1 day durian tour

snowbun

Reaction score
hihi

its e durian season again!!

saw adverd for one day durian feast organised by wts travel.
travels by 40-45 seater coach. includes tour to brown rice factory, bee world & IOI mall, durian buffet lunch & chinese sit down dinner.

Has anyone signed up such tour before? it sounds pretty interesting, but i would like to hear comments from experts out here who have experiences to share.

many thanks :s12::s12::s12:

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
drive up yourself la. you lazy then just tag along lo.

snowbun

Reaction score
not lazy. juz tat we dun drive

anway i would appreciate helpful comments from pple who care to share their experiences, rather than leaving me a 1-liner

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if your aim is to go sight-seeing, then go for it lo. if it's just for durians, idk if it is worth it.

samcw2

Master Member
Reaction score
hihi

its e durian season again!!

saw adverd for one day durian feast organised by wts travel.
travels by 40-45 seater coach. includes tour to brown rice factory, bee world & IOI mall, durian buffet lunch & chinese sit down dinner.

Has anyone signed up such tour before? it sounds pretty interesting, but i would like to hear comments from experts out here who have experiences to share.

many thanks :s12::s12::s12:

Have not gone to durian tour before but went to fruit farm & fireflies 1 day tour, overall is quite ok, but be prepare, delay at check point, coach seat is small for big size ppl and eat with strangers on the same table at dinner.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
One can travel by train to Segamat. The only problem with this approach is that one is limited to travel within Segamat town. However the journey is cheap and comfortable.

daoneh

Reaction score
Hi, so how is your experience for 1 day durian tour as I was planning to go as I saw one day durian feast organised by wts travel?

pierre

Reaction score
Is the durian tour to those forest with kumpong house - and alot of mozzie around one?

Been one before - cant eat in peace with all the irritating things flying ard

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the durian tour to those forest with kumpong house - and alot of mozzie around one?

Been one before - cant eat in peace with all the irritating things flying ard

Isn't a typical durian tour at a durian plantation, that is, complete with kampong setting? Yes, thus with mozzies and/or flies? :s11:

Unless, perhaps, the Desaru one at a fruit farm, then maybe the fruits, if durian is included there, will be at tables in the dining area?

My most comfortable "durian buffet" was at the bungalow which we rented from the owner who also owned a durian plantation - durian sent to our doorstep, weighed, and weighed again after we've had our fill, and thus we paid the difference in the 2 weights.

I guess you pay for how you feast on the durians - indirectly paying for the environment as well.

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Last year I went for 2D1N Desaru tour with durians buffet. Nothing to shout about for the qualities of durians over there. We are seated with about 8 to 10 people on a table with buffet dinner. After which they would served us with durians with average quality. They served only 1 Maosanwan per table...:(, the rest all average quality durians.

The money paid for this tour might as well buy better durians in Sillypore and enjoy it at home if you are going for durians.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year I went for 2D1N Desaru tour with durians buffet. Nothing to shout about for the qualities of durians over there. We are seated with about 8 to 10 people on a table with buffet dinner. After which they would served us with durians with average quality. They served only 1 Maosanwan per table...:(, the rest all average quality durians.

The money paid for this tour might as well buy better durians in Sillypore and enjoy it at home if you are going for durians.

This one looks more like the Desaru Fruit Farm Tour? This type is primarily fruit farm with the other fruits, and durian is just the trying-to-attract-more-people thingy. Not a good choice for real durian hunters. :s13:

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
This one looks more like the Desaru Fruit Farm Tour? This type is primarily fruit farm with the other fruits, and durian is just the trying-to-attract-more-people thingy. Not a good choice for real durian hunters. :s13:

Perhaps I should follow those 1 day durian tour. But are the qualities of the durian better?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I should follow those 1 day durian tour. But are the qualities of the durian better?

From one of those blogs on durian tours, I've read that they'll serving up normal grade durians until someone specifically asked for the better ones.

I guess you'll have to know your durians - name/type you're looking for, and if the company is a reputable one, they should be able to do something. I'd suggest checking with the tour company before you book.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those asking about quality, just need ask yourself

what is the rational of the plantation owner serving you premium grade durian which can be sold at s$15-20/kg, in a buffet?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.