Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

FuNkDeViL

Reaction score
I will be staying at Rayong city for 24 days. May I know which thai prepaid sims card is recommended? My requirement will be good signal with high speed Internet

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be staying at Rayong city for 24 days. May I know which thai prepaid sims card is recommended? My requirement will be good signal with high speed Internet
I will be driving down to Rayong as well for 1 day tomorrow.. will try and see which one have good signal since I have Sim cards for all the 3 major telcos..

can't comment on internet speed because it depends on what data package u purchase for each telco and I didn't purchase the same max speed package for all three.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Dtac Happy Tourist SIM 299Thb internet finished today becos it is day 8. Tomorrow no more internet.

What are some data plans I can sms to sign up? And the cost, pls :o

Is it press *104*388# to subscribe to unlimited data package for 7 days at 4 Mbps speed at 160.50 baht (VAT included). :o

kitkat2

Reaction score
My Dtac Happy Tourist SIM 299Thb internet finished today becos it is day 8. Tomorrow no more internet.

What are some data plans I can sms to sign up? And the cost, pls :o

Is it press *104*388# to subscribe to unlimited data package for 7 days at 4 Mbps speed at 160.50 baht (VAT included). :o

check the app. lots of offers in there.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But i am in spore now. How to use the app? Need hp number verification? But the data sim number cannot work in spore :o
you should had activated international roaming before leaving Thailand..

anyways... I think the best dtac prepaid data plan now is this..

You can now enjoy Internet 6GB at max speed for 7days at 99THB (excl.VAT). To check package balance and expiry date, dial *101*1*9#. Special! Available to subscribe until 31 Dec,18 only!

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But i am in spore now. How to use the app? Need hp number verification? But the data sim number cannot work in spore :o
if the Sim card is registered to your name and passport number. you can actually add dtac call centre official LINE account and live chat them to help u activate IR.. this is another good point about dtac.. can just chat them thru LINE app for help and they have English agents

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am gg to bangkok on wednesday, can recommend me which telecom best so i can buy at airport? one week stay there

VacheronLim

Reaction score
i am gg to bangkok on wednesday, can recommend me which telecom best so i can buy at airport? one week stay there

most tourist sim are selling at 299 THB (8 days, 3GB of data at 4G speed then unlimited data at much slower speed)

klook has it at even cheaper price (they partner with DTAC) for a similar sim card

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Changi Recommends online selling AIS for $5.50 only :o

https://www.changirecommends.com/deal.aspx?id=965

Last edited:

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite a good deal
qoo10 $5.50 is truemove ... if ais must add $1 more ...

but i prefer dtac, got the app and can also global roam in spore meaning i can extend the sim card another 6mth or 1yr right in spore just by using the dtac app :o

Extend 1 yr only $4 :o

When touch down bkk airport, just insert sim card and dash to take taxi to downtown, no need q up to buy tourist sim card again!

kitkat2

Reaction score
but i prefer dtac, got the app and can also global roam in spore meaning i can extend the sim card another 6mth or 1yr right in spore just by using the dtac app :o

Extend 1 yr only $4 :o

When touch down bkk airport, just insert sim card and dash to take taxi to downtown, no need q up to buy tourist sim card again!

some singaporeans still prefer to use ais, because it's singtel mah :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.