AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

randomA

Reaction score
Said it was over voltaged... perhaps lightning? Fixed it quickly and I’ve gotten it back. No cost as it’s under warranty. Better buy a surge protector.
how does this even happen to a laptop??
lightning even?

KirinXHell

Reaction score
Haha same problem with temperature on my 15r. Bought a powerful machine and then have to underclock it, defeat purpose..Lol
Totally, quite idiotic to lock fan speed when it is a laptop and default temp can cook an egg

KirinXHell

Reaction score
Currently now have issue with the PSU whirling/buzzing sound & black screen no display without error code while gaming for my desktop from aftershock too.

I7-10700KF
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X Rev1
Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming X 8G
Klevv 8GB x 2 DDR4-3600MHz
FSP Hyper Pro 650W

pylpoh

Reaction score
Is aftershock laptop a reliable buy? I'm planning to get one...but the general impression is bad customer service and short lifespan.

Reibunn

Reaction score
My Aftershock S-15 (i7 7700HQ, GTX1060) is still going good, after 4-5 years. They still accept my laptop for general maintenance.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My aftershock titan still running strong, 4th Gen i7 4910MQ, 980M GTX SLI. But hands itchy to get another desktop replacement laptop. :LOL:

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
Was considering between Apex 15X $2545 (i7 10870, RTX 3060, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD) and Alienware M15 R4 $3649 (i7 10870, RTX3060, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD) to replace my 5 yr old Razer Blade 15.

If taking AS, is it better to upgrade to the 3 yrs parts warranty?

My razer serve me well over 5 yrs, just that the battery became bloated on the 2nd yr.

Is it recommended to top up to get the Alienware?

Thanks alot.

phrozact

Reaction score
Was considering between Apex 15X $2545 (i7 10870, RTX 3060, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD) and Alienware M15 R4 $3649 (i7 10870, RTX3060, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD) to replace my 5 yr old Razer Blade 15.

If taking AS, is it better to upgrade to the 3 yrs parts warranty?

My razer serve me well over 5 yrs, just that the battery became bloated on the 2nd yr.

Is it recommended to top up to get the Alienware?
If you plan to hang on to your laptop for 3 years, then I think it's worthwhile to get the extended warranty.

Currently using an Aftershock Apex 15X purchased last year and extended my warranty and also opted for onsite pickup and return, which has already saved me once.

Don't think the premium on the Dell is worth it, and I don't have a good impression of their customer service. If you're looking for an alternative brand, maybe can consider the Lenovo Legion 5 Pro, the price seems comparable to the Apex 15X series, though I have no experience with Lenovo's customer service either.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still using a June 2014 AS XG15V3 daily.
I7-4710MQ, 24GB ram, GTX860M 2GB

Sent it in last year for general cleaning. Daily temps can hit up to 98degrees, but hack it...its old.

Tectrica

Reaction score
I am using Apex 15 Lite and temperature goes to 95 when gaming.
Heard about using Throttlestop but the gaming center that comes with the laptop, do I need to uninstall it as i think it probably might also meddle with the CPU seeing the different profile it has actually change my cpu speed. But it also enable the OSD, i.e showing caps lock, num lock.
Anyone got advice if i should do away with gaming center?

Kyo_kusanagi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard about using Throttlestop but the gaming center that comes with the laptop, do I need to uninstall it as i think it probably might also meddle with the CPU seeing the different profile it has actually change my cpu speed. But it also enable the OSD, i.e showing caps lock, num lock.
If you want to better managed the temp better, remove your laptop base cover and use it on a simple laptop stand with cooler/ fan. This will easily bring down 2-5 degrees.

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your laptop CPU/ GPU is hitting 95 degrees under load, I don't recommend using Throttlestop. While it is good for performance, the reason the system throttle is to avoid damaging the components when it hits a certain threshold.

Tucksoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Lunar 15 Max looks nice. No dedicated graphics but a nice big screen thin and light for work.

lunar15%20max%20(white)-min.png

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does AS laptop still come with a detachable battery ? worthy a consideration b'cos battery will die first after a few yrs.
Sorry have not logged in for a while. The slim format of the notebooks made it impossible to have detachable battery. Not on the model I have.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.