3 times a week

my 1st sem is Tue, Wed and Friday
2nd sem is Mon, Wed and Friday
3rd same as 2nd sem
4th same as 3rd sem
last sem abit special, Mon, Tue and Wed

Hope it help, this one is my last time timing

Thanks.
Lecturer says got two classes for the Diploma, so there will sure be an overlap on the days where both classes will be together?

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Sorry to dig out an old thread.

Just want to share that those who has enrolled to the classes for Monday, Wednesday and Friday (IN1401) will start at 6:45pm.

Due to some administration procedures, we are to report at 6:30pm at NYP Block L level 5 Lab 531.

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Not yet 35 Haiz.. Study poly where got cheap

If you are working already and are above 35 years of age (not sure about the age limit) and earn lesser than $1900 a month, you can apply for WTS from government and pay only $200+ per sem...:)

:D:s13:

I was told it is 3 times a week, but I have not received which 3 days the lessons will be.

Dateline for enrollment is today 17:30 hours, for those who has not enroll yet. Verification of original educational documents are needed for the submission of the enrollment documents.

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Not yet 35 Haiz.. Study poly where got cheap

Agree it's true unfortunately. If not, I'll will not have to withdraw from my Dream course a few years ago...haha

If not I have a family to feed, I'll be almost year 3 soon.

That's reality for me at least...sigh..

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Lecturer says got two classes for the Diploma, so there will sure be an overlap on the days where both classes will be together?

Not really both class conduct together.

Should be Group 1 and Group 2, where both groups may or may not be in the same day.

Both groups are in the same course but different lecturer.

There are a few good and helpful lecturer.
1 good example is Mr B.P Yeo. Hope you are in his class, of cos there will be some arrogance ones. Just need to play your cards right, 见人说人话, 见鬼说鬼话.

Who say school no have office politic:mad::mad:

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Not really both class conduct together.

Should be Group 1 and Group 2, where both groups may or may not be in the same day.

Both groups are in the same course but different lecturer.

There are a few good and helpful lecturer.
1 good example is Mr B.P Yeo. Hope you are in his class, of cos there will be some arrogance ones. Just need to play your cards right, 见人说人话, 见鬼说鬼话.

Who say school no have office politic:mad::mad:

Oh I see....
My class no lecturer Mr. B.P. Yeo yet....:(

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi is you guys same as me? few week later is common test? so fast? I was like learning nothing as every things is too new to me. if I fail this two module I will not continue. can't catch anything.

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
hi is you guys same as me? few week later is common test? so fast? I was like learning nothing as every things is too new to me. if I fail this two module I will not continue. can't catch anything.

Yes, it's very common, but the test is ok one, not hard.

If you constant pass the common test, end of the module paper needs very few marks to pass, so in a way, cannot fail one unless you didn't do or keep failing the common test

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Huh! like that part time more hard le. we study 3 day , one session 3hour for 3 different subject.

Yes, it's very common, but the test is ok one, not hard.

If you constant pass the common test, end of the module paper needs very few marks to pass, so in a way, cannot fail one unless you didn't do or keep failing the common test

Last edited:

melvinchen

Master Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, for FULL-TIME DIPLOMA, it will be based on if you are an ex-Poly student or not, vacant slots for the course you are applying and lastly, your results. So chances of applying and getting in for a ex-Poly student is slim for those popular IT courses and even those IT courses that are COP (Cut-Of-Point) of 24 and above since you will only be consider after everyone who has not studied in Poly before that meet the minimum entry requirements before Poly will consider your application.

As for PART-TIME DIPLOMA, no such restrictions as the diploma is designed for working adults or mature students who wants a diploma. You can even sit for their entry tests (if needed) if you do not meet their minimum entry requirements. But will be subject to vacant slots availablity.

I have been trying without success to apply for NYP Diploma in Engineering Infomatics (COP is around 23 this year) with my Higher NITEC cert of GPA 4 with COM but I was not offered a place. On the other hand, SP offered me the Diploma In Computer Engineering (my 2nd or 3rd choice when I apply thru DAE) but I have to work to earn a living now so I cannot study for FULL TIME unless I get a offer from NP Diploma In Network Systems & Security, my number 1 choice.

So the results are mixed so there is still hope if I keep on trying again and again and again till I cannot try anymore.

As for course fees, there is the WTS to enable those who quailty to pay only $200 w/o GST and other misc. fees from Poly for each module/sem but if apply as just a Singaporean without any funding will be around $800 per sem. PR will be slightly more.

Yup I do not have O levels, perhaps not even N level (NA) and I applied for this course with my relevant work experience, unrecognized informatics diploma in IT and VMware VCP. I was offered an entry test and I passed the entry test and was eventually accepted by NYP.

I'm glade I made the right decision to attend this part time diploma course, the modules offered are mapped to industry certifications and IT skill sets that are in demand which includes networks, Linux system administration, virtualization, cloud and many more. With the exception of VMware modules you can take the certification test without going certification training courses.

VMware policy requires candidates to attend the certification training courses at authorized training centers. These course usually cost around 3.5k - 3.6k and IDA has removed VMware vSphere (Install, Configure, Manage) from 2014 - 2015 CITREP program.

melvinchen

Master Member
Reaction score
1 sem= 6mths?
so ex? $888? no subsidy?

It's already subsidized and you will also be given a dream spark account which allows you to download Microsoft products for free for example Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012R2 and many more.

melvinchen

Master Member
Reaction score
Check liao leh, no IT related course leh, unless you want to change line from IT to:

1) Mechanical Eng
2) Chemical Eng
3) Electronic Eng
4) Industrial & Management (Dun koe whats that)

Its $17k, no have that much money anyway, unless someone or company going to support you.

Electronics Engineering is the closest IT the rest are completely not relevant.

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
Huh! like that part time more hard le. we study 3 day , one session 3hour for 3 different subject.

Can one lah bro, needs to bite the bullets and time pass very fast, 2.5 years is very short for part timers, and even shorter than those full time students leh....

once you finish the whole course, you will miss them...

like me now, now no more looking forward to something...haiz

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score

You in the same class as mine? Good! What's your name? PM me so we can touch base and get to know each other :)

I have not really talked to most of my classmates except for a few in front or besides me because there is hardly much time for small talk.

bess_lin

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a 31 year old female who is interested in taking this course next year. I have worked in the IT industry as a sales support assistant to my sales teams for abt 1 yr 7 mths. I want to further upgrade myself so I can assist my sale team more. Was wondering if this course will be too difficult for an IT newbie like me?

intime

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a 31 year old female who is interested in taking this course next year. I have worked in the IT industry as a sales support assistant to my sales teams for abt 1 yr 7 mths. I want to further upgrade myself so I can assist my sale team more. Was wondering if this course will be too difficult for an IT newbie like me?

In my opinion, as long as you meet the entry requirement and have the drive to study the course. You will be alright.

But if you are a little less in the confidence side, you may wish to consider a lower level course. Namely, ITE Nitec or Higher Nitec course. Then you move up from there. :)

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score

Some sales technical engineers selling IT products has in-depth knowledge of their products they sell. I have worked in a project team where part of my team is called "pre-sales" where they propose IT solutions to customers. They are knowledgable so if you work in these teams besides printing sales or DOs, you would have learn quite a deal of those products.

Then this course will help in ways like gaining networking and systems administration knowledge to add to what you have learned.

If not and you can go for poly's NICF IT courses (found in Singapore Poly) which provides very good foundation for a newbie. I learned my networking there. They conduct a lot of short courses like web application, programming or linux administration, etc. Still heavily subsidies by government so can start there.

Study part time diploma does not requires excellent ITE or O levels results but have some experience in these subjects they are going to teach is more important.

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup I do not have O levels, perhaps not even N level (NA) and I applied for this course with my relevant work experience, unrecognized informatics diploma in IT and VMware VCP. I was offered an entry test and I passed the entry test and was eventually accepted by NYP.

I'm glade I made the right decision to attend this part time diploma course, the modules offered are mapped to industry certifications and IT skill sets that are in demand which includes networks, Linux system administration, virtualization, cloud and many more. With the exception of VMware modules you can take the certification test without going certification training courses.

VMware policy requires candidates to attend the certification training courses at authorized training centers. These course usually cost around 3.5k - 3.6k and IDA has removed VMware vSphere (Install, Configure, Manage) from 2014 - 2015 CITREP program.

wah salute u it guru. not bad command of eng for some1 who doesn't hav o's or n's.

bess_lin

Reaction score
Thanks all for your valuable opinions. I think I will go for NYP Open House next year Jan and see if I can enroll for this course with my qualifications and work experience.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.