After DMP....

shy3r

Reaction score
Cool, Amex staff called me to ask me for feedback about the application process and the whole period from application to approval. 😀

Amex seem much customer service oriented than other banks… 👏

LilyOfTheValley

Reaction score
Hi ryanrundgren87,

If you would like to submit an appeal on the application, do drop us a PM with your contact number, thank you.

^XF
Hi OCBC, I just received a letter stating that my cc application was not approved. My credit rating is gx and my income is way above the required. How can I submit an appeal? Really looking to improve my credit score..

shy3r

Reaction score
Hi OCBC, I just received a letter stating that my cc application was not approved. My credit rating is gx and my income is way above the required. How can I submit an appeal? Really looking to improve my credit score..
Are u previously under DMP? Have u clear your DMP? Do u still have outstanding with banks? Have you purchase or download your own CBS credit report to take a look? is the DMP status still on your report? If yes, banks will auto reject your application. U need to get CCS to remove the DMP Status.

Do you still have any banks indication on the “Default column”? if yes, it will take 3 years to auto erase. Most banks saw this will auto reject application as well.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

All applications will be subject to review and approval.
Please drop us a PM with your mobile number, if you would like to check on appealing.

^DG

LilyOfTheValley

Reaction score
Hi,

All applications will be subject to review and approval.
Please drop us a PM with your mobile number, if you would like to check on appealing.

^DG
Hi OCBC,

I'm new here and my privileges are limited as such i am unable to drop you a message...

LilyOfTheValley

Reaction score
Are u previously under DMP? Have u clear your DMP? Do u still have outstanding with banks? Have you purchase or download your own CBS credit report to take a look? is the DMP status still on your report? If yes, banks will auto reject your application. U need to get CCS to remove the DMP Status.

Do you still have any banks indication on the “Default column”? if yes, it will take 3 years to auto erase. Most banks saw this will auto reject application as well

Hi there,

Yes i have spoken to CBS and they have removed my DMP status. Ive already been debt free for 8 years but recently i went to OCBC to check why i was still unable to apply for a credit card and was informed that the amount quoted to me when i was settling my debt in 2013 was wrong and it should have been a different amount instead. Hence the "default" which i just paid in full within a week after discovering this. The person from OCBC's Collections department even told me that this mistake is frequently made as the counter staff do not know the exact figure. I feel that 8 years of me being debt free just went to waste.

shy3r

Reaction score
Hi there,

Yes i have spoken to CBS and they have removed my DMP status. Ive already been debt free for 8 years but recently i went to OCBC to check why i was still unable to apply for a credit card and was informed that the amount quoted to me when i was settling my debt in 2013 was wrong and it should have been a different amount instead. Hence the "default" which i just paid in full within a week after discovering this. The person from OCBC's Collections department even told me that this mistake is frequently made as the counter staff do not know the exact figure. I feel that 8 years of me being debt free just went to waste.
I suppose removal of DMP status is by CCS’ instruction to CBS?
I dont think It matters how much is the amount u owe previously. If u have fully settled or negotiated settled, the record should go off after 3 years in your default column.
If you have 0 default records now, and earning more than $30k… i dont see any reason why they reject your application. Have u try other banks? Each banks have different criteria.

have u check on your Experian report as well? I know UOB or Diners use both CBS and Experian to check…

fyi, Diners did update my settlement in CBS, but did not update in Experian. So my CBS report shows no outstanding, but Experian shows I still owe Diners $.

LilyOfTheValley

Reaction score
I suppose removal of DMP status is by CCS’ instruction to CBS?
I dont think It matters how much is the amount u owe previously. If u have fully settled or negotiated settled, the record should go off after 3 years in your default column.
If you have 0 default records now, and earning more than $30k… i dont see any reason why they reject your application. Have u try other banks? Each banks have different criteria.

have u check on your Experian report as well? I know UOB or Diners use both CBS and Experian to check…

fyi, Diners did update my settlement in CBS, but did not update in Experian. So my CBS report shows no outstanding, but Experian shows I still owe Diners $.

This is the first time I'm hearing of Experian..Thank you for this info. I am not sure why it keeps getting rejected but it is frustrating. i have tried UOB, Diners, OCBC and DBS all of which have been rejected so far. Not sure if i should try another bank. Any recommendations for me to apply for? I'm also worried that if i try applying for too many it will look bad on me. Also, what is your credit score now? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for a Gx like me? I am afraid that this will be a problem when i want to apply for a home loan next year.. :(

shy3r

Reaction score
This is the first time I'm hearing of Experian..Thank you for this info. I am not sure why it keeps getting rejected but it is frustrating. i have tried UOB, Diners, OCBC and DBS all of which have been rejected so far. Not sure if i should try another bank. Any recommendations for me to apply for? I'm also worried that if i try applying for too many it will look bad on me. Also, what is your credit score now? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for a Gx like me? I am afraid that this will be a problem when i want to apply for a home loan next year.. :(
Try Amex. They are more lenient in some ways. I applied CIMB, Maybank, Diners and Amex. All rejected and I appealed. Only Amex approve me. But I choose the lowest card subscription at $53.50/year and lowest credit limit and purchase Chubb’s bill protector at $13/mth.

LilyOfTheValley

Reaction score
Try Amex. They are more lenient in some ways. I applied CIMB, Maybank, Diners and Amex. All rejected and I appealed. Only Amex approve me. But I choose the lowest card subscription at $53.50/year and lowest credit limit and purchase Chubb’s bill protector at $13/mth.

okay i will try this. Thank you for the great advice!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.