Advice needed - Mercedes GLA

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A6 longer or c class?
i have always admire benz. Never touch the brand before. I came from f10 to a6. Now thinking to try gla, c class or maybe stick to audi n go for q3 sportsback.
E class from 2018 onwards looks ok overall but never driven one before, cant comment.
520 & 523 is very refine. But sick of bm due to oil leak n mechtronic issues

surprised to read the f10 oil leak. I finished 130,000 on my F10 after coe expired without a single major problem, only need to pay for regular maintenance once a year. I tot f10 is one of the best in bm history so far. Before that my 3 series was not as reliable.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you looking for suv? you drove f10 and a6 should be looking for glc at least unless you looking to downgrade.

c class has the new model coming like the mini s class doesn’t come for glc though

depends what you looking for i guess

i was looking at GLC but find the design outdated. It has been around too long already coming to the end of the life cycle. so a new model is in the pipeline and if you buy now sure will regret in the next 1-2 year.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you looking for suv? you drove f10 and a6 should be looking for glc at least unless you looking to downgrade.

c class has the new model coming like the mini s class doesn’t come for glc though

depends what you looking for i guess
Have thoughts of SUV since so far only driven sedan and hatchback.
The new GLA doesn't look appealing to me on the exterior, the old one looks not bad though the interior abit dated.
But Q3 sportsback looks good though.
Now getting old already, looking for comfort and cruising only.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have thoughts of SUV since so far only driven sedan and hatchback.
The new GLA doesn't look appealing to me on the exterior, the old one looks not bad though the interior abit dated.
But Q3 sportsback looks good though.
Now getting old already, looking for comfort and cruising only.
Get Q5. Q3 a bit small.

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
A6 longer or c class?
i have always admire benz. Never touch the brand before. I came from f10 to a6. Now thinking to try gla, c class or maybe stick to audi n go for q3 sportsback.
E class from 2018 onwards looks ok overall but never driven one before, cant comment.
520 & 523 is very refine. But sick of bm due to oil leak n mechtronic issues

tomorrow my Q3 Sportback 4 weeks. 1400km driven.

came from Q2. Q3 Sportback heavy car. but trusted engine and gearbox. ancient.

now all moving to new 1.5L turbo seen in Octavia, Golf, A3, new Kodiaq....

depends you want new tech or old tech...

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
surprised to read the f10 oil leak. I finished 130,000 on my F10 after coe expired without a single major problem, only need to pay for regular maintenance once a year. I tot f10 is one of the best in bm history so far. Before that my 3 series was not as reliable.
Some get some drive till 10 yo no get then move on to renew it. Just like the VW GB saga..

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
tomorrow my Q3 Sportback 4 weeks. 1400km driven.

came from Q2. Q3 Sportback heavy car. but trusted engine and gearbox. ancient.

now all moving to new 1.5L turbo seen in Octavia, Golf, A3, new Kodiaq....

depends you want new tech or old tech...
Any review on Q3 sportback?
Problem wise still not encounter due to new car, but i heard the driver side door need to slam very hard to close?
Slow pick up due to 1.4? But it's fine to me though....
I've seen the A3 sedan, the latest one, my SA offered me 126k last month... but i rejected.

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
Any review on Q3 sportback?
Problem wise still not encounter due to new car, but i heard the driver side door need to slam very hard to close?
Slow pick up due to 1.4? But it's fine to me though....
I've seen the A3 sedan, the latest one, my SA offered me 126k last month... but i rejected.
I like it. wonderful upgrade from the Q2. Q2 really entry-level.

i do feel it is slow. haven't tried dynamic mode.

yes need to slam door hard. a few times closed but actually still not fully closed.

New A6 got soft-closing......

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me too i just got my q3, i think “it’s a great car at this price, space and comfort is my priority.

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everyone who purchase a car before knows listed price can’t be trusted especially audi

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea i got that 149 deal sold my v177 got back the deposit i initially paid for placed onto the new car with a slightly lower interest (30 bucks cheaper per month)

only thing is i spent near 10k on aftermarket stuff on rims/tyres/speakers which the default one really chui

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.