HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

My Bangkok food journey

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #1

My Bangkok food journey

Here I am. I will post my Bangkok food hunt every now and then and hope it will be helpful to those travel to Bangkok.

I have been traveling to Bangkok regularly since 2009 and at least 2-4 trips a year till this year, which I have to slow down as my newborn arrived month ago. But hope to travel to bangkok regularly once my newborn big enough to allow my wife to take care of him alone.

You can ask me anything about Bangkok food scene, and I shall do my best to provide any advice within my knowledge.

Here is my 1st sharing and hope you enjoy it.

A Bangkok best kept secret of BBQ chicken (detail in below link)

lalaland BBQ chicken

prisleongsing likes this.

Last edited by five5five; 28-10-2018 at 05:32 PM..
five5five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #2

Here I am. I will post my Bangkok food hunt every now and then and hope it will be helpful to those travel to Bangkok.

I have been traveling to Bangkok regularly since 2009 and at least 2-4 trips a year till this year, which I have to slow down as my newborn arrived month ago. But hope to travel to bangkok regularly once my newborn big enough to allow my wife to take care of him alone.

You can ask me anything about Bangkok food scene, and I shall do my best to provide any advice within my limitation.

Here is my 1st sharing and hope you enjoy it.

A Bangkok best kept secret of BBQ chicken

lalaland BBQ chicken

Thank you and share more!
Old 29-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #3

Hi pro
can share any affordable BBQ , grill , seafood buffet around bangkok pratunam area?
justme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 07:45 AM   #4

Thank you and share more!
Good morning. Doing my best to share whatever I can share. 😊
Old 30-10-2018, 07:57 AM   #5

Hi pro
can share any affordable BBQ , grill , seafood buffet around bangkok pratunam area?
Good morning, I not been to pratunam area in past 2 years, and I doubt any new BBQ seafood buffet will set up there as they need a big shop lot for BBQ seafood.
Try google Mongkorn Seafood. They are the one started the trend of BBQ seafood few years ago. I ate there twice and they are solid! Take a grab there please, do not take taxi. Point to point, they are about 4km away from North East of Pratunam area. The nearest MRT is Huai Khwang and add 2km on foot if you can walk. I walked 5km before just to eat as all taxi I flagged down refused to go there.
There many copy cat BBQ seafood but Mongkorn is nearest to you. Happy good hunting. Cheers
Old 30-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #6

Good morning, I not been to pratunam area in past 2 years, and I doubt any new BBQ seafood buffet will set up there as they need a big shop lot for BBQ seafood.
Try google Mongkorn Seafood. They are the one started the trend of BBQ seafood few years ago. I ate there twice and they are solid! Take a grab there please, do not take taxi. Point to point, they are about 4km away from North East of Pratunam area. The nearest MRT is Huai Khwang and add 2km on foot if you can walk. I walked 5km before just to eat as all taxi I flagged down refused to go there.
There many copy cat BBQ seafood but Mongkorn is nearest to you. Happy good hunting. Cheers
thanks bro for replying

any food you recommend to eat around pratunam or terminal 21 area?

as i have <3 year olds with me, i cant go for street food
justme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 08:58 AM   #7

thanks bro for replying

Good morning,
I feel you with a 3yo in Bangkok. Mine is only 2months old. I suggest you go proper eatery then.

I did some search and found Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam has a seafood buffet but the price not so attractive, plus I yet to venture into Hotel eat, so not sure are they worth it. I still have at least 60 street food hunt list in Bangkok to sample.

However, you may want to go to Novotel website to take a look. Here is the link. seafood buffet

Near terminal 21 has a great chicken noodle. meat like falls off bone kind. I will post here in a short while.
Old 31-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #8

Some great eat near terminal 21. tender soft soft fall off from bone chicken noodle.

chicken noodle

Old 31-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

wah, real charcoal grill chicken.
five5five likes this.
matrix05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Novotel Platinum Hotel used to have listing on Eatigo. Prices were attractive, lunch time, 14sgd after discount ... Slowly they reduced the discount. Now it is not listed on eatigo. Same goes to the novotel siam square ...

Only left with
The Square @ Novotel Ploenchit
Food Exchange @ Novotel Bangkok Sukhuvmit 20
The Square @ Novotel Impact
The Square @ Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom
dede1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #11

thanks bro for replying

Just me,

I found this near pratunam for BBQ seafood. You may want to try it and is called Jack's seafood

google map link here.
Jack's seafood

And there is one cafe you must try just diagonally opposite Terminal 21 in a building called exchange tower.

the cafe is called "Chu Chocolate Bar & Cafe (Asoke)". They have interesting menu and I ate there twice, and still do not have them line up on my food blog yet. haha.

google map link here
For choclate lovers and great breakfast

and if you love chocolate prpoduct, go to Terminal 21 basement. There is this Kiosk called Hokkaido milk. You will fall in love as long you have sweet tooth.

blog link here.
Hokkaido milk

Old 01-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Chu’s standard dropped from when I first started to go there. No longer visit it anymore.
turtlezhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #13

Chuís standard dropped from when I first started to go there. No longer visit it anymore.
That is hurting to hear that. Going to omit them from my list of blog posts, donít want to waste my time there. 😉
Old 01-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Try Ledu one of the up and coming young Chef in Bkk. Been there twice.
turtlezhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #15

Try Ledu one of the up and coming young Chef in Bkk. Been there twice.
Looks good. going into my hunt list.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.