900 SGD for the 2015 MBP 15 Inch 16GB or M1 Macbook Air?

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for the M1 MBA for a less painless experience. Longer MacOS support and hardware support with AppleCare.

With the mid-2015 MBP, you’ll have to consider the condition of its SSD storage and battery. May have to replace one or both components. More $$ on top of purchase price.

FWIW, I‘m still using a mid-2012 rMBP as a secondary computer. And had the SSD, battery and Airport card replaced. Running on a patched Big Sur 11.4. Crossing fingers that I’m going to be able to install a patched Monterey.

juat got a second hand MBA M1 @ 1.1k damn this thing is crazy fast and battery efficient man. For my use case, I should do fine with the base model.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
juat got a second hand MBA M1 @ 1.1k damn this thing is crazy fast and battery efficient man. For my use case, I should do fine with the base model.
Great decision, you won’t go wrong with the M1!(y)

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Monterey may be the last OS to support 2015. My 2013 no longer supported and I need to buy a new Mac. No need to think I’m getting the M1 MacBook Pro

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
rather spend the extra 200-300 get a new MBA. 2nd hand u will never know what the previous owner do to it.
I also at first thought of buying a refurbished M1 MBP but end up I decided not to.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.