Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

HiHelloBye

Reaction score
Hi guys, would love to hear your feedback.

After 25 years, i’m gonna have my own room and i’m planning to get an air-con. I recently reached to Air Con Uncle and he gave me this quotation. Any thoughts or, recommendations? :s12:

A294-D581-523-B-487-C-9-DEB-45-AE22-AD5-CC9.png

weitinq

Reaction score
I think you should leave things as it is now and use the existing system until it uplorry. After that then change aircon system you want including the aircon piping.
5 years usually won't be bad condition right?

Can the resale HDB accommodate two compressors? I am assuming the system 3 is working fine. If so, then option 1 would make sense. Option 2 will cost the most and option 3 makes no sense to fix something when nothing is faulty.

The aircon ledge can accommodate 2 compressors. I only scared aircon use 5 years near "expiry date" liao.

Reaction score
right now my set up is 18k (living room), 12k bedroom 1, 9k bedroom 2, 9k bedroom 3.

Would it be feasible to swap blowers between bedroom 1 and bedroom 2? Reason being that when I use living room (18k), I won’t on bedroom 2 blower (12k). Bedroom 1 (9k) and bedroom 3 (9k) can continue to use so total btu is 36k just nice. Right now, the set up seems to be 39k btu which is over the compressor limit.

Cost wise, is it worth the trouble to swap blowers to ensure that it’s cold enough?
you only need about 6k to 7k for each common rooms 2 and 3, master room 7k to 8k, three bedrooms 18k to 19k still have 7k for living room based on 25k rated btu, the compressor can go up to 36k so the living can get 18k.

kenapa siol

Reaction score
Seeking advice here.
Current Panasonic ECOnavi(1st gen?) System 3 aircon is about 8 yrs old BTO flat. Most casement hidden in false ceiling and L-box from air con ledge.

12k MBR - not as cold, takes too long to cool up unlike it use to be, using 18-20 deg daily, chemical wash twice in 2 yrs.
9k study room - hardly use, still works fine.
9k TV room - not as cold, takes too long to cool up like it use to, using 23-24deg daily. Normal washing once every 4-5mths.

8 yrs ago listened to my ID not to install ac in living room, regretted this decision for many yrs. Deciding to install one, but understood the messy backends i will face, hence seeking laojiao advise here. Keeping both my guest room 9k x 2 blower, and buy a new system 2 (12k and 18/24k?), to replace my MBR 12k blower, and install the 18/24k in living room. Running two compressor. Feasible?

GBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seeking advice here.
Current Panasonic ECOnavi(1st gen?) System 3 aircon is about 8 yrs old BTO flat. Most casement hidden in false ceiling and L-box from air con ledge.

12k MBR - not as cold, takes too long to cool up unlike it use to be, using 18-20 deg daily, chemical wash twice in 2 yrs.
9k study room - hardly use, still works fine.
9k TV room - not as cold, takes too long to cool up like it use to, using 23-24deg daily. Normal washing once every 4-5mths.

8 yrs ago listened to my ID not to install ac in living room, regretted this decision for many yrs. Deciding to install one, but understood the messy backends i will face, hence seeking laojiao advise here. Keeping both my guest room 9k x 2 blower, and buy a new system 2 (12k and 18/24k?), to replace my MBR 12k blower, and install the 18/24k in living room. Running two compressor. Feasible?
If existing system is already 8 years old already, just bite the bullet and install everything new. The mess created by the aircon installation will still be the same whether you install everything new or add a new system to your existing one.

mrmrmr

Reaction score
Hi guys, getting this config:

MKS80TVMG
1xCTKS50TVMG (18K)
2xCTKS25TVMG (9k)

Will there be any issues? Usually will on 18k+9k during day and at night 9k+9k. Not sure if on all 3 will have any problem

weitinq

Reaction score
Hi guys, getting this config:

MKS80TVMG
1xCTKS50TVMG (18K)
2xCTKS25TVMG (9k)

Will there be any issues? Usually will on 18k+9k during day and at night 9k+9k. Not sure if on all 3 will have any problem
depends on your compressor btu?

Dashie

Reaction score
Any recommendation for a general System 1 aircon brand/model? would like to replace mine in just one room

Daryl_T

Reaction score
Hi all, my Daikin aircon is almost 25 years and I’m thinking of changing to a new system 3, any recommendations and hopefully one that can prevent sinus? Thank you!

weitinq

Reaction score
18+9k = 27k
exceed the 25k btu already. You will still feel a sense of cool breeze in your room. And depending on the time of the day, it could still be cold. However, on very hot days, this will not hold true. In addition, it’s not just a matter of whether you room will be cooled. If your Aircon BTU is insufficient, it will cause the compressor to keep running, as the thermistor will indicate that it’s not sufficiently cooled yet. This will cause huge wastages in your electricity consumption and cause insanely high electricity bills. Hence, it will be better if you err on the side of caution and choose higher BTU.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
18+9k = 27k
exceed the 25k btu already. You will still feel a sense of cool breeze in your room. And depending on the time of the day, it could still be cold. However, on very hot days, this will not hold true. In addition, it’s not just a matter of whether you room will be cooled. If your Aircon BTU is insufficient, it will cause the compressor to keep running, as the thermistor will indicate that it’s not sufficiently cooled yet. This will cause huge wastages in your electricity consumption and cause insanely high electricity bills. Hence, it will be better if you err on the side of caution and choose higher BTU.
actually how BTU works?

when you blow at 16degrees max fan speed then use it up?

how about people setting it at 25 degrees 2 fan speed? Does the BTU use up the same way as how it was calculated?

weitinq

Reaction score

weitinq

Reaction score
Did not answer my question leh.
I answered how btu works ah. it depends on how cool you want your room to be ah.
16degrees max fan speed = energy use is faster and more to cool the room compared to 25 degrees 2 fan speed

if your unit is 9k btu, it has that amt of energy to cool the room lor.

so if you have 18k + 2 of 9k units, you need a min 36k compressor to supply enough energy for all 3 units to have sufficient energy to let the 3 units to have their max energy to cool your rooms.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so if you have 18k + 2 of 9k units, you need a min 36k compressor to supply enough energy for all 3 units to have sufficient energy to let the 3 units to have their max energy to cool your rooms.
even if you did not set them at 16 degrees?

weitinq

Reaction score
even if you did not set them at 16 degrees?
actually base line is, if you dont wanna face the problem of room not cool enough during hot days, get a sufficient btu compressor. if you wanna get 25k btu compressor, then dont on the 18+9k together.

if you wanna go too in depth on how btu works, suggest to read up google search through multiple articles. That's what I do when I'm prepping for my new home now also.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually base line is, if you dont wanna face the problem of room not cool enough during hot days, get a sufficient btu compressor. if you wanna get 25k btu compressor, then dont on the 18+9k together.

if you wanna go too in depth on how btu works, suggest to read up google search through multiple articles. That's what I do when I'm prepping for my new home now also.
ok thanks.

Darwinson

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
18+9k = 27k
Wow sis .you are expert in air con selections also.
Which aircon are you considering for your new flat. Any recommendation? I am intending to use system 5 for 1300sqft hdb.

weitinq

Reaction score
Wow sis .you are expert in air con selections also.
Which aircon are you considering for your new flat. Any recommendation? I am intending to use system 5 for 1300sqft hdb.
No expert la. Just read up when googling hahahah
Mine is 1274sqft hdb also. Intending to get mitsubishi starmex 3x9k for the bedrooms + 1x18k for living room
My living room is about 450sqft so 18k is more than sufficient liao

initially wanted mitsubishi heavy industrial but the aircon guy suggested that this model requires different kind of servicing which may cost more. so yea, this part i never research listened to the expert.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.