facepalm.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.