Travelling With Elderly

yannbin

Reaction score
Hi,

I am travelling to BKK in Mid June with a late 60s elderly. We are staying in Berkeley Hotel Patunam. I am a bit streesed out cause 2 of the traveller decided to back out due to unforessen circumstances.

Would appreciate if you guys could suggest some idea on how to bring the elderly around.

Thanks

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am travelling to BKK in Mid June with a late 60s elderly. We are staying in Berkeley Hotel Patunam. I am a bit streesed out cause 2 of the traveller decided to back out due to unforessen circumstances.

Would appreciate if you guys could suggest some idea on how to bring the elderly around.

Thanks

Actually BTS, MRT and taxi are very convenience. Only thing is that, BKK need a lot of walking and climbing of stairs, so if the elderly got knee problem. Then taxi all the way since it cheap.
And don't plan too many as they need a lot of break in between attraction.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks

Berkeley has to climb an overhead bridge to Pratunam area. If not you could cross the road from the other side and walk a longer way to Pratunam area.

Taxi is quite cheap in Bangkok. You could bring them around via taxi. You can bring them to eat chicken rice which are nearby your hotel. 2 famous stalls : Go Ang - Pratunam Chicken Rice (pink t-shirt) and Kaiton Pratunam Chicken Rice (green t-shirt).

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Berkeley has to climb an overhead bridge to Pratunam area. If not you could cross the road from the other side and walk a longer way to Pratunam area.

Taxi is quite cheap in Bangkok. You could bring them around via taxi. You can bring them to eat chicken rice which are nearby your hotel. 2 famous stalls : Go Ang - Pratunam Chicken Rice (pink t-shirt) and Kaiton Pratunam Chicken Rice (green t-shirt).

Bro, you just come back? So many update :)

janelim89

Reaction score
I did this with 2 80+ year olds and it was quite challenging as the roads are pretty much 70s and there's a lot of walking to do, but overall still turned out fine.

Just include lots of rest stops and a light itinerary, book taxis in advance (street hailing might be a bad idea if under the hot sun), include lots of eating (if they like them) and chillax activities

BTS not recommended unless you recce before and sure that there's no need to climb steps / walk excessively far from one exit to the other.

snowieshaaa

Reaction score
I suggest you take taxi, grab or uber depending on traffic. Just back and weather is crazy so do bring along lots of water for them and stay along aircon shopping too

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya I just came back - 2 June 2017. I stayed at Grand Diamond in Pratunam area.

nice location ...
stayed before, really like the location , beside platinum mall only ...
room rates r reasonable, sometimes promo about 70+sgd per nite for two
junior suite 45m2 with bath tub and separate living room ...

Karcina

Reaction score
How about Glow Hotel? Anything to note?? I'm traveling with my grandma with bad legs and bones.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about Glow Hotel? Anything to note?? I'm traveling with my grandma with bad legs and bones.

the last time I went to glow few years back ...
the reception is at 7th or 9th floor, if i rmb correctly ...
walking to platinum mall, you need to cross the overhead bridge
there is a macdonald at the hotel nearby

the room thought is 27m2, the toilet is quite big ...
hence is sleeping room is slightly small. no bath tub for deluxe room ...
suite , and deluxe corner have bath tub ...

Karcina

Reaction score
Can anyone advice me on how i should travel around?
Should i book a private shuttle on Klook or should i just grab to the hotel instead? I've 6 person though. should be around 4-5 pcs of luggage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.