Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

petetherock

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a 3+1 system for my resale house. Just wondering what the BTU should be for my living room?

My contracted insisted I should get 24k but I think this is a bit… overkill?

I could opt for 18k / 20k and there’ll be q a substantial savings…

What do you guys think?
Why not opt for 2 units of 12k. The space is quite large. If you have many guests, it will take some time to cool.
I use a single 24k for a similar sized room and the unit isn't too stress trying to cool the place even when my in laws come over.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you clean it yourself?
sorry, i meant i have never gotten anyone to clean it for me for the past 6 years.
i do, clean it for the first time, during the first lockdown when my aircon leaks and isn't cold.

i google how to do it and DIY. so far so good now.

KnobKnob

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently flat undergoing renovation soon. if I buy aircon from gain city will they help to do boxing up or do I need to get my ID aircon contractor to do it??

Sent from EDMWER app!

class

Reaction score
any brands for cassette air con to recommend? any idea what's the price range like? i went to gain city at bedok mall and he asked me for model number but i have no idea where i can find more info

_nivla

Master Member
Reaction score
Need to warn ppl here about c&d aircon services (if they are reading this, you know who I am)
Air con problem: Auto shut down + not cold + Blinking light

Talk about good thing first: Fast response, fast activation possible to come down on same day.

Bad:
First visit: Technician came down, told him that aircon auto switch off after 15-20 min and not cold, technician take remote control switch it on and checked compressor, say aircon very dirty and if still auto shut down pls book appointment for chemical wash and he left. Subsquently, aircon still switched off automatically and I contacted their boss to feedback and the technician just called back to say pls book chemical wash. $40 for transport.

Next day, called back to make appointment for chemical wash, did some research to see if it is necessary since they other checks were done, and found out maybe circuit board might be the reason, so called back just to enquire if they might do a check to see if it might be that problem instead, if not just do chemical wash for nothing??? So the boss said, usually technician will recommend a chemical wash first and then if it doesn't solve the problem then they might need to check again (means more money to pay la???) But nevermind, still book with chemical wash with them and say that they will still do a check before proceeding but usually machine this kind of thing no guarantee one they can only start by doing the basic repair first (in this case, chemical wash)

Fast forward to the day they suppose to come down for chemical wash, boss called say she further discuss with the technician and technician told her "AIRCON NOT VERY DIRTY"(previously he said VERY DIRTY) so probability of circuit board spoil higher than because of dirty. (What????) End up say how about that day just change circuit board straight? LOL

Told them don't need come down in the end.

So if I never call and ask if it might be the circuit board, then they will just come down and do chemical wash?? But now I tell them about circuit board, immediately say might be circuit board problem? Change circuit board ($190) vs Chemical wash ($100).

Not sure about you, but it sure sounds like a shady work to me.

Also, recommend Aircon Uncle, though their slots are harder to book, they came over and did a diagnostic by checking the compressor, and because I don't stay in that house I have no idea what repair has been done before, the technicians did a trial and error to find out what is the problem. Turns out that it was the wiring! So if I had went forward to do chemical wash ($100) / change the circuit board ($190), the aircon will still not be fixed!

TL;DR Avoid C&D air con, 10/10 recommend aircon uncle.

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to warn ppl here about c&d aircon services (if they are reading this, you know who I am)
Air con problem: Auto shut down + not cold + Blinking light

Talk about good thing first: Fast response, fast activation possible to come down on same day.

Bad:
First visit: Technician came down, told him that aircon auto switch off after 15-20 min and not cold, technician take remote control switch it on and checked compressor, say aircon very dirty and if still auto shut down pls book appointment for chemical wash and he left. Subsquently, aircon still switched off automatically and I contacted their boss to feedback and the technician just called back to say pls book chemical wash. $40 for transport.

Next day, called back to make appointment for chemical wash, did some research to see if it is necessary since they other checks were done, and found out maybe circuit board might be the reason, so called back just to enquire if they might do a check to see if it might be that problem instead, if not just do chemical wash for nothing??? So the boss said, usually technician will recommend a chemical wash first and then if it doesn't solve the problem then they might need to check again (means more money to pay la???) But nevermind, still book with chemical wash with them and say that they will still do a check before proceeding but usually machine this kind of thing no guarantee one they can only start by doing the basic repair first (in this case, chemical wash)

Fast forward to the day they suppose to come down for chemical wash, boss called say she further discuss with the technician and technician told her "AIRCON NOT VERY DIRTY"(previously he said VERY DIRTY) so probability of circuit board spoil higher than because of dirty. (What????) End up say how about that day just change circuit board straight? LOL

Told them don't need come down in the end.

So if I never call and ask if it might be the circuit board, then they will just come down and do chemical wash?? But now I tell them about circuit board, immediately say might be circuit board problem? Change circuit board ($190) vs Chemical wash ($100).

Not sure about you, but it sure sounds like a shady work to me.

Also, recommend Aircon Uncle, though their slots are harder to book, they came over and did a diagnostic by checking the compressor, and because I don't stay in that house I have no idea what repair has been done before, the technicians did a trial and error to find out what is the problem. Turns out that it was the wiring! So if I had went forward to do chemical wash ($100) / change the circuit board ($190), the aircon will still not be fixed!

TL;DR Avoid C&D air con, 10/10 recommend aircon uncle.
This C&D is the Wang Lei collaboration recently and $10 servicing per FCU lah.
The same one right?
Now booking hard to get coz so many people bought their vouchers.

_nivla

Master Member
Reaction score
This C&D is the Wang Lei collaboration recently and $10 servicing per FCU lah.
The same one right?
Now booking hard to get coz so many people bought their vouchers.
Yes, my dad bought the vouchers and they came to our house to clean. Not great as well. When I open the aircon cover at night I realised he never dry properly and the sponge is still wet.
Moral of the story also is don't gian cheap things, want cheap Aircon uncle first diagnostic is also free

_nivla

Master Member
Reaction score
Got link for aircon uncle?

tingtb

Reaction score
JKpubPJ.jpeg

the above price from Poh Meng Engrg of Daikin Proshop.

is the price and company OK?

Sent from EDMWER app!

tingtb

Reaction score
VQYYKHI.jpeg

was told $3379 eco set is not strong enough to cool 3 rooms at the same time where else $3919 eco set is able to.

ismile $3029 set is able to cool all 3 rooms at the same time.

Sent from EDMWER app!

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VQYYKHI.jpeg

was told $3379 eco set is not strong enough to cool 3 rooms at the same time where else $3919 eco set is able to.

ismile $3029 set is able to cool all 3 rooms at the same time.

Sent from EDMWER app!
You could get the MKS60 compressor instead of MKS50 with 3 FCU, also CTKS35 for the MBR.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.