Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
I used "Jackie" a few times to DIY my aircon, quite effective result as can see the dirts came out from the aircon water pipe after 10mins, by using the pressure sprayer to spray at the coil fins. After the whole process, the coil fins look clean too.

But of course, this cannot compare with professional chemical wash as those chemical are stronger and thus, much more effective for serious dirty aircon's coil.

stronger chemical doesn't mean better.
the chemical will eat the fin if you didn't wash it off completely

jamesDv

Reaction score
Actually I thought about the chemical thing whether it will "eat"....when u say "eat" I think you mean whether the contents are corrosive to metal. I think it should not be corrosive, cause if its corrosive the product would leak or break cause the product packed in a metal can mah. CIS2910 got experience leak before?

In fact aircon servicing guys who apply cleaning solution that needs washing/rinsing actually should be using the corrosive( will "eat") kinda chemical....? ah bo why need rinse?? may be rinse dirt off also la I think.

I will just buy off Q10 buy 3 cans. Got free delivery and can try it myself. Will review and report!

Last edited:

cis2910

Reaction score

Some fan coil units must use strong chemical to remove the stubborn dirt that stuck firmed on the fins, otherwise, the technician will only perform normal wash.

Just ensure (watch them doing) or entrust the technician rinsed the fan coil thoroughly with water. :s13:

Last edited:

cis2910

Reaction score
Actually I thought about the chemical thing whether it will "eat"....when u say "eat" I think you mean whether the contents are corrosive to metal. I think it should not be corrosive, cause if its corrosive the product would leak or break cause the product packed in a metal can mah. CIS2910 got experience leak before?

In fact aircon servicing guys who apply cleaning solution that needs washing/rinsing actually should be using the corrosive( will "eat") kinda chemical....? ah bo why need rinse?? may be rinse dirt off also la I think.

I will just buy off Q10 buy 3 cans. Got free delivery and can try it myself. Will review and report!

Chemical wash is corrosive to metal, that's why must ensure the technician rinse thoroughly after that, normally I will watched them whenever uses of chemical wash in my office.

BTW, if the home aircon being service periodically and you also vacuum its filter frequently, then you seldom need chemical wash by the technician.

As for "Jackie", its chemical is quite mild, and that's why "Jackie" only instructed to turn on the aircon (after sprayed and stay-on for 15mins), so as to let the condensed water to wash away its chemical.

For me, after sprayed "Jackie" on the fins, I prefer using pressure water sprayer bottle to spray wash the fins, and it is quite easy to see the residual dirt came off from the fins, leaving the shinning fins.

Lastly, my Sanyo aircon had served me 20+ years already, never have leaking issue yet.

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone using Panasonic Inverter?

Compressor is 3S27kkz 2 ticks.

I have a quote of $2388 for a system 3. http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer/air-conditioners/residential-use/multi-split/cu-3s27kkz.html

Also from same company is starmex for $2588 for system 3 inverter. 2 ticks. CU is MXY 3A28VA.

i will take mishibushi starmex.
what insulator are they giving you?
this is the package i get from 1 of the recommended aircon provider here.

UPGRADE TO ARMAFLEX HALF INCH THICK
INSULATION (CLASS ''O"), G22 COPPER PIPE,
16MM DRAINAGE PIPE, KEYSTONE
BRANDED PREMIUM GRADE CONTROL
WIRING CABLE

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will take mishibushi starmex.
what insulator are they giving you?
this is the package i get from 1 of the recommended aircon provider here.

UPGRADE TO ARMAFLEX HALF INCH THICK
INSULATION (CLASS ''O"), G22 COPPER PIPE,
16MM DRAINAGE PIPE, KEYSTONE
BRANDED PREMIUM GRADE CONTROL
WIRING CABLE

i wont be changing the pipes etc as some sections of it is concealed with partition/cupboards...very troublesome to re lay the pipes and wiring.

just curious for the above specs, how much is it for the starmex 2 ticks?

boOz08

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need advice here..

Recently I engaged an Aircon repairman for his services as my aircon was not cold at all. Eventually, he assumed it was the pipes that has been leaking gas thus proceeded to change all fancoil and its piping costing a bomb.

Now, it is still not fixed and determined that CU is the one that is leaking. I'm stucked in a decision to find a replacement for the Non-inverter system / replace with brand new System 3

[My Fancoil are all brand new/ replaced in recent 1-2year]
Model : FT25DVM (2013,2013,2015)
Non-Inverter (3 Tick Daikin): MA56EV1 6 (Mfg Date : 2012.7. Compressor under warranty till 2018)

I was told the non-inverter no longer is in production and he is not able to find a replacement for it.

Please advice :s11::s11:

terumo

Reaction score
Most likely its your compressor that is leaking gas.
Can get Daikin to verify and just pay for labour to replace the compressor, as its still under warranty coverage.

Hi All,

Need advice here..

Recently I engaged an Aircon repairman for his services as my aircon was not cold at all. Eventually, he assumed it was the pipes that has been leaking gas thus proceeded to change all fancoil and its piping costing a bomb.

Now, it is still not fixed and determined that CU is the one that is leaking. I'm stucked in a decision to find a replacement for the Non-inverter system / replace with brand new System 3

[My Fancoil are all brand new/ replaced in recent 1-2year]
Model : FT25DVM (2013,2013,2015)
Non-Inverter (3 Tick Daikin): MA56EV1 6 (Mfg Date : 2012.7. Compressor under warranty till 2018)

I was told the non-inverter no longer is in production and he is not able to find a replacement for it.

Please advice :s11::s11:

TwentyOneDegrees

Master Member
Reaction score
My previous contractor also jiak liao bee scammer, bring whole compressor back to check never fixed my gas leak problem, still lose one important gas capping somemore. Change new contractor tell me do gas leak test cost $350-$400. Ended up I replace whole aircon sua.

boOz08

Reaction score
Most likely its your compressor that is leaking gas.
Can get Daikin to verify and just pay for labour to replace the compressor, as its still under warranty coverage.

Thanks a lot.. Just went to set an appointment. pay $85.60 for a look.. if just compressor issue then need pay labour $380-430.. shag.. wasted so much money on all the fancoil and piping already.. get new system better.

boOz08

Reaction score
My previous contractor also jiak liao bee scammer, bring whole compressor back to check never fixed my gas leak problem, still lose one important gas capping somemore. Change new contractor tell me do gas leak test cost $350-$400. Ended up I replace whole aircon sua.

haha yes. Daikin has adviced me to do gas leak test. but I think its a waste of my money especially in my case.
All 3 Fancoil + piping new already. Leak must be at the outside system..

See what is the result of my analysis tomorrow.. might need to get new system. Maybe Daikin/Mistubishi Starmex 5-ticks i guess :/ Pocket burn hole:(

TwentyOneDegrees

Master Member
Reaction score
i wont be changing the pipes etc as some sections of it is concealed with partition/cupboards...very troublesome to re lay the pipes and wiring.

just curious for the above specs, how much is it for the starmex 2 ticks?

Contractor most dreaded > concealed trunking in wardrobe or cupboard. :s13:

Share with u my recent installation :

Mitsubishi Inverter Wall mounted System-3 multi split unit – 2 ticks
Model no.: MXY-3A28VA + MSY-GE10VA x3 9000BTU
$3,500

Supply & Installation of
- Copper Gas Pipe System – 22swg thick
- Insulation Armaflex – 1⁄2” thick
- Wiring System
- Drainage System – 16mm
(edmwer recommend 20mm as 16mm easily choke with jelly.)

The quote i received is quite expensive as compared to the ones i see here.
But I stick with them because i have seen them at work many times, am happy with their performance. Their boss and workers are decent ppl. I don't like rowdy, heavily tattooed or heavy smoker workers as my family consists of kids and elderly will be at home overseeing the renovation works while i am at work.

- Start at 9am, ends at 5pm (only 1 room aircon unit needs to be re-position, the rest remain same)
- My dad a bit unhappy they re-use the trunking, he could have voice up to them but he chose not to, so LL suck thumb.
- The workers even helped us fixed 2 lights, mend wall holes :x

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's very cheap, is it reusing back your old piping?

yes thats the price for using existing piping.

i used this shop before for my family home to replace 1 unit starmex. the staff actually replaced the copper pipe and drainage pipe foc as the length was less than 3 meters. paid $970 last June. no leaking etc.

for my current place, over the phone thats what they quoted me if no need to replace piping. i got a feeling its better to replace because im currently running on a very old a/c system. they will probably quote extra for the piping.

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Contractor most dreaded > concealed trunking in wardrobe or cupboard. :s13:

Share with u my recent installation :

Mitsubishi Inverter Wall mounted System-3 multi split unit – 2 ticks
Model no.: MXY-3A28VA + MSY-GE10VA x3 9000BTU
$3,500

Supply & Installation of
- Copper Gas Pipe System – 22swg thick
- Insulation Armaflex – 1⁄2” thick
- Wiring System
- Drainage System – 16mm
(edmwer recommend 20mm as 16mm easily choke with jelly.)

The quote i received is quite expensive as compared to the ones i see here.
But I stick with them because i have seen them at work many times, am happy with their performance. Their boss and workers are decent ppl. I don't like rowdy, heavily tattooed or heavy smoker workers as my family consists of kids and elderly will be at home overseeing the renovation works while i am at work.

- Start at 9am, ends at 5pm (only 1 room aircon unit needs to be re-position, the rest remain same)
- My dad a bit unhappy they re-use the trunking, he could have voice up to them but he chose not to, so LL suck thumb.
- The workers even helped us fixed 2 lights, mend wall holes :x

wow..thats almost $900 more than the quote i was given assuming no need to re do the piping...

for 5 ticks with the 3GVA28VA + 3 x MSY-GE10VA 9k btu, they quoted me $3088 with existing piping. will cost more to redo piping which is likely the case for me with concealed stuff...question is how much more.

was reading some threads that 5 ticks' compressor was noisier than 2 ticks. but save more on electricity.

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
wow..thats almost $900 more than the quote i was given assuming no need to re do the piping...

for 5 ticks with the 3GVA28VA + 3 x MSY-GE10VA 9k btu, they quoted me $3088 with existing piping. will cost more to redo piping which is likely the case for me with concealed stuff...question is how much more.

was reading some threads that 5 ticks' compressor was noisier than 2 ticks. but save more on electricity.

new hdb no need concern about the noise unless you open toilet door.

i've seen one hdb design though where the aircon ledge is near master room.

cis2910

Reaction score
Since Mit's 2ticks and 5ticks both using same model of Condensor Unit, only different in Fan Coil Unit (GE vs FJ model), would it be possible that ppl are refering to the FCU are noisier?

new hdb no need concern about the noise unless you open toilet door.

i've seen one hdb design though where the aircon ledge is near master room.

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Since Mit's 2ticks and 5ticks both using same model of Condensor Unit, only different in Fan Coil Unit (GE vs FJ model), would it be possible that ppl are refering to the FCU are noisier?

since i was on fujitsu then mitsubishi, i can say mit is louder because the fan is much stronger compared to fujitsu. if u r on fan spd 2, there shldnt be noticeable noise. 3 is ok. i don't even notice it. 4 is max

yamashita

Reaction score
One of my fan coils for my Mitsubishi Electric system 2 (~10 years) is not blowing cold air while the other fan coil is working fine.

The servicing company I engaged informed me that my outdoor unit is of the older generation, it has 2 compressors (1 for each fan coil). The compressor linked to the fan coil that is not blowing cold air is faulty.

I was advised to replace the system 2 with a new one as replacing the faulty compressor with a secondhand one is ~$500, which is not worth it for such a old system.

Does anyone know if it is the case that some outdoor units have separate compresor for each fan coil?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.