Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?

cheongking888

Reaction score
Hi Bro, cheongking,

how need for me to change or just a knock nothing to worry ?

anyone else could advice me

thanks for input

You spray some mild soap solution to see whether is there any leakage.

If no leak, you can use hard comb to straighten the dented fins.

Last edited:

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Want to install Air-con for new BTO flat.

3-Rm Flat so want to install System 3, 1 for Living Rm, 1 for MBR and 1 for Common Room.

I went to shop around and this sales man wearing Akira shirt keep pushing Akira System 3 saying got Ioniser/Air purifier built-in. Quoted cheaper than other brands and say the brand good, no issue.

How is AKIRA branded Air-conditioning?
How do i see if there is Ioniser or Air Purifier?

Because the display set looks normal. Just some plastic filter, fins, then a blower. Don't see anything else different from other brands like Mitsubishi or Daikin...

Thanks!

Kino Onik

Reaction score
Hi peeps.. I was quoted 4.6k for mitsubishi system 4 by gain city.
MXY4A28VA x 1
MSYGE10VA x 3
MSYGE26VA x 1
All with upgraded materials,stainless steel bracket, 2 trips and extended warranty 5 years with disposal of old aircon. Is the price ok?

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Psy, never buy anything from Akira Brand. Good to see but you cannot see quality.
Choose Mitsubishi or Daikin. Download brochure pdf from daikin . com. sg under residential aircon smile series 5 ticks.

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Hi peeps.. I was quoted 4.6k for mitsubishi system 4 by gain city.
MXY4A28VA x 1
MSYGE10VA x 3
MSYGE26VA x 1
All with upgraded materials,stainless steel bracket, 2 trips and extended warranty 5 years with disposal of old aircon. Is the price ok?
Kino,

There are many users here who commented that Cold Engine at Woodlands Ind Park gives good installation and that gain city has outsourced its installation. I cannot confirm this as I did not deal with any of them. Contact details of Cold Engine is
280 Woodlands Ind Park E5, Harvest @ Woodlands #10-42 Tel: 6362 0363 email coldengine11@gmail.com.

I think MXY4A28VA (max 30,367 BTU) is on the low side of capacity when living room and bedroom aircons are switched on. MXY4A38VA (max 38,214 BTU) is a better choice for flexibility in using the aircons. Gaincity on line price for this MXY4A38VA with same FCU is S$4909 after discount from S$5231. You decide.

Also spend some hours to read about posts by dachee and terumo on points to note during installations. Very helpful insights on aircons.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.