[2018 video] Ah pek cyclist tio banged at zebra crossing

Ximple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun make sense lei bro, dun tell me one driver should rush head long in 1st when he saw there's a blind spot? Regardless of if it's a zebra or not, should have slow down a bit when approaching blind spot what?
What should happen in an ideal world and what often happens in reality are 2 separate things.

In theory, cars should slow down at zebra junctions, but in reality, we all know that is often not true.

So for the realist who values his own life, he needs to check that all lanes are clear or it is safe before he crosses.

If there is any part of the oncoming lane that he cannot see, he should not cross.

kuti-kuti

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The car in the 2nd lane should know someone is crossing since the car in 1st lane stopped at a zebra crossing
Should and must stop but cannot take for granted and just cross without 1st looking leaving your safetly on drivers. Ultimately pedestrians will be at the losing end. Drivers go to jail, but comes out body still intact. Pedestrians loses limbs and even life.

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the second car slow down whenever approaching pedestrians crossing ?

o blong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That culprit car never wonder why the car on the other lane has stopped? Zero defensive driving, road sense.

Sadly a lot of st1nki is like this..

No common sense + selfish mindset

Need fine+jail then only MAYBE the g0ngkia will wake up

Akky85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
many times ppl get hit on the 2nd lane with the view blocked by the 1st lane vehicle. ppl just dun bother to look out for 2nd lane traffic, taking for granted drivers will stop faithfully.
Technically speaking, It's on a Zebra, like it or not it's on the onus of the drivers to stop MUCH MORE then pred looking out for rushing veh. If this is anywhere else like a jaywalk incident then i will agree with u. Accidents like this ON zebras is 100% on the drivers and not the ped. They ARE SUPPOSED to be crossing once traffic have slow down ( AND is supposed to slow down , BE IT there is ppl or NOT). This is something ppl need to get clear and VERY clear, esp drivers. I have seen so many times, drivers just speed up or not stopping becuz there's no ppl, or they think they and zip in and clear the zebra without stopping, eventually developing this bad habit and then attempt to justify as ''be realistic''. Nothing against u brah.

motoramen

Reaction score
Lots of fark up moron drivers these days... some dont even do complete stop at zebra Xing, its as if they are doing you a favor by letting you cross.

tokong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Blur kok driver. Well, some people cannot take the hint that the cam car on the left has stopped.
Hope that the culprit car driver kena knock like that when he gets old or his loved ones get old.

MyWill

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Argue so much no use. LTA scholars laughed as they read. Root cause is what? Accident can be designed out!! Put zebra crossing on a sharp giant hump! It was done in the past until the useless LTA scholars removed them because they felt inconvenienced since they ownselves drivers AND ownselves wana speed. If thats not the reason, u tell me why they remove a good design??

rathalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Drivers mentality is, "I spend 100k on a car not to slow down.. I am speed.. everyone else on the pavement deserves to be bang.."

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.