Advice needed - Mercedes GLA

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, I also disappointed with many jippun car design in the recent years. They really lack of the wow factor. Same old boring design and I sure one day they will go out of the market.
Well coming from a BnB vios, to a Mazda3, it was a superb improvement in terms of taste, class and features. Right now, honestly, changing to CX-5 nothing is going to 'wow' me already, just probably the 10 year COE.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well coming from a BnB vios, to a Mazda3, it was a superb improvement in terms of taste, class and features. Right now, honestly, changing to CX-5 nothing is going to 'wow' me already, just probably the 10 year COE.
Conti against japan. Japan nothing to wow.

Seat and skoda seems like something good if japan is too mainstream. Price point also competitive. Skoda inside very plush and nice. Seat i havent see it yet

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Seat and skoda seems like something good if japan is too mainstream. Price point also competitive. Skoda inside very plush and nice. Seat i havent see it yet

talk to any car dealer they will tell you stay away from all these brand like Skoda , Seat, Peugeot, Citroen unless you prepare to drive until COE expire then get the scrap value.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They can provide but when it happens will they honour?

😂 when come to “say do”, I certainly have more faith on agent over PI, don’t get me wrong as I purchased some jippun car before from Pi in the past, but when come to conti I rather pay more for the agent car.

CnC provides a clearly defined list of what’s cover under the 10 year engine warranty black and white. You think they can siam? All in the sales agreement.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
😂 when come to “say do”, I certainly have more faith on agent over PI, don’t get me wrong as I purchased some jippun car before from Pi in the past, but when come to conti I rather pay more for the agent car.

CnC provides a clearly defined list of what’s cover under the 10 year engine warranty black and white. You think they can siam? All in the sales agreement.
Is really just engine. I rarely hear people engine die unless you screw it up never do servicing etc. Usually is other issues and c&c also dare not have longer warranty. Only 3 years. If mercs so reliable, why 3 and not 5?

For peeps like yourself having the mentality of peace of mind because is conti. Ask yourself this, after 3 years will you still go back to C&C? Are you willing to absorb the high c&c repair costs? If not, does buying from C&C really matters? If yes, why settle for A since you have large budget? 😏

Really is anyone's game. I buy from PI because my time C&C gave me crap on not having a rear blower because aircon is strong enough together with the long waiting time.

Facebook GLB club many asking will void warranty installing rear air blower really is laugh die me. They listened to the stink from c&c agents now they are made to suffer in our sahara weather.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is really just engine. I rarely hear people engine die unless you screw it up. Usually is other issues and c&c also dare not have longer warranty. Only 3 years. If mercs so reliable, why 3 and not 5?

For peeps like yourself having the mentality of peace of mind because is conti. Ask yourself this, after 3 years will you still go back to C&C? Are you willing to absorb the high c&c repair costs? If not, does buying from C&C really matters?

they give $3,000 service credit, which I doubt anyone will use up within first 3 years as the service interval is almost a year.

so I expect the $3,000 service credit will last at least 5 years base on $600 per service average.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they give $3,000 service credit, which I doubt anyone will use up within first 3 years as the service interval is almost a year.

so I expect the $3,000 service credit will last at least 5 years base on $600 per service average.
The 3000... you still new. You will know soon. Not as how you expected. 2nd and 3rd year you have more to change. Unless your mileage really little then the comparison is not accurate

Hopefully your mileage with them is positive.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

These are two brands I'm not considering either. Contis are nice, but too troublesome for me.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These are two brands I'm not considering either. Contis are nice, but too troublesome for me.
Nothing for you to compare then. Mazda too boring for me. Sat in colleague m6 he also said cannot fight with Mercedes.

Different league of rides serve different kind of people. No right or wrong.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing for you to compare then. Mazda too boring for me. Sat in colleague m6 he also said cannot fight with Mercedes.

Different league of rides serve different kind of people. No right or wrong.
If I'm the buyer of course I won't compare since they were never in my list of considerations. Mazda6 vs the A200, I would also take the Mazda6 for the price. Why pay another $40K more for the things inside? But to each their own. Contis are just cars that are priced higher with more electronics, but how many of the electronics do we really use at the end of the day is a ? also.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I'm the buyer of course I won't compare since they were never in my list of considerations. Mazda6 vs the A200, I would also take the Mazda6 for the price. Why pay another $40K more for the things inside? But to each their own. Contis are just cars that are priced higher with more electronics, but how many of the electronics do we really use at the end of the day is a ? also.

for me is not so much the electronic, is the complete driving experience.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me is not so much the electronic, is the complete driving experience.
Driving experience I would probably just keep with my Maz3 honestly. I'm completely satisfied with it, the new car will be easier for my aged parents to get in and out. My sis is driving CR-V, my other sis is driving Harrier and my parents always comment mine is 'low'.

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
not considering sorento?

seems it might fit in within the price range, it's not Conti, not as boring as Japanese cars and has 10 yr engine warranty from AD

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not considering sorento?

seems it might fit in within the price range, it's not Conti, not as boring as Japanese cars and has 10 yr engine warranty from AD

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Actually no, don't like the car. I'm quite picky. With the Cx-5 I'm pretty clear what I'm getting and my mind already kinda fixed. Have already added accessories to cart. Now looking for rims. If can day 1 do up my camera and rims, will be good.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u like saying death due to vaccination will have 250k compensated
but doctor put cause of death : cardiac arrest ....so how?

agreement are made to be broken .......unless a rich n powerful up against another haha

enjoy ur ride~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The entire driving experience is different. 40k is not just inside but you can always use that as a rationale to stay away. No fault. Difficult to explain to others who have never experience before.

Enjoy your mazda zoom-zoom.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The entire driving experience is different. 40k is not just inside but you can always use that as a rationale to stay away. No fault. Difficult to explain to others who have never experience before.

Enjoy your mazda zoom-zoom.
There's no driving experience per se. I've driven BMWs and Merc before, honestly, nothing to wow, but if you tell me S Klass or 7 series or M7, yes, there will be a lot of difference in driving experience.

I don't know what aspect of driving experience you're referring to though, mood lights? HU playing MTV videos from carplay while driving? Feeling good 'cos it's a conti? Nobody will cut your lane? LOL... I fail to see 'driving experience' as a push factor to spend more to get one just because I can. 2L 3L, feels good, damn shiok but still need to stop at traffic lights.

I will enjoy the zoom zoom not because it's cheap but because it's another 10 years COE and hopefully this time my parents will find it more comfortable over a sedan getting in and out.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's no driving experience per se. I've driven BMWs and Merc before, honestly, nothing to wow, but if you tell me S Klass or 7 series or M7, yes, there will be a lot of difference in driving experience.

I don't know what aspect of driving experience you're referring to though, mood lights? HU playing MTV videos from carplay while driving? Feeling good 'cos it's a conti? Nobody will cut your lane? LOL... I fail to see 'driving experience' as a push factor to spend more to get one just because I can. 2L 3L, feels good, damn shiok but still need to stop at traffic lights.

I will enjoy the zoom zoom not because it's cheap but because it's another 10 years COE and hopefully this time my parents will find it more comfortable over a sedan getting in and out.
i knew you will said the first sentence. I also driven ferrari and lambo before. Nothing to wow, you are right, quite similar to Mazda bnb car.Very powerful.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.