14.3% of children born to the bottom 1/5 of income earners later moved on in life to become the top 1/5 income earners in their 30s

GarnetDragon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, NITEC is not difficult to score. 30% Practical, 70 Theory. Unless you’re talking about courses like culinary, then the marking scheme is different.

put in effort confirm can do well.
Yep, definitely! Agree tt Nitec is easy to score. However, a minimum of 3.5 GPA is required, for Nitec to Poly straight. Heard of peeps who failed to get to Poly, even with high Nitec GPA. Hence, many Nitec students progress to do 2 more yrs in Higher Nitec.

For Higher Nitec, 2.0 GPA is e minimum to go to Poly. Sadly, there are HNitec grads who fail to get to poly via results based exercises like JPAE. It wd be better for HNitec students apply for Poly via EAE, put tgt a gd portfolio, and score a gd enuf Higher Nitec GPA, as I see more HNitec peeps successfully got into Poly via EAE, instead of JPAE.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nB3ySEy_d.webp

peaceheart

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many % born to top 10% later went on to be top 10%?

CyberTan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep, definitely! Agree tt Nitec is easy to score. However, a minimum of 3.5 GPA is required, for Nitec to Poly straight. Heard of peeps who failed to get to Poly, even with high Nitec GPA. Hence, many Nitec students progress to do 2 more yrs in Higher Nitec.

For Higher Nitec, 2.0 GPA is e minimum to go to Poly. Sadly, there are HNitec grads who fail to get to poly via results based exercises like JPAE. It wd be better for HNitec students apply for Poly via EAE, put tgt a gd portfolio, and score a gd enuf Higher Nitec GPA, as I see more HNitec peeps successfully got into Poly via EAE, instead of JPAE.
Depends. If you want to go popular courses, then sad to say, they have the lowest priority.

arsenalfc85

Master Member
Reaction score
I stayed in rental accommodation and was sleeping in the hall together with my brother for a period of time. At one point, both me and my brother were not able to stay with our parents... This was in 1983/84.

In the meantime, my wife was sharing one salted egg with her grandmother.

Fast forward 38 years - we are now in the top 10 percentile for HH income...

what made a difference? Good education and solid jobs from graduation till now..

good job bro. but u most likely belong to exception rather than norm.

i believe its more than just good education n solid jobs ba. Now how to get solid jobs? Not easy..

what industry are u in? The job landscape have changed quite a number of times in the past 20 years. Being in the right industry at the right time is also important, n this boils down to luck.

I dont believe good education n sheer hard work can get a person far, especially in today's context. It allows the person to survive, but to excel n succeed? Not necessary..

hardwriter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
86% still forms supermajority

Even more than ruling supermajority sitting members in pariahment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.