小米AIoT路由器 AX3600

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a few question.

1. Does this has a Guest Wifi network option? (heard awhile back that this one don't have)
2. Does it have "Parental Control"? (Means can set a schedule to turn on/off wifi for selected devices

I am considering switching to this from my current Asus RT-AC88U because their "Parental Control" sucks big time. Seriously, really disappointed with Asus that they can't get this small little thing resolved.

Anybody uses the "Parental Control" or "Scheduling on/off of wifi on devices" on AX3600?

I want to know how well this is.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Redmi AX3000 review, it is a lower end model compared to Redmi AX6, but higher than Redmi AX5 or Xiaomi AX1800.

blurnard

Reaction score
Hi all..

would u recommend using ax1800 as the main? The Ethernet back haul to ax3600

reason being, the main router will be in the db cupboard

TIA

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, it says the Gigabit LAN speed went passed 1Gbps?

No, that is the throughput from 5GHz wireless to LAN ports (adding all LAN ports together).

They use Huawei P40 Pro (2*2 AX 160MHz, theoretical max speed 2402Mbps) as the 5GHz wireless client, then they have two or more LAN clients to check how fast the wifi can go.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all..

would u recommend using ax1800 as the main? The Ethernet back haul to ax3600

reason being, the main router will be in the db cupboard

TIA
Will the ax3600 be good in the db cupboard? Is it better than ea8100?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, that is the throughput from 5GHz wireless to LAN ports (adding all LAN ports together).

They use Huawei P40 Pro (2*2 AX 160MHz, theoretical max speed 2402Mbps) as the 5GHz wireless client, then they have two or more LAN clients to check how fast the wifi can go.

Oic. Thanks for clarifying.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@xiaofan
, for Xiaomi AX3600 China FW vs Global FW, is it big different in tx power?

I do not have the AX3600 myself but the report here says the difference is significant.

I was deciding among China version of Asus TUF-AX3000, RT-AX82U and Xiaomi AX3600 back in late 2019 (11.11 promotion), in the end I chose the more expensive but safer choice of RT-AX82U.

eBuddy

Reaction score
I am now using Asus RT-AX88U, full bar of 5G signal in every corner of my 4 rm HDB flat. As my home getting more and more of Xiaomi smart appliances, so wish to try out Xiaomi AIoT. Too bad, I am on Singtel 1Gbps plan with ONT, can't use China version as main router. Wish to try out Huawei AX3 local set too.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am now using Asus RT-AX88U, full bar of 5G signal in every corner of my 4 rm HDB flat. As my home getting more and more of Xiaomi smart appliances, so wish to try out Xiaomi AIoT. Too bad, I am on Singtel 1Gbps plan with ONT, can't use China version as main router. Wish to try out Huawei AX3 local set too.

You already have RT-AX88U and I assume it is acting as the main router, in this case, actually you do not want to use Xiaomi AX3600 as the main router, it will be a downgrade from RT-AX88U in terms of wireless spec and FW features.

You can still buy the Xiaomi AX3600 as the secondary router. If your Xiaomi smart appliances are sourced from China, maybe China version of Xiaomi AX3600 will have better compatibility. If your IoT device are from local Xiaomi store, then probably global version will have better compatibility. Set Xiaomi AX3600 as router mode (not AP mode) behind RT-AX88U (Double NAT), I believe your IoT device will still work with Double NAT since they can access the internet.

What is your motivation to try out Huawei AX3 local version (AX3 Quad Core version) other than it is of low cost (S$79 when on promotion)? If you want to buy Huawei IoT device (mostly China version), then you have to buy AX3 China version which is now not worth it because of price increase. Again you do not want to use AX3 Global version as your main router as it is even weaker compared to Xiaomi AX3600 Global version in almost every aspect.

Last edited:

eBuddy

Reaction score
For Huawei AX3, wish to replace aged EA8100 for my sis (M1 1gbps plan). She looking for a basic WiFi 6 router which I think AX3 suit her need. Thanks xiaofan for your input and sharing of info.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Huawei AX3, wish to replace aged EA8100 for my sis (M1 1gbps plan). She looking for a basic WiFi 6 router which I think AX3 suit her need. Thanks xiaofan for your input and sharing of info.

I see. In that case, Huawei AX3 Global version can be a good low cost upgrade if she has some AX devices. She can still keep the EA8100 as an AP (if got LAN port in the rooms) or wireless media bridge.

blurnard

Reaction score
any special setting? I'm getting like 4xx only.. I'm using Poco F1.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
My current settings for the 5GHZ is on channel 36 / 160mhz / signal strength is on the highest settings

other than that, no special settings...

on my 2018 ipad pro..consistently getting min 371 max 669

laptop wifi card AC2650 - averagely around 500

Apex

Reaction score
any special setting? I'm getting like 4xx only.. I'm using Poco F1.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

You need to check your device support 1T1R or 2T2R.

iDm3UhA.jpg

The link speed.

0EkdadT.jpg

(WIFI6)

FreddieFreako

Reaction score
I am using Asus AC3200 as an AP in my study room. In terms of speed and coverage, would it be worth to replace it with AX3600?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.