HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Koh Lipe

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #1

Thumbs up Koh Lipe

Just want to share my experience in Koh Lipe. The place is very beautiful, the beach is still clean and the water is clear. A good spot for diving and snorkelling. Fresh seafood and it is reasonably priced. It is a hidden gem and is still not very popular yet.

Travelling there:
Air Asia (Singapore to Langkawi) -> Langawi Airport -> Taxi -> Telaga Terminal (5 to 10 mins drive) -> Ferry -> Koh Lipe

I will post photos once I have reached my 100 posts. Anyone been there before?
dleodleo likes this.
yralclary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 12:49 AM   #2
Master Member

Just want to share my experience in Koh Lipe. The place is very beautiful, the beach is still clean and the water is clear. A good spot for diving and snorkelling. Fresh seafood and it is reasonably priced. It is a hidden gem and is still not very popular yet.

Travelling there:
Air Asia (Singapore to Langkawi) -> Langawi Airport -> Taxi -> Telaga Terminal (5 to 10 mins drive) -> Ferry -> Koh Lipe

Ferry ride how long ah ?
weekhiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #3

Ferry ride how long ah ?
about 45 mins and quite bumpy. If you get motion sickness easily then need to eat pills.
yralclary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:34 AM   #4

Can we see some photos now? Thanks
lrwonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #5

waiting for your pics too...
MondayCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #6

Really nice place. Ferry tix to Lipe from telaga quite ex about 100 sgd to and fro.but remember to collect your passport from Thai immigration when you reach at immigration booth.
KardBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #7

Travelling there:

set a blog
Old 10-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #8
Master Member

I was looking through the blogs of the Koh Lipe island yesterday too. Find it very beautiful. Is it safe? Will it have any kidnap case similar to the Sabah case?

I read some go via hatyai.

Some of the interesting blogs:
simontalks.com Blog Archive Vacation in Paradise – Koh Lipe Day 1

Maldives in Thailand @ Koh Lipe (Day 1) | DeXXy.Net
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #9

the nearest for me is thru Langkawi and 1 hour ferry ride to get there.for me it's safe.
KardBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

I am going there next month! Super excited that I can strike off one of the places on my bucket list. Accommodation is super expensive with $50+ for mix dorm, $80+ above for ensuite bathroom with no ac and no hot shower. Got to comb every OTA and those not listed on OTA ones, I managed to find a $80+ with ac and hot shower but it's not at beachfront.

Any recommended activities or places of interest to (view point ect) go? It was a super last min decision and my schdule is quite hectic now. So many thanks if you can share your experience.
dleodleo likes this.
Delsamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am going there next month! Super excited that I can strike off one of the places on my bucket list. Accommodation is super expensive with $50+ for mix dorm, $80+ above for ensuite bathroom with no ac and no hot shower. Got to comb every OTA and those not listed on OTA ones, I managed to find a $80+ with ac and hot shower but it's not at beachfront.

Any recommended activities or places of interest to (view point ect) go? It was a super last min decision and my schdule is quite hectic now. So many thanks if you can share your experience.
just be careful of the sea urchins there! lots of them round the island! no joke!
asiafrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

just be careful of the sea urchins there! lots of them round the island! no joke!
yeaaa seems like they are all over in Thailand's island destination. Some times they are hard to see and sits on a coral, people don't know will stand on it and kena poke high

Btw, you went before right? Is there any coffee shops that I can sit down and chill?
Old 15-01-2016, 04:34 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeaaa seems like they are all over in Thailand's island destination. Some times they are hard to see and sits on a coral, people don't know will stand on it and kena poke high

Btw, you went before right? Is there any coffee shops that I can sit down and chill?
i cannot recall a lot as i went quite few years back but for sure there are coffee shops and there's a walking street with quite many shops along it.
Delsamor likes this.
asiafrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 07:28 AM   #14

Sharing an article on how to go to Koh Lipe from Langkawi during open season.

https://moncochon.wordpress.com/2016...i-to-koh-lipe/
juxtaposition is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #15
Supremacy Member

Sharing an article on how to go to Koh Lipe from Langkawi during open season.

https://moncochon.wordpress.com/2016...i-to-koh-lipe/
Thanks, detailed article on the journey from LKG to koh Lipe. I took the slightly longer but cheaper route, Hatyai -> Koh Lipe. For those who don't want to spend too much time on the road, flying to LKG is a lot faster.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.