Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

hellomeister

Reaction score
anybody gotten their ac from audiohouse? hows their workmanship and post servicing?
prices already much lower than competitors, before even factor in their e-cashback

xenotine

Reaction score
Hihi,

For 5rm BTO, is this system 4 configuration ok?

Common Room 1: 9k
Common Room 2: 9k
Master Bedroom: 12k
Living Room: 24k

Edited. I just use the calculator . Seems good =)

Last edited:

celerius

Reaction score
Are there regular (non-portable, window) ACs that are less than 9K BTU? After calculating, it would seem that my rooms will only require 5 - 6.5K BTU.

petetherock

Reaction score
Unless you live in a bomb shelter, 9k will be fine. You keep the compressor humming along instead of working at full tilt.

zumbra99

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to know what is the cause of this irregular noise from the internal unit - which seems like air flow is turbulent at times. At the time of the noise, the air coming out of the unit also drops.
Could someone have a look at this video and comment ?
As usual the service guys have only 1 solution to every issue - chemical cleaning for about 100 !!
Not sure if they are right about this ?
Thanks
www(dot)filedropper(dot)com/airconairflownoise20210521
or
easyupload(dot)io/os1ok1

Just last week or so, I had some issue where the internal unit was turning off by itself (its a Daikin unit, with U4 error). So the repair guys changed the whole external unit and also the PCB of the internal unit.
This noise started just after this repair. I thought maybe some filter was not placed properly causing this.
But general service/cleaning was just done today but the noise persists.

Thanks

Last edited:

xenotine

Reaction score
I had not consult aircon guy yet. Just some thoughts.
For new BTO 5rm, i think is quite standard, where we want the piping to go from bathroom to master, bedroom1 , bedroom2, living room.

My question is on bedroom1 where normally there is a beam on top. The piping normally will go over the beam, or below the beam? If below the beam, there will be a gap behind the wardrobe cupboard. Given nowadays hdb room is already very small. These small gap will 'eat' up the space. Also not considering carpentry wardrobe, cos in future if piping anything wrong , may need to hack off the carpentry wadrobe.

Just thinking what's the norm way of laying the piping?

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used ME for almost 6 years in my BTO without any issue(i only did 3 servicing before lol) and the AC working well without any problem but i moving to my new resale but really itching to try Daikin next dont know why hahah
Is the Daikin repair and servicing charges more expensive?

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is MXY4A28 compressor still available?
Upgraded trunking and pipe last time, scared of dust to overhaul aircon. So if can, I rather just change the condenser. Any advice appreciated.
Best can reuse the trunking. About 12 year old unit

wanrong

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Wanted to change my old Aircon, when i went to ask around i was pushed with Mitsubishi heavy industry more than Starmex, read online its just a less popular choices?

Also anyone have any good dealer for aircon that does replace/dismantle/relaying the pipes to share?

mkaung2000

Reaction score
Is MXY4A28 compressor still available?
Upgraded trunking and pipe last time, scared of dust to overhaul aircon. So if can, I rather just change the condenser. Any advice appreciated.
Best can reuse the trunking. About 12 year old unit
Yeah, many available, even MXY4A38. Ask aircon guys around.

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, many available, even MXY4A38. Ask aircon guys around.
Was told dun have new units only old units with 3 months warranty. Quoted to install new units but retain piping lor. Not sure if advisable. Aircon is so headache

lazykitty

Reaction score
Hi Bros,

Seeking help on aircon configuration for my living and dining room. My kitchen is open concept i.e. no door.
If i install aircon in the living and dining room, will it cool sufficiently with the open concept kitchen?

Lastly, what is the BTU i should get for the living (24k?) and dining room (12k?)?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hhvLSfyjP26G3nJM9

Thank you.

Last edited:

mkaung2000

Reaction score
Was told dun have new units only old units with 3 months warranty. Quoted to install new units but retain piping lor. Not sure if advisable. Aircon is so headache
Oh. I thot you looking for 2nd hand.
I don't think new units are avilable.
Those 2nd hands with <5 years used should be OK, IMO.

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am I right to say, air con installer and repair is quite a lucrative business?
When I suspect the circuit from my fcu faulty, to change re-conditioned set, they charge me Abt $300. To change 2nd hand fcu, they charge like $500.

but when I replace Aircon, some room the fcu never use one, still silver fins, installer take in ‘free dismantle and disposal service’ foc. Later on they can reuse my fcu and sell like that.

my Aircon installer say no trade in, they ok to leave the condenser and fcu at my
Place if I have another house to install. Hmm..

Guess it’s just me. Their labor is also hard work.

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I suspect the circuit from my fcu faulty, to change re-conditioned set, they charge me Abt $300. To change 2nd hand fcu, they charge like $500.

but when I replace Aircon, some room the fcu never use one, still silver fins, installer take in ‘free dismantle and disposal service’ foc. Later on they can reuse my fcu and sell like that.

my Aircon installer say no trade in, they ok to leave the condenser and fcu at my

Of course lucrative, if not why so many aircon companies around..

Lem_Koek_Far

Reaction score
Hello all

Planning to have Aircon for my bedroom (3rm flat),
Is it advisable to get a portable Aircon? As I'm concerned if the tube can be directed outside as my bedroom window are lourve window. TIA!

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

-their job is risky....climbing out the window, risking getting electrocuted.
-hard labor
-back injuries
-chemical hazard
-handle unreasonable customers.

not to mention, there are hundreds of aircon company in sg.....the competitive market and high operational costs also there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.