27 Inch 1440P local brand monitor comparison

tensaixp

Reaction score
I am currently using a Typhoon Systems IQ270-165, no complains about it. Comes with a height adjustable stand with was very nice to have at the price point, but I'm using a monitor mount anyway so it makes no difference. Recently I saw a new local brand called Pixle, and they also have a 27 inch IPS monitor. I feel like replacing my secondary 24 inch monitor, and I wonder which brand is actually better, and what panels they used. I have tried googling but local brands lack much reviews anyway. All I found out is the Pixle uses a Sharp panel, and the Typhoon Systems monitor has gsync and freesync as compared to the freesync only on the Pixle. Does anyone have more information on the panels and which is actually better?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pixle is a good brand based on my current experience, despite it being a new player. The panel they select are good quality, though the monitor build from a cosmetic perspective, needs improvement. So if you treasure good panel over the cosmetic look of the monitor, then it is worth considering Pixle’s monitors. You can always message them to know more about the panel used, and I think they will be very happy to share the information with you because that is their strength.
As to GSync and FreeSync, you need to be clear that it is not GSync compatible. Some manufacturers deliberately advertise as G-Sync, but it is actually G-Sync compatible. G-Sync requires the G-Sync module in the monitor, that not just increases cost, but may also require some active cooling in high end monitors. Also for most, there is no discernible difference between the 2. FreeSync (Premium) works very well to me.

khaleelrs

Reaction score
Using pixel for close to a year already. I have to say for its price it's a very good panel. Good colours and high refresh rate good enough for gaming for me. Downside is the osd panel is really flimsy and difficult to use. Plus also limited options to adjust the settings. Although out of the box it was pretty good for me

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using pixel for close to a year already. I have to say for its price it's a very good panel. Good colours and high refresh rate good enough for gaming for me. Downside is the osd panel is really flimsy and difficult to use. Plus also limited options to adjust the settings. Although out of the box it was pretty good for me
Yeah, the OSD takes some getting used to. Fortunately in most cases, we set the monitor up once or very infrequently, so it is not a show stopper for me. I can also affirm that the panel quality is good. The ultrawide I got from them uses the LG Nano IPS, which is really nice. The after sales service is also very good now.

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
i use the typhoon as well, i think its quite a lot cheaper than the pixle? last i chcked they dont even have the 165hz ones in stock, only 180hz at 600$.

typhoon one is fine once u change the colours a little, other than the rgb that turns on everytime automatically.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.