小米AIoT路由器 AX3600

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally managed to set up the mesh with 2 prc ax3600 wired mesh mode both using 1.079 firmware my gaming pc in my IT room (behind kitchen utilities room), 2ms 936.24 Mbps download and 889.78 Mbps upload on M1 1Gbps

If wifi 6 enabled like my iPhone 11 Pro, can get 738 mbps. Wifi set as wifi 5 compatibility mode due to my work laptop cannot detect my wifi 5G if I switch to 160 on wifi 6.

Now total 18 devices (including NAS) in the house connecting with wifi and lan. Very satisfy now from living room to both bedrooms to master bedroom toilet and kitchen toilet and IT room all at least 3 out of 4 bars.

Only thing is don’t have USB port so I have to keep my ASUS 1200 router on as AP mode to link up my cannon AIO scanner printer with Asus plug in

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Will getting a Powerline adaptor works for me?

It may have limited use depending on the situation. Mesh node needs to have good connection to the main node, usually that means line of sight.

It may help if you can put the mesh node near to the door area of the bedroom. Or maybe put it in the first bedroom. You have to try and error.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will getting a Powerline adaptor works for me?

Powerline adapter may help a bit but the speed will only be around 100-250Mbps, based on my own experience with the D-Link AV2000 adapters DHP-701AV.

Last edited:

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Having 100-250Mbps is considered very good like for myself which I tried power line before as my back utility room the electrical socket is going through a 2nd circuit breaker in the end the signal strength receiving by the utility room adaptor is always red and sporadic breaks.

Powerline adapter may help a bit but the speed will only be around 100-250Mbps, based on my own experience with the D-Link AV2000 adapters DHP-701AV.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having 100-250Mbps is considered very good like for myself which I tried power line before as my back utility room the electrical socket is going through a 2nd circuit breaker in the end the signal strength receiving by the utility room adaptor is always red and sporadic breaks.

Indeed it will depend on individual household and the speed can vary a lot with Powerline adapters.

For me I have 4 D-Link DHP-P701AV AV2000 adapters bought in 2018 and I used them last time to form the "pseudo Ethernet backhaul" for my TP-Link Deco M4 (4 units) as I do not have LAN ports in the rooms. The speed varies between 150Mbps to 250Mbps in the rooms. If I deploy one unit to the kitchen and that one can only reaches 100Mbps.

After I got the Huawei AX3 Pro early 2020 and Asus RT-AX82U late 2020, I do not use the D-Link Powerline adapters and TP-Link Deco M4 any more as I can get higher wireless speed in the rooms.

D-Link and TP-Link Powerline adapters (especailly AV1000/AV2000) seem to be pretty expensive now (probably considered as niche product now). Last time I got the DHP-P701AV kit (2 units) at S$69 from Challenger. The one without passthrough DHP-701AV kit was at S$59 last time.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone knows how to set the DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 for the Ax3600 China version

tuntun

Reaction score
Hi Where can I download int'l version of firmware for ax3600? any links? Thanks

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Where can I download int'l version of firmware for ax3600? any links? Thanks

Lots of info here, including 3.022 international FW image download.
"Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware - For Developers - OpenWrt Forum" https://forum.openwrt.org/t/xiaomi-ax3600-int-firmware/74276/479

If you have China set, you can always upgrade to international FW, no loss of TX power, and you gain English interface and SingTel VLAN settings (for SingTel ONT users) out of the box.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5071359

But for those who want to tweak, then you need to downgrade to old China FW, enable SSH, change country code to SG, and then update to international FW.

Last edited:

alanlimct

Reaction score
Anybody know how to setup mihome app with this router? Though it will work out of the box as both belong to xiaomi.

I cannot connect my yeelight to mihome app after I change to this router. My old asus router work without any problem.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how to setup mihome app with this router? Though it will work out of the box as both belong to xiaomi.

I cannot connect my yeelight to mihome app after I change to this router. My old asus router work without any problem.

Try to enable WiFi 5 compatibility in AX3600 to see if that helps or not. You may also try to update the FW of your Yeelight.

BTW, Yeelight does not belong to Xiaomi, rather it is a Xiaomi ecosystem partner.

alanlimct

Reaction score
Already try all that but still doesn't work. Previously was working in my Asus router.
Now using yeelight app and it work. Don't know why mihome can't work although yeelight is listed inside the app.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually no point to buy at such high price for the global set.

It has lower TX power than the China set. You can flash China FW to get higher TX power but then you lose the built-in vlan settings.

So in the end, you may have to get the China set, flash the global firmware.

Or get your hands dirty and enable vlan by yourself.

Still for SingTel ONT users, it may be easier to get Asus RT-AX58U with much better out of the box firmware features.

Saw this last para

Sounds like shd just get asus rt-ax58u for less hassle.

New to singtel ONT VLAN. If i get ax58u is it plug and play?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw this last para

Sounds like shd just get asus rt-ax58u for less hassle.

New to singtel ONT VLAN. If i get ax58u is it plug and play?

SingTel ONT user guide from Asus
https://www.asus.com/sg/support/FAQ/1034975/

Take note new users will get ONR and the above guide does not apply.

For ONR users, no need VLAN and Xiaomi AX3600 is a better buy (configured as AP).

Last edited:

acertey

Reaction score
Hi folks, my Singtel plan is up for renewal.

I was planning to get the AX3600, wanted to run a check did you guys manage to VLan the Mio Voice? I am only using Mio Voice and Internet, not using Mio TV :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.