Google Pixel 5

heyitsmik

Reaction score
Hi all. If i buy pixel 5 EU set and use in singapore, will there be any issues? I read that mosy people get US, UK or Jap so am not sure if the EU set will be usable
Hi, did you manage to try this? I am also considering doing the same. I searched online and couldn't find any problems, but also heard might not be able to use google pay

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, need some help with my Pixel 5a.
My phone froze and went black screen. I tried charging to turn it on but to no avail.
Tried to do a hard reset by pressing onto power and vol down button but it wouldn't work too
What should I do next to troubleshoot and get it up?

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, need some help with my Pixel 5a.
My phone froze and went black screen. I tried charging to turn it on but to no avail.
Tried to do a hard reset by pressing onto power and vol down button but it wouldn't work too
What should I do next to troubleshoot and get it up?
Usually can just hold down the power button for about 30s. how long did you charge the phone? plug in phone, wait five minutes see how

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually can just hold down the power button for about 30s. how long did you charge the phone? plug in phone, wait five minutes see how
Just tried charging it for 5min and holding down power button for 1min... doesn't work.
Screen is still black.

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
black screen of death le right :(
no support for Pixel 5a..... :sad:
Either battery or h/w. give them call. maybe they can offer support. sometimes they pull out the battery, then put it back into the phone will wake it

Or let the phone charge for an hour ot two, may miraculously wake up

Last edited:

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either battery or h/w. give them call. maybe they can offer support. sometimes they pull out the battery, then put it back into the phone will wake it

Or let the phone charge for an hour ot two, may miraculously wake up
just checked with them. they can't offer any support for 5a :(

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try connecting to a pc. let it sit there for 10mins then disconnect and reconnect it
Thanks. It booted up. But now have this case of auto reboot. Happened twice and both times lucky to be able to boot it up back up. Jialat.. think better to get a new phone just in case

simcheat

Reaction score
any1 tried whatsapp beta (multi device) for pixel 5 as secondary device?
when primary phone use "link a device" on pixel 5, whatsapp on pixel 5 will force close.
upon reopen whatsapp show "you have been logged out".

my whatsapp beta works on all secondary phones except my pixel 5......
if whatsapp beta pixel 5 as secondary device works for u, can post u android version, and build number here.
thanks

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was on Netflix watching The Intern and realised

bnGTQlm.jpg
vxspuGE.jpg

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Pixel 5's support is scheduled to end in October 2023, so it won't be eligible for the Android 14 QPR1 beta.

Pixel 4, 4 XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5 & 5a (5G) phones get Android version updates and security updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store in the US.
PhoneGuaranteed Android version updates until at least:Guaranteed security updates until at least:
Pixel 5a with 5GAugust 2024August 2024
Pixel 5October 2023October 2023
Pixel 4a (5G)November 2023November 2023
Pixel 4aAugust 2023August 2023
Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XLOctober 2022October 2022

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.