30s-50s chitchat club

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should look at the hifi subforums . that might only be the price of the cables folks buy.
Ya, I know. visit niche hifi and home theater forums before.

back then my thumb rule was less than $1k for AVR

You hook up an avr to your PC and then to how many speakers?
5.1 system. very aged system. I believe Ryan is 7.1?

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You hook up an avr to your PC and then to how many speakers?

Actually more like I hook the PC to the AVR via HDMI. I also hook an Nvidia shield to the AVR for the usual Disney+/Prime/Netflix

Wired to 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer at the PC corner. Akan datang, bought ceiling speakers, will be getting electrician to fix them on the false ceilings.

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually more like I hook the PC to the AVR via HDMI. I also hook an Nvidia shield to the AVR for the usual Disney+/Prime/Netflix

Wired to 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer at the PC corner. Akan datang, bought ceiling speakers, will be getting electrician to fix them on the false ceilings.
not 7.1?sad because you always tell me new DD standard back then

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

so you have 3 AVR at home with 3 separate speaker systems? Living room, master bedroom and PC (for study)?

That would easily be at least 10 speakers?

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No leh. You told me about the two extra speakers for better surround effect.
oh that. Dolby Atmos . Ya lor hence the ceiling speakers .. all of them sitting in boxes. Two rooms will become 5.1.4, the other 5.1.2. Arranging one of the weekend for the electrician to one shot do all swee swee. Also wanted him to switch out some of my old unsmart spot lights into smart Philips Hue lights on the same sitting. still waiting for lights to come ... this will be my "mini reno"

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SINGAPORE - Stephanie Phua was once asked by a client why her social media agency Duo Studio charged what it did when his own intern could easily create the content and more.

She countered that her agency's clarity of approach and strategies stem from her 10 years of experience working with social media content, and hiring experienced professionals would offer more peace of mind.

"There's a lot of strategic thought we put into messaging and creative production to ensure brand integrity is sustained... Glad to say, he was convinced in the end," says Ms Phua, 32, whose six-year-old company has worked with clients such as corporate heavyweight Fraser & Neave and Reebok.

That is just one of the common misconceptions about the social media marketing industry, which some see as just Instagramming and posting content all the time, or as a faceless tool that serves as a means to an end, she says.

In fact, it is an ever-evolving landscape that requires marketers to be connected and authentic at the same time. The Singaporean audience has also evolved from being relatively passive to finding their voice to speak up for what they believe in, she adds.

The growth of social media marketing provides more opportunities for smaller firms to compete with better-known ones.

Many big brands are still struggling to manage the shift from traditional marketing - which was more one-way - as not all are equipped with the right resources to handle social conversations, and smaller businesses may be able to outperform them in this area, says Ms Phua.

"If you truly understand what makes your target audience tick, how to drive good conversations and dedicate resources to getting this platform right, the beauty of social media is that outreach is democratised," she says.

Q: What do you do at work?​

A: No one day is the same for sure. A typical day involves team strategy meetings, client calls, overseeing shoots, and catching up on the latest in social media trends.

Q: How much do you earn?​

A: $80,000 to $100,000 annually.

Q: Why did you decide to pursue this career?​

A: I would call it serendipity. I graduated at a time when social media was still nascent. In my first internship, I was tasked to do a social media landscape study in South-east Asia and that's where I saw there was a lot of thought leadership articles and best practices coming from the West, but a huge gap of knowledge and information available about South-east Asia.

I started experimenting with content on a personal basis, and started seeing the real business value that the platform could bring.

I was using Twitter to network, writing for a tech publication, and running my own blog where I'd play around with SEO (search engine optimisation) to see how it impacted traffic and businesses.

I was well and truly bitten by the social media bug then, and have never looked back. I set up Duo Studio in 2015 with pure intentions of adding soul to social - remembering the way we used to communicate before social media, and driving social media content that touches, engages, sparks conversations and is relatable.
Wow. Do you believe these, Ms Dusky?

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you, HS, Dusky and Ryan.

While chatting, I walked around Bukit Batok before going home.

3 hrs trip so far.

I imagine myself as meeky small kid living at Bukit Batok home.

Bukit Batok BTO flats look cool. It certainly make whole Bukit Batok bigger as a whole.

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From 3-4 years old.

At least corrective eyewear has improved a lot nowadays. Back then, I really stood out with my big dorky glasses.
59cfb83363aa7827f5433f9bf53af9f1.jpg

Were you like this (equivalent-ly)?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.