1st time to Japan, need help!

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
osaka to himeji, buy the 1day 2200yen jr west pass . otw back, can go sanomiya (kobe) eat kobe beef.

but the pass can only buy 1x so make sure u not buying anymore or need for another day.

if i were to buy single trip tickets for himeji/kobe how much would they cost?
is it a significant saving?
i.e. osaka to himeji
himeji to kobe
kobe to osaka

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope, my first time in Japan too actually haha. I'll be staying at Juyoh Hotel (3100 yen per night for private room, so why not) for most nights, and First Cabin Tsukiji for one night (wanna see tuna auction the next morning)

i tot of staying at first cabin, but in the end i didnt, lazy to lug my belongings around and find the place. not sure if its the right move lol. wanted to go see the auctions too but my hostel isn't near.

not sure how to go about doing this now haha :s13:

thesal

Reaction score
http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/en/?scid=jtt_kepEng002

found this webbie. however im travelling from osaka to kyoto to tokyo. not sure if there are any locations to purchase.

is it possible to buy in sg beforehand?

Dont think you can reserve the tickets online but there's a tokai tours office at Shin-Osaka. Kyoto station has one as well.

Alternatively, you can get them from JTB agencies located in Osaka.

Last edited:

hutkahn

Reaction score
i tot of staying at first cabin, but in the end i didnt, lazy to lug my belongings around and find the place. not sure if its the right move lol. wanted to go see the auctions too but my hostel isn't near.

not sure how to go about doing this now haha :s13:
If you wanna see the auction need to stay somewhere nearby liao... Apparently the queue to get in starts at 4am or earlier haha

I also hate changing hostels but this one bo bian. Hope I don't oversleep end up wasted

Sent from my phone using GAGT

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
If you wanna see the auction need to stay somewhere nearby liao... Apparently the queue to get in starts at 4am or earlier haha

I also hate changing hostels but this one bo bian. Hope I don't oversleep end up wasted

Sent from my phone using GAGT

ya i heard haha. when are u gg to tsukiji? prolly gotta bum around for 4 hours from midnight around the market

what time does japans public transport close? e.g. trains

Last edited:

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya i heard haha. when are u gg to tsukiji? prolly gotta bum around for 4 hours from midnight around the market
what time does japans public transport close? e.g. trains
My last trip in 2013, we arrived at 4.15 am already were the last 10 or 20 people for the day's quota. By 4.25am quota full liao. Anyway if you ask me ... I'm not so sure that it is worth the early journey, I guess you decide if this is worth it for you:

Also do take note that if you're also planning to go for sushi dai on the same day, by the time the tuna auction finish you will be "late" and there will already be dozens of people (easily 3-4 hours) in the queue.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I reached Tsukiji @ 345am and was the first few in line for the 2nd tour. Tour ended about 6+ and there was a long queue at Sushi Dai (prob about 1hr). Opted for Sushi Daiwa with no queue.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
My last trip in 2013, we arrived at 4.15 am already were the last 10 or 20 people for the day's quota. By 4.25am quota full liao. Anyway if you ask me ... I'm not so sure that it is worth the early journey, I guess you decide if this is worth it for you:

Also do take note that if you're also planning to go for sushi dai on the same day, by the time the tuna auction finish you will be "late" and there will already be dozens of people (easily 3-4 hours) in the queue.

I reached Tsukiji @ 345am and was the first few in line for the 2nd tour. Tour ended about 6+ and there was a long queue at Sushi Dai (prob about 1hr). Opted for Sushi Daiwa with no queue.

wow, guess i dun have to wait that long after public transport closes then. not sure if thats a good thing :s13:

Heard bout sushi dai, is it that much better than daiwa? was thinking of just going for daiwa which i heard is faster and also cheaper?

they are family related stores afaik right?

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, guess i dun have to wait that long after public transport closes then. not sure if thats a good thing :s13:

Heard bout sushi dai, is it that much better than daiwa? was thinking of just going for daiwa which i heard is faster and also cheaper?

they are family related stores afaik right?

I personally don't think Sushi Dai is worth the extra wait. It's more hype imho. Sushi Daiwa is just as good. Prices are about the same iirc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.