3 fully vaccinated cases (2 require oxygen supplementation while 1 requires ICU care as they have underlying medical conditions)

jonesftw

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
604 cases are currently warded in hospital. Most are well and under observation. There are currently 33 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 7 in critical condition in the intensive care unit (ICU). 3 amongst these 40 cases are fully vaccinated. Of these, 2 require oxygen supplementation while 1 requires ICU care as they have underlying medical conditions. 26 seniors above 60 years, of whom 24 are completely unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, have fallen very ill.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/update-on-local-covid-19-situation-(31-july)

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
it must not be true leh. how come fully vaxxed still go to ICU? lol.

and u will have pro vaxxers coming up with percentage and all that to justify this.

i bet you, that u will see in the coming months more fully vaxxed people in ICU and in need of oxygen. there are gonna be more of them than the unvaxxed.

please pin this post of mine.

zeenlai

Reaction score
604 cases are currently warded in hospital. Most are well and under observation. There are currently 33 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 7 in critical condition in the intensive care unit (ICU). 3 amongst these 40 cases are fully vaccinated. Of these, 2 require oxygen supplementation while 1 requires ICU care as they have underlying medical conditions. 26 seniors above 60 years, of whom 24 are completely unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, have fallen very ill.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/update-on-local-covid-19-situation-(31-july)
In other words, 37 of the 40 serious cases are unvaccinated showing how the unvaccinated has much higher chance of getting serious covid!

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
In other words, 37 of the 40 serious cases are unvaccinated showing how the unvaccinated has much higher chance of getting serious covid!

bro can u read the graph below? please dont count partially vaxxed as unvaxxed hor lol.

BdeI4YW.png

zeenlai

Reaction score
it must not be true leh. how come fully vaxxed still go to ICU? lol.

and u will have pro vaxxers coming up with percentage and all that to justify this.

i bet you, that u will see in the coming months more fully vaxxed people in ICU and in need of oxygen. there are gonna be more of them than the unvaxxed.

please pin this post of mine.
Your math not very good right.. if 100%of population vaccinated, then of course all in ICU will be vaccinated... didn't get that 37 of the 40 in serious condition is unvaccinated? It shows the effectiveness of vaccination in preventing serious covid.

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
OK 22 of 33... still the same conclusion

what i am trying to drive here is this: if you're young (under 60), don't have any medical condition as per below, you don't need the vaccines. if you are not, then u can get vaxxed and still end up in hospital (ICU or in need of oxygen), then they will announce that it is due to your underlying medical condition which is a double speak. do you understand what i am saying?

Certain underlying conditions and the number of conditions were associated with severe COVID-19 illness. Hypertension and disorders of lipid metabolism were the most frequent, whereas obesity, diabetes with complication, and anxiety disorders were the strongest risk factors for severe COVID-19 illness. Careful evaluation and management of underlying conditions among patients with COVID-19 can help stratify risk for severe illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm

zeenlai

Reaction score
what i am trying to drive here is this: if you're young (under 60), don't have any medical condition as per below, you don't need the vaccines. if you are not, then u can get vaxxed and still end up in hospital (ICU or in need of oxygen), then they will announce that it is due to your underlying medical condition which is a double speak. do you understand what i am saying?

Certain underlying conditions and the number of conditions were associated with severe COVID-19 illness. Hypertension and disorders of lipid metabolism were the most frequent, whereas obesity, diabetes with complication, and anxiety disorders were the strongest risk factors for severe COVID-19 illness. Careful evaluation and management of underlying conditions among patients with COVID-19 can help stratify risk for severe illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm
Below is the chance of side effects of vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html#persons-18yrs-older
Ultimately everyone have to make their own decision. The problem with covid is always the overwhelming of medical infrastructure. Fully agree with you that with proper medical attention, covid is survivable. Unless like what we saw in India, where you can't get the proper medical attention due to medical infrastructure being overwhelmed.

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
Below is the chance of side effects of vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html#persons-18yrs-older
Ultimately everyone have to make their own decision. The problem with covid is always the overwhelming of medical infrastructure. Fully agree with you that with proper medical attention, covid is survivable. Unless like what we saw in India, where you can't get the proper medical attention due to medical infrastructure being overwhelmed.

not just that but vaxxed will give you a false impression that you're resistant to covid when you're not. you are gonna asymptomatic most of the times and have the potential to be super spreaders. and if you have underlying condition, tough luck, you're f**ked no matter whether ur vaxxed or not. hence, thats why it is better not to vax if you have underlying medical conditions coz god knows what these vaccines will cause to your body.

zeenlai

Reaction score
not just that but vaxxed will give you a false impression that you're resistant to covid when you're not. you are gonna asymptomatic most of the times and have the potential to be super spreaders. and if you have underlying condition, tough luck, you're f**ked no matter whether ur vaxxed or not. hence, thats why it is better not to vax if you have underlying medical conditions coz god knows what these vaccines will cause to your body.
That my friend, is bad advice. The more you should vax if you have underlying condition because it will be worse should you get covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/underlying-conditions.html

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
That my friend, is bad advice. The more you should vax if you have underlying condition because it will be worse should you get covid.

yes and u will end up in ICU or in need of oxygen. when u die, they will declare it is due to ur underlying medical condition and not the vaccines. truth to be told, the vaccines are still new, we dont know yet whether your death is due to the vaccine or the underlying condition. understand the diff between relative risk reduction vs absolute risk reduction.

kgluong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes and u will end up in ICU or in need of oxygen. when u die, they will declare it is due to ur underlying medical condition and not the vaccines. truth to be told, the vaccines are still new, we dont know yet whether your death is due to the vaccine or the underlying condition. understand the diff between relative risk reduction vs absolute risk reduction.

That's correct. If you have underlying conditions you shouldn't take the vaccine in the first place imo.

zeenlai

Reaction score
And you should understand the relative chances of 1) getting covid between the vax and unvax 2) If Kenna covid, chances between getting serious and non serious symptoms between vax and unvax

Then finally I would agree that if Kenna serious covid, chances of dying between vax and unvax is probably about the same. Probability before getting to that point is totally different between vax and unvax.

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
And you should understand the relative chances of 1) getting covid between the vax and unvax 2) If Kenna covid, chances between getting serious and non serious symptoms between vax and unvax

Then finally I would agree that if Kenna serious covid, chances of dying between vax and unvax is probably about the same. Probability before getting to that point is totally different between vax and unvax.

friend, i think u need to re-read the diff again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.