Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

Van Den

Reaction score
where to get sim card with 3g data at bangkok's airport?

how much does it cost?

Which Airport are you referring to? Subarnavumi airport arrival just look for DTAC or AIS booth forget is it at arrival level or the below taxi level. Both have tourist plan at 299 baht with 7 days unlimited 3G with 100 baht local calls. Do expect some queue as all the tourist will be queuing to fix their sim card

For me I prefer to buy it at any 7 eleven and activate it myself following the english instruction that come along with the card. 7 Eleven usually only have DTAC and just tell the cashier Happy Tourist 299 and they will understand what you want.

DMK airport have some provision stores but the last time i went, they say they dun have 299 package but only have the normal 69 baht calling card.

Confession.pt3

Reaction score
Wah lao, so basically fly to Don Muang airport ish best to exit the airport immediately? :o

I tot Don Muang airport location ish quite gd actually, better than Suvar. airport which is a bit rike Changi distance.
Don Muang airport ish rike Kallang distance? :s13:

I prefer swampy actually. You can take airport rail/BTS to most of the popular areas.

Last edited:

AveryTonic

Master Member
Reaction score
Which Airport are you referring to? Subarnavumi airport arrival just look for DTAC or AIS booth forget is it at arrival level or the below taxi level. Both have tourist plan at 299 baht with 7 days unlimited 3G with 100 baht local calls. Do expect some queue as all the tourist will be queuing to fix their sim card

For me I prefer to buy it at any 7 eleven and activate it myself following the english instruction that come along with the card. 7 Eleven usually only have DTAC and just tell the cashier Happy Tourist 299 and they will understand what you want.

DMK airport have some provision stores but the last time i went, they say they dun have 299 package but only have the normal 69 baht calling card.

yes i was referring to Subarnavumi airport

do they have micro sim as im still using iphone 4?

Last edited:

Van Den

Reaction score
yes i was referring to Subarnavumi airport

do they have micro sim as im still using iphone 4?

Yes they even have nano sim but sometimes 7 eleven will run out of it. If you are buying it at subarnvumi airport should be no worries and they will help you put the sim card in/activate the data plan. The cons is need to queue only.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone use true money? i got a topup card but no sim, what sh ould i do?

angelmiao

Reaction score
Does the Happy Tourist really have unlimited data?
the last time I used when I was in Phuket, I only upload one or two pics to my instagram, the next day I got sms said need to top up coz no enough data to use, thought I have activated the unlimited service. :s11:

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
eh, ask yall
Where in Don Muang/Jatujak area can buy 299Baht sim then??
Union Mall got sell?

Van Den

Reaction score
bought a ulimited data sim card fro 2 days at Airport --- GOOD

You mean there are Unlimited data sim card for 2 days? if have kindly share the price/sim card telco plan.Thanks.

Does the Happy Tourist really have unlimited data?
the last time I used when I was in Phuket, I only upload one or two pics to my instagram, the next day I got sms said need to top up coz no enough data to use, thought I have activated the unlimited service. :s11:

You remember the sim card you brought cost how much? The packaging of sim card should have the word 7 days unlimited sim card. Also do make sure your sim card packaging is seal, i got kena once they tried to give me a broken seal one which I rejected immediately. By the way the unlimited service dun need activation, the thing you are activating is 3G only.

So far i use to gps/stream movie/facebook/instagram all the food i makan also nv run out before.

eh, ask yall
Where in Don Muang/Jatujak area can buy 299Baht sim then??
Union Mall got sell?

Just find any 7 eleven, they are almost everywhere. Don Muang airport, i did not manage to source the unlimited 3g sim card and the weirdest thing is upon arrival did not see any 7 eleven also lol

Confession.pt3

Reaction score
You can just buy any sim and activate the unlimited plan yourself.Most of the telco offer unlimited data for 1 day around 49THB. Make sure you on your data conn only after the unlimited plan is activated. If you on your data and activate unlimited, they will eat your balance.

Van Den

Reaction score
You can just buy any sim and activate the unlimited plan yourself.Most of the telco offer unlimited data for 1 day around 49THB. Make sure you on your data conn only after the unlimited plan is activated. If you on your data and activate unlimited, they will eat your balance.

For me I dun recommend that 49 baht daily top up plan, firstly daily activating is a hassle secondly there is a good chance for you to overshoot the day without activating the second top up card which would eat up your balance in the card. Lastly the 3G speed for the 49 is approx 7 times slower than the 299 package.

hlw8888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, juz to chk is this the highly recommended sim card to buy in bangkok? going there next week and scare i buy wrongly cos 1st time. :o

happytouristsim.jpg

Van Den

Reaction score
hi, juz to chk is this the highly recommended sim card to buy in bangkok? going there next week and scare i buy wrongly cos 1st time. :o

happytouristsim.jpg

Yep yep it's the usual dtac sim card that i buy from 7 eleven. Do make sure the plastic is seal properly. Enjoy your trip yea:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.