HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tricks by Grab drivers in Thailand

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2018, 12:32 AM   #31

Anyone booked grab before from airport to hotel in Sukhumvit for 5 adults + 3 medium sized luggage? Can fit in anot?
i doubt so. book 1 car first n see can squeeze anot, if can't then book 2nd one... anyway, if got promo codes, alr very cheap liao

dont think the Score promotion can be used in thailand ...
surely not... it's a partnership program b/w ntuc n grab
CareBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 12:39 AM   #32

i doubt so. book 1 car first n see can squeeze anot, if can't then book 2nd one... anyway, if got promo codes, alr very cheap liao
Thanks.. I was wondering whether to book grab family or can get big taxis at the airport.
slashmylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 08:31 AM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone booked grab before from airport to hotel in Sukhumvit for 5 adults + 3 medium sized luggage? Can fit in anot?
If u going to book grab, can try booking 2 normal car ...
should be about 400+ before toll charges

If u going to take big innova taxi, best to get your own driver
tripAdvisor drivers quote 700b (inclusive of toll)
if taking from airport, normally turns out to be 800+ , friends took few times before ... not sure if they have adjusted the meter ...
dede1217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 08:03 AM   #34

Hi what do u mean TripAdvisor driver?

Thanks

If u going to book grab, can try booking 2 normal car ...
should be about 400+ before toll charges

If u going to take big innova taxi, best to get your own driver
tripAdvisor drivers quote 700b (inclusive of toll)
if taking from airport, normally turns out to be 800+ , friends took few times before ... not sure if they have adjusted the meter ...
devilpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi what do u mean TripAdvisor driver?

Thanks
Go tripAdvisor search for drivers ...
Then whatsapp or fb message or email them ...
https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attra...9-Bangkok.html
dede1217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:23 AM   #36

I hear some are not legit Grab drivers ...
Old 12-11-2018, 09:08 AM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

I hear some are not legit Grab drivers ...
so far no issues with that ...
Old 18-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #38
Master Member

Tried grabtaxi 6 seater. By the time reach my pickup location meter 100+. Do they have the practice of starting meter once they accept the booking?
DRbeebeebeejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #39

Tried grabtaxi 6 seater. By the time reach my pickup location meter 100+. Do they have the practice of starting meter once they accept the booking?
No.

Bangkok Taxi Meter Rate

35 baht is a starting taxi fare in Bangkok so you should see it on the meter at the start of your journey and for this price you can travel up to 1 km.

For the distance from 1 km to 10 km the meter rate is set at 5.50 baht/km. Bangkok taxi fare changes by 2 baht so the meter will go up every 0.36-0.37 km at this rate.

The longer the distance of your trip by Bangkok taxi, the higher meter rate is. When the distance gets over 10 km, up to 20 km you will be paying 6.50 baht/km and the meter will go up by 2 baht every 0.30-0.31 km. The distance from 20 km to 40 km has a set meter rate of 7.50 baht/km, from 40 km to 60 km - 8.00 baht/km, from 60 km to 80 km Ė 9.00 baht/km and over 80 km - 10.50 baht/km. The meter will still go up by 2 baht but the more far you go, the faster it will be happening.

The taxi meter price for the distance covered usually isnít the only part of Bangkok taxi fare. As traffic conditions in Thai capital are complicated and traffic jams here is a norm, for every minute the taxi cannot move by more than 6 km/h speed you will have to pay extra taxi fare of 2 baht/minute.

Bangkok Taxi Surcharges

If you will decide to take a taxi at taxi stand in one of Bangkokís airports (Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Mueang Airport), there will be an additional surcharge of 50 baht to the metered fare.

There is a 20 baht surcharge for hiring the taxi through the radio communication center but you wonít really need to use it as itís much easier just to get a taxi on the street.

Passengers are also required to pay any road tolls on top of any metered taxi fare.
dora&boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #40

wa the moment you board 100+baht?? he must be very happy after you guys paid and alighted. can go home early and sleep

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #41
Master Member

wa the moment you board 100+baht?? he must be very happy after you guys paid and alighted. can go home early and sleep

Yes did seem fishy but the chicken in me got the better of me. Don't think so lah only SGD5-6 more how to go home early.
Old 19-11-2018, 08:39 PM   #42
Master Member

No.

Bangkok Taxi Meter Rate

35 baht is a starting taxi fare in Bangkok so you should see it on the meter at the start of your journey and for this price you can travel up to 1 km.

For the distance from 1 km to 10 km the meter rate is set at 5.50 baht/km. Bangkok taxi fare changes by 2 baht so the meter will go up every 0.36-0.37 km at this rate.

The longer the distance of your trip by Bangkok taxi, the higher meter rate is. When the distance gets over 10 km, up to 20 km you will be paying 6.50 baht/km and the meter will go up by 2 baht every 0.30-0.31 km. The distance from 20 km to 40 km has a set meter rate of 7.50 baht/km, from 40 km to 60 km - 8.00 baht/km, from 60 km to 80 km Ė 9.00 baht/km and over 80 km - 10.50 baht/km. The meter will still go up by 2 baht but the more far you go, the faster it will be happening.

The taxi meter price for the distance covered usually isnít the only part of Bangkok taxi fare. As traffic conditions in Thai capital are complicated and traffic jams here is a norm, for every minute the taxi cannot move by more than 6 km/h speed you will have to pay extra taxi fare of 2 baht/minute.

Bangkok Taxi Surcharges

If you will decide to take a taxi at taxi stand in one of Bangkokís airports (Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Mueang Airport), there will be an additional surcharge of 50 baht to the metered fare.

There is a 20 baht surcharge for hiring the taxi through the radio communication center but you wonít really need to use it as itís much easier just to get a taxi on the street.

Passengers are also required to pay any road tolls on top of any metered taxi fare.
35+50+20

Looks like can add this in the list of potential grabtaxi scams.
Old 20-11-2018, 02:27 AM   #43

I myself rarely, if not never take taxis when I'm in Thailand anymore.. almost purely grabcar after landing in Thailand till the ride back to airport departing Thailand.. save the hassle of all these little patterns and last min stunts that taxi drivers like to perform. although grab itself already managed to resolve the big problem of hailing down cabs on the roadside with drivers accepting or rejecting your destination and drivers quoting me fixed price when I speak English or ownself on meter when I speak Thai. (-_-")

the only exceptions are those late-night trips back home whereby I'm too tired or tipsy to walk down the row of taxis and find a meter taxi and secondly perhaps is once in awhile I will take tuktuk for short trips during times with really very bad traffic jams. no win/motosai for me because I used ride bikes during much of my young adult life and I cannot get pass the idea of being someone else's pillion.

Last edited by Charlie_Zhan; 20-11-2018 at 02:34 AM..
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #44
High Supremacy Member

Phuket take grab safe or not ah?
Mango_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 08:29 PM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

Phuket take grab safe or not ah?
Taking grab in phuket is expensive ...

price is 250b onwards, even for few minutes journey ...
basically phuket take tuk tuk or grab is very expensive, compared to bangkok ...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.