Google Pixel 4a

bobaccord

Reaction score
Hello Experts,

Do you encounter any problem with physical SIM and eSIM both in operation for Pixel 4a?

I keep having intermittent connection with the physical SIM although eSIM is working fine with no issue. Also sometimes people cannot reach me by phone or sms for the physical SIM but I can call or text to others.

I was originally with M1 but they said they not supporting eSIM for Pixel phones so I switched to Circles.Life as it says it supports Pixel 4a.

But after I switched to Circles.Life, my physical SIM is still non-receptive to incoming calls and SMS.

So disappointed with Pixel 4a. If this problem continues, I'll be forced to dump it!

Please help! Thanks.

Hi, I was researching for eSIM for my Pixel 4a, and I found this thread. Hope it helps in your current issue.

https://wccftech.com/google-pixel-4a-5g-and-pixel-5-are-not-dual-sim-smartphones/
The Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 5 support nano-SIM and eSIM, but both smartphone are not dual-SIM, meaning you can’t use two phone lines simultaneously.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Battery life seems to have noticeably improved for this August update.

I thought it was just a one off fluke but it's quite a welcome improvement!

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not bad sia. Up till now mine never past 4 hours. Lol.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You never switch on BT?

I have to on BT for TT. So battery is really bad now.

Furthermore, the battery health is already cmi.

Edit: Oops sorry I just realized this is P4A thread. Mine is P4.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You never switch on BT?

I have to on BT for TT. So battery is really bad now.

Furthermore, the battery health is already cmi.

Edit: Oops sorry I just realized this is P4A thread. Mine is P4.
Bluetooth is on. The TT app is in the background.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Who is always running out of storage ah.
Storage depends on your usage - it's usually media that consumes the most storage. So check your videos, photos, songs. And very large apps (typically games).

My songs and shows are streamed (Spotify, Netflix/Viu/Disney+/Prime Video/Youtube), so storing too many of them is not really an issue for me. I don't store too many photos.

In fact, on a good period, I can get by with about 50GB used... but I like the buffer of extra space as needed - this I use for offline storage of certain Spotify playlists as needed.

WhatsApp and Telegram group chats are bad - especially if you have people who constantly send videos to you. I don't save my media onto the gallery for this reason - don't like clutter.

My dad gets by with 30GB of used space on his Pixel 4a. :LOL:

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://9to5google.com/2021/08/13/pixel-4-and-4a-official-promo-wallpapers/
pixel-4a-promo-wallpaper-official.png

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WhatsApp and Telegram group chats are bad - especially if you have people who constantly send videos to you. I don't save my media onto the gallery for this reason - don't like clutter.
For telegram, go into settings and turn off auto d/l. and in storage data set to 3 days to keep media
ns3Jn6a.png
ROvoHSu.png

As for WA, go to storage and data, uncheck all media d/l

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.