2.5 Gbps wired home network

jasonho

Reaction score
nice!!

I also have ordered my 2.5G switch (TL-SH1005) from Taobao.
Did you need to install any driver for the openwrt router to detect the ugreen adapter?

I am running OP under ESXI. I installed the USB (Realtek) driver under ESXI, and created a VMNetwork interface before adding it into the OP virtual machine. If you are having similar setup, do remember to choose VMXNet 3 for adapter type.

For ESXI USB Network drivers, u can find them here https://flings.vmware.com/usb-network-native-driver-for-esxi#requirements

If you are running native OP, just check if the OP image contains those USB 2.5G (Realtek) drivers.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am running OP under ESXI. I installed the USB (Realtek) driver under ESXI, and created a VMNetwork interface before adding it into the OP virtual machine. If you are having similar setup, do remember to choose VMXNet 3 for adapter type.

For ESXI USB Network drivers, u can find them here https://flings.vmware.com/usb-network-native-driver-for-esxi#requirements

If you are running native OP, just check if the OP image contains those USB 2.5G (Realtek) drivers.

Sorry what is OP ?

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry my bad habit of using abbv.

OP - Openwrt

can share what are the other things you have installed on your custom router?
I ordered the same router too, waiting for it to arrive :D

jasonho

Reaction score
can share what are the other things you have installed on your custom router?
I ordered the same router too, waiting for it to arrive :D
Beside ESXI 6.7 and OpenWrt (China version), I have pfense image but didnt try out yet. Also my Win VM image.

It depends on your configuration of your box.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.