[ADVISE]: Part-Time Diploma In Infocomm & Digital Media in NYP

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
part time IT only got 2 course in diff poly
one is programming another is networking..
no more liao limited choice.

Heard my lecture say every year not much in-take so class nv open.
hope this year got many student

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
I hope the NYP part time IT course will be open as it is the only IT course part time I am interested in...

My full time dream diploma course is Diploma In Network Systems & Security in Ngee Ann Poly....most properly will never get a chance to go to this course anymore...

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
cannot jump to part time degree mah ?

Nowadays private degree courses even O levels can start studying by doing a fast track diploma or bridging course to a degree so it is possible.

But I am those old school guys where I still dream of getting a local uni degree via the government official route.

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm from Oct 2011 intake (Pioneer batch) and now just finish this course and had conferred the diploma from NYP.

Just a head up for what to expect from the course, those from higher nitec in IT will feel like a refresher course for the CCNA but towards the end, which is the last module of CCNA, it's will not be as easy as higher nitec ones, it is much harder and more in depth so prepare yourself. There will be lots of vlsm calculation, the project mostly will be on setting up a new company and ask you to design, implement how the network going to be. As for system administration, there will be 2 kinds of operating system, namely Red Hat enterprise and Microsoft Servers

Red Hat also not so simple Hor, much more in depth, after the open system administration, you can go take the rhca exam Liao...lol

There are 3 kind of new subject which those in IT never come across ones are green computing, cloud computing and virtualization. Those got experience in VMs will be good, and the most boring and dry subject is the project management, almost doze off

To me the hardest is the programming essential, using red hat to do programming (OMG) almost fail this one but manage to get a C lah

Just an advice, if can please dun group all the elites together as a group, please spread out and help fellow classmates, which happens that the other group, all the elites group up as 1 and get the highest score but overall the class very low passing rate as compare to our group which we spread out as 1 or 2 elites taking each group and we have the overall highest passing rate than the other group, studying is to gain more knowledge and also at the same time by helping others, you also learning.

So any question can ask me;)

Will attend the graduation ba...lol

Last edited:

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
More to add

If you are a system admin, the enterprise administration module u should try to get distinction, of cos same goes those doing networks, cos this is really the time to score

Overall, it really up to you if you are really into infrastructure, cos this course is about IT Infrastructures

:D

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm from Oct 2011 intake (Pioneer batch) and now just finish this course and had conferred the diploma from NYP.

Just a head up for what to expect from the course, those from higher nitec in IT will feel like a refresher course for the CCNA but towards the end, which is the last module of CCNA, it's will not be as easy as higher nitec ones, it is much harder and more in depth so prepare yourself. There will be lots of vlsm calculation, the project mostly will be on setting up a new company and ask you to design, implement how the network going to be. As for system administration, there will be 2 kinds of operating system, namely Red Hat enterprise and Microsoft Servers

Red Hat also not so simple Hor, much more in depth, after the open system administration, you can go take the rhca exam Liao...lol

There are 3 kind of new subject which those in IT never come across ones are green computing, cloud computing and virtualization. Those got experience in VMs will be good, and the most boring and dry subject is the project management, almost doze off

To me the hardest is the programming essential, using red hat to do programming (OMG) almost fail this one but manage to get a C lah

Just an advice, if can please dun group all the elites together as a group, please spread out and help fellow classmates, which happens that the other group, all the elites group up as 1 and get the highest score but overall the class very low passing rate as compare to our group which we spread out as 1 or 2 elites taking each group and we have the overall highest passing rate than the other group, studying is to gain more knowledge and also at the same time by helping others, you also learning.

Excellent! I will be asking a lot of questions once it is started :) It will be great if we can exchange our phone number or whatsapp so it will be much easier...:):D

losthope00

Master Member
Reaction score
lolz
I am also Pioneer batch and going to take my cert next month.
problem now is, which good uni accept our cert?
I only know UniSim.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek: omg. it dont look good for me.. i dont know what is network sia :(

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
part time got many ppl take those course one ah?????

spacemarine

Reaction score

Sweet, please give some pointers for us 2nd batch on the next academic path! Following behind next year....

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
lolz
I am also Pioneer batch and going to take my cert next month.
problem now is, which good uni accept our cert?
I only know UniSim.

Hi,

I will also be in touch with you soon...Going to study the part time diploma too.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
haha
i did learn CCNA1 or 3 during part time study in ITE but than i was like did not get much knowledge on the networking.. my lecture was like ask us to follow the cisco online.. but i dont like that way of studying as follow doesnt mean u r learning le.

Long long ago, when I start to learn CCNA Networking is ....

C:\> ping IP :s8: IP :s8: IP

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
haha
i did learn CCNA1 or 3 during part time study in ITE but than i was like did not get much knowledge on the networking.. my lecture was like ask us to follow the cisco online.. but i dont like that way of studying as follow doesnt mean u r learning le.

Huh? You mean you only learn CCNA 1 & 3 thru the CISCO e-learning? Not part of the lecture/lesson of your core modules in ITE?

Although I have to complete the CISCO e-learning online but my course does has a lecturer that teaches CCNA in the class too and with practical lessons (using packet tracer) and some times actual network equipment as well in class, then I will have class tests/exam and practical/phase tests too.

So part time only e-learning? No class or phase tests?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
In order to take part time.. Must work in IT line a not? Because is one of their Requirement..

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
packet tracer is part of Cisco ccna . I did study but don't understand as is a six month modules.. Packet tracer is a step by step guide. If you did not study just follow, don't really understand detail lo. Personally I think my lecture is not good.

Huh? You mean you only learn CCNA 1 & 3 thru the CISCO e-learning? Not part of the lecture/lesson of your core modules in ITE?

Although I have to complete the CISCO e-learning online but my course does has a lecturer that teaches CCNA in the class too and with practical lessons (using packet tracer) and some times actual network equipment as well in class, then I will have class tests/exam and practical/phase tests too.

So part time only e-learning? No class or phase tests?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.