8-hour rotating shift ops role for $6-6.5k kym?

brownkai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As per topic.

Anyone with rotating shift experience? It really drains your health?
Where to apply... 8 hrs I wan... Just need to work almost daily... Cos 3 shift rotating but time very fast end one for 8 hrs shift

CkJie05

Reaction score
Almost a decade back, i did 14 hours shift as a principal and SI.

sibei tough on health. Even the Principals uncle told me not to stay on this kind of work for too long.

good engineering learning experience though

tank_t

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do simi ops?? The $$ not bad. I like ops job cos once off shift can relax liao. No need to follow up anything.

claypot_king

Banned
Reaction score
Almost a decade back, i did 14 hours shift as a principal and SI.

sibei tough on health. Even the Principals uncle told me not to stay on this kind of work for too long.

good engineering learning experience though
Any shift more than 12hours can report liaoh..

Spirax

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even perm night shift also xiong. Confirm got some day time where u can’t sleep or want to play.
Yes, difficult also, off day, sleep pattern also change, most young pretty lady become haggard after 2yrs

Philipkee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As per topic.

Anyone with rotating shift experience? It really drains your health?
I just tell you. It is NEVER 8 hour rotating shift.

Cos if you rotate, you need to handover. So you have to stay back or come early. If there is over lapping time, its means one shift will be longer - usually night shift.

Example
12 hr shift 8-8. You can start at 8am but by the time you handover, you leave only at 830 pm. If you come earlier to check stuff, you are working from 0730am to 8pm.

Same if it's 8 hr shift.

Plus how do they schedule the timing? Even if its so good no need to hand over.

7-3, 3-11, 11-7
You will be going to work and off work at odd hours and there is a chance that one day you are 3-11, next day you are 7-3. Little rest.

Maybe it's not 7-3. But what's the option? 6-2? You could to work damn early. 8-4? Means afternoon shift you go off at midnight (transportation costs).

So shift is taxing. Good allowance. Can have off on off peak periods. But it's still taxing.

MrHealth&Fitness

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw, last time I previously worked in a role that was late afternoon shift all the way. 4pm - 1am.

By the time I settled down after coming home, it would be almost 2.15-2.30am.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.