3994 cases, 7 deaths [19 oct 2021]

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the daily infected is so solid, why have 95% confidence level band in the cumulative number? :unsure:

Actually, I don't quite understand the graph.
I say solid bcos they never shade in the confidence level for the daily infected blue line. Cumulative will have a wider range bcos it accumulates the small errors in daily cases over time.

jericho75

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just know my indon in-laws last month very keen to come to SG (as they have always been, many months in a year). But since 1-2 weeks ago, not keen already.

Srsly, i dont think most tourists will come during their winter period with such case loads. If the tourist sector and businesses think they are gonna resume huat this year end festive season etc, i really dont think so.

Simply coz you can't do anything much at all (unless in a very small group or just as an individual). Even if you dont care about the risks.

who wanna come leh?

maxresdefault.jpg

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With today's number i guess we are back in the chase again! Shd be like 720 cases per million
(even without the ART +ve asymptomatic / very mildly symptomatics in the count! )

Unless if UK surges comfrotably past 50k tonight.

7UlqaxO.jpg

Last edited:

Senna Wales

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We have 71 in ICU today. Already over the halfway mark of the ICU beds available originally (Without going into surge mode, which is a bad idea anyway with our ICU manpower coz that just means lousier care).

they better pray in the coming week(s) we dont have any big industrial accident / fires / burns etc. Coz the covid caseload is still rising and that translates into ICU.

ps. For sure the public is continuing to go out, and in increasing numbers.
14 Oct: 46
15 Oct: 48 (+2)
16 Oct: 62 (+14)
17 Oct: 66 (+4)
18 Oct: 67 (+1)
19 Oct: 71 (+4)

Total ICU: 71/187 (38%)
Old total ICU: 71/113 (63%)

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For info.
Generally, Ventilated ICU patient need 4 ICU trained nurses, 1 at any time of the day, so need total of 4 to cover 24x7, nurse off days.

So go figure how many nurses needed for 70 icu

And not forgetting the other speciality nurses, like respiratory therapists. Like our friend in the Emergency Prepardness thread.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With today's number i guess we are back in the chase again! Shd be like 720 cases per million
(even without the ART +ve asymptomatic / very mildly symptomatics in the count! )

Unless if UK surges past 50k tonight.

7UlqaxO.jpg
UK chiong bcos of Delta plus AY.4.2 plus autumn. Uk some more amongst the top vtl country with us. What if Delta plus come visit us. Our genome sequencing lab may not be doing enough samples to check new incoming variants.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rest in peace departed Singaporeans....
deepest condolences :cry:

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like that how our healthcare worker apply leave?

later cases surge their leave tio blocked how?

is it fare to them to work like hell because of MTF failure?

cut all the MTF celery distribute to all healthcare workers nao!!!

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
14 Oct: 46
15 Oct: 48 (+2)
16 Oct: 62 (+14)
17 Oct: 66 (+4)
18 Oct: 67 (+1)
19 Oct: 71 (+4)
Total ICU: 71/187 (38%)
Old total ICU: 71/113 (63%)

That's right..... I really dont know how the heck can we expand into say 250 even if we have the $$$/space/equipment, let alone 1k.

ps. The percentages depicted are only for COVID patients. The usual illnesses have their own ICU cases, and as mentioned earlier they better pray that we dont get a big industrial accident or what with dozens incoming.

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's right..... I really dont know how the heck can we expand into even 250 even if we have the $$$/space/equipment, let alone 1k.
By then go into triage liao like war time, those can save, go ICU, those cannot save, ji gei po zhong ok.

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like that how our healthcare worker apply leave?

later cases surge their leave tio blocked how?

is it fare to them to work like hell because of MTF failure?

cut all the MTF celery distribute to all healthcare workers nao!!!
Cut salary?

we should hang the MTF already

Senna Wales

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's right..... I really dont know how the heck can we expand into say 250 even if we have the $$$/space/equipment, let alone 1k.

ps. The percentages depicted are only for COVID patients. The usual illnesses have their own ICU cases, and as mentioned earlier they better pray that we dont get a big industrial accident or what with dozens incoming.
I tried to ask this before, is it true 1 ICU bed needs about 10 medical staff?

For total ICU, it's also over 50% already, and that's 4 Oct, which was 35 COVID ICU, half of now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.