Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me is the Dtac booth at the airport easy to find ? come out of the clearance door, turn left or right ?

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
can anyone tell me is the Dtac booth at the airport easy to find ? come out of the clearance door, turn left or right ?

yes it's quite ez 2 find. their kiosk is baby blue in color de. next 2 AIS iirc. turn left/right depends which custom u exit mah. :s11:

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they (DTAC) have sim card for iPhone 4S?

*sorry if this has been asked before :)

MiImbEn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u can buy the happy tourist sim at 7-11 also..

Do they (DTAC) have sim card for iPhone 4S?

*sorry if this has been asked before :)

my happy tourist sim comes in those 2 in 1 packaging for the sim..

meaning either u choose to use as regular sim or can take out only the micro sim see picture..

DtacduoSIM.jpg

Hi. Is this compatible with Singapore's blackberry because from what I heard, Singapore's blackberry are locked and can only be used locally.

The other time i went over to Taiwan but couldnt get the data plan card to work on my blackberry.

Thanks

ya for blackberry phone should be cannot work.. u need BIS.. if u get this data plan is like singapore blackberry phone u use android/iphone data plan...

can only use whatsapp + browser for fb/twitter.. those apps from blackberry world app store wont work

whitemilkycow

Reaction score
Hello. I am confused over all the different happy tourist sim cards.
I am going Thai for 4 days and do not require any call time. I need data to do whatsapp, tango and facebook. Can anyone tell me what is a suitable plan for me? Can I go for 49B plus internet topup?

TIA!

twisted_tales

Reaction score
Get the dtac happy tourist card at 299 baht. 100 baht free call and unlimited data, can't go wrong with this. :)

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

299B is inclusive of the sim card itself? So all in all, I need to pay 299B altogether?
Yes. Just pass the phone to the counter staff and hand over your payment. They'll do everything for your (remove your SG SIM, put in new one & activate).

BTW, it seems this isn't really unlimited per se. My friend received an SMS from DTAC on our 4th day saying that he has consumed 0.8 GB out of 3GB alloted. All 3 of us bought the same 299 Baht package.

lovelove

Reaction score
Yes. Just pass the phone to the counter staff and hand over your payment. They'll do everything for your (remove your SG SIM, put in new one & activate).

BTW, it seems this isn't really unlimited per se. My friend received an SMS from DTAC on our 4th day saying that he has consumed 0.8 GB out of 3GB alloted. All 3 of us bought the same 299 Baht package.

so is it really unlimited? anyone else experienced this before? coz i intend to just buy one card and use 3g for all 4 person using hotspot

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean only your friend got the sms? So weird. Maybe he got the wrong recycled card
Yeah. I find it weird too. He's the only one who got the sms/message. Me and the other friend didn't get any (and unlike him, I was using 3G for facetime & viber when we were outside)

blurblurz

Reaction score
Currently at bkk using wifi.. Bought the dtac happy tourist card at 711 but Internet like nth activated leh.. It's supposed to be auto rite?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.