[160TH]AGO:Wastage of $5.39m of public funds at HPB over excess fitness trackers,overpayment at PSD!

AndroidComa

Reaction score
1 tracker $15 nia, they over ordered
but i find HPB intiative is very good reh, hope they continue the step challenge
order for replacements in case some uncle auntie come and KPKB say spoil mah
or order to place on the ceiling fan and let it rotate whole day

m/mink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tiagong got people registered multiple accounts and cheated thousands of dollars from HPB through the ezlink top up reward. HPB really jialat, nobody do checking one.

This was one invasive app that asks for NRIC number, birth date, name, address, phone and etc. How to register multiple accounts without duplicates?

I was on that AIA 10k steps programme, wanted to take HPB concurrently, registered and realised I got to wear their tracker, so didn't take part.

wheyprotein

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
“In its audit of the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY), the office found that supporting documents for claims contained signs that they could have been photocopies of one another, with alterations made to the dates and duration of services rendered.

At the Education and Home Affairs ministries, AGO said it came across instances where there were signs that supporting documents were created or even backdated to satisfy queries.

For the Housing Development Board, it was found that quotations for some items could have been created or altered to give the impression that they were obtained from other suppliers.

And at the People's Association, possible irregularities found include signs of falsification of quotations, alteration of hard copy payment supporting details and the creation and backdating of documents.”

Sounds like no major problem

ODACHEK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Editor better remove this kind of news, not good image for gov....

wheyprotein

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember some uncles and aunties at void deck with their individual wrist full of HPB fitness bands and shaking non stop to clock mileage in order to earn points for vouchers.

I also saw people wearing the wrist tracker at the parks

I think the HPB programme is quite effective

At least people care

boredom2012

Master Member
Reaction score
This is only a mole out of mountain. The excessive payment is to the redundant mayor and useless minister.

fallen1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow
PA
Alteration of documents
Falsifying of quotations!!!!!
Sounds like fraud to me at PA!

Mistranslated

Master Member
Reaction score
I remember some uncles and aunties at void deck with their individual wrist full of HPB fitness bands and shaking non stop to clock mileage in order to earn points for vouchers.
Did they shake their arms up and down in a pumping motion?

Level42

Master Member
Reaction score
If not for Covid. I think HPB can issue those trackers out easily. Sounds unfair to pick on them.

Champion_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
every time AGO come out with their findings on some gov wastage of tax payers fund, but in the end never see report on those responsible got punished or not or how the respective ministry rectify the issue, mostly say they will be more vigilant and will implement more safeguards in the future. 🥱
No blame culture in action. :o

CheeKeong108

Master Member
Reaction score
In pte sectors...such unforgivable “errors” will get someone fired but here....life goes on and bonuses enjoyed

Midnight2u

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no blame culture pls.... so whos gonan take the fall for tis

kuti-kuti

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mean those trackers given out to ppl must return back?

BrOwnTeddy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many of the PA committee accounts score very low to even a F during audit. Many times the staff are not able to stop how the volunteers use the public funds because some volunteers are too powerful and do not need to answer to auditors. When it comes to doing work, many of these very powerful grassroot leaders usually do the least work.
Actually can stop one.

see whether the RC Chairman, Vice Chairman, CM, DCD and CD want or not.

They all take the tone from each other and if RC Chair want to play favourites or no leadership qualities or is those no balls don't want to say No or laize faire type; then members go and anyhow buy things, over-cater food during event so they ownself dabao home, funds and grants from PA into RC is always used exclusively and too focused on select-groups (usually rental blocks) instead of spending for the zone....

u get all these nonsense.

2Dollar

Master Member
Reaction score
If PA commiting fraud the minister better don't act blur say dunno anything, minister supposed to know what is happening in the ward! The person at the top equally responsible and must be investigated whether doing his job anot

jinmuddy

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surprising 160th dare to post such news.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.