Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alum sheet for aircon panel... some need to top up...
dunnoe mine is free.... last time they use wood, now all alum sheet....to seal up to protect from rain.
the wires/gas pipes need to go through the alum sheet....i doubt people will really charge this tho.

ur hired company charging this?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
dunnoe mine is free.... last time they use wood, now all alum sheet....to seal up to protect from rain.
the wires/gas pipes need to go through the alum sheet....i doubt people will really charge this tho.

ur hired company charging this?
the one i ask.. when i ask... it ask me to top up $80 if i want to use alum sheet..
havent hire.. only ask haha

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine 1 is interior use wood plank to box up, then outside use alum sheet to prevent rain from coming in...... all inclusive inside the package.

before i use this contractor....i ask many.... whether got misc fees anot.... they said dun have, all inside package.
the only extra charges are the bracket or the powerpoint. erm.................

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
mine 1 is interior use wood plank to box up, then outside use alum sheet to prevent rain from coming in...... all inclusive inside the package.

before i use this contractor....i ask many.... whether got misc fees anot.... they said dun have, all inside package.
the only extra charges are the bracket or the powerpoint. erm.................
the one i ask.. like

bracket will be $150 additional
2nos interior plywood is $60.
alum sheet will $80 additional

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the one i ask.. like

bracket will be $150 additional
2nos interior plywood is $60.
alum sheet will $80 additional
market rates for bracket is $120~$150 . gaincity 1 is the only company that provide non shaky bracket (with additional support).
interior free
alum sheet free

best u google their reviews. i asked at least 12 companies, these are inclusive in the package.

today is the best time to buy with stackable voucher......

u see the following gaincity flash deal+shop voucher = $2,123.46
UKnqwAS.png

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
market rates for bracket is $120~$150 . gaincity 1 is the only company that provide non shaky bracket (with additional support).
interior free
alum sheet free

best u google their reviews. i asked at least 12 companies, these are inclusive in the package.

today is the best time to buy with stackable voucher......

u see the following gaincity flash deal+shop voucher = $2,123.46
UKnqwAS.png
gaincity review very very bad from many ppl........

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought they are one of the reputable one? If not still got which installer?

1gnited

Reaction score
Hi all, new to aircon purchasing here and would like some advice.

My 4-room's living room is about 23 square meters. Dining space is part of the living room, while the kitchen is separated from the living room by a sliding door. Dining is rare in the living room and planned aircon usage in the living room is also minimal as it will only be turned on for a short period of time during the day if the heat is really unbearable; only 1 person will regularly be in the living room too.

Based on a web BTU calculator I used, it told me that I needed about 9.2k BTU, so I picked a 12k FCU for it. The aircon salesperson I contacted told me that minimum for living room is 18k however.

Anyone can guess what's the reason for such a big difference in our estimations?

Thanks in advance!

Sparcs

Reaction score
Hi,

Any users of Toshiba Youme 2.0 aircon? For system 3, they have 2 compressors:

3M31U2ACVG - Rated 6.0kW (Min-Max: 2.5-7.5)
3M41U2ACVG - Rated 4.3kW (Min-Max: 2.15 - 7.5)

Does the lower rated one means less cooling for the same FCU configuration, hence, not a good idea?

Other than costs and space constraints, would it makes sense to get 3 x System 2 vs 2 x System 3 for equivalent FCU configurations?

ie.
2 x System 3:
- 9k, 12k, 18k
- 9k, 12k, 12k

3 x System2 :
- 9k, 18k
- 9k, 18k
- 12k, 12k

Thanks!

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chemical wash for $120 per fan coil unit considered reasonable?
u mean chemical overhaul? $80~$150......
if do more fcu, it will be cheaper.
if first time engage, can bargain for more discounts.
some $120+, provide free gas top up tho.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to aircon purchasing here and would like some advice.

My 4-room's living room is about 23 square meters. Dining space is part of the living room, while the kitchen is separated from the living room by a sliding door. Dining is rare in the living room and planned aircon usage in the living room is also minimal as it will only be turned on for a short period of time during the day if the heat is really unbearable; only 1 person will regularly be in the living room too.

Based on a web BTU calculator I used, it told me that I needed about 9.2k BTU, so I picked a 12k FCU for it. The aircon salesperson I contacted told me that minimum for living room is 18k however.

Anyone can guess what's the reason for such a big difference in our estimations?

Thanks in advance!
BTU calculator is calculate based on the area needed to be cooled.
there are other factors that will affect your overall temperature in the room.
e.g
-numbers of people
-numbers of home appliance generating heat
-numbers of leaked places.... through doors, windows
-ceiling height
-the room layout.... L shape, rectangle, square etc
-the aircon position
-ambient temperature

room 9k
mbr 9k/12k
living room 18k

Imagine if your aircon is unable to cool the living room, the compressor will be throttle 100% load, wearing the components and wasting electricity bills.

the best i suggest is u get the technician to do site survey first, then he will give you the best advise.

teokankia

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to buying aircon and have been reading this thread to learn more. Really appreciate people taking the time to give some advice, it is really very helpful.

I stay in mature estate, thinking of installing aircon for the three bed rooms (system 3). One air-con will be heavy usage, the other two probably on at night only (i.e. only at night will all 3 likely be on)

I'm currently deciding between:

1. MHI: Compressor SCM80YT-S, FCU SRK35ZSX3
- Compressor is rated for 8 KW, or 27300 BTU
- FCU is rated for 3.5 KW, or 12000 BTU
- Price is $3250 for standard installation with no upgrade

2. Daikin: Compressor MKS80TVMG, FCU 3XCTKS25TVMG
- Compressor is rated for 7.3 KW, or 25200 BTU
- FCU is rated for 2.67 KW, or 9000 BTU
- Price is $3349 for standard installation with no upgrade

These are packages sold by the bigger retailers. Idk if I have flexibility to upgrade to a bigger compressor. Is there such an option?

Anyway I am thinking about a third option by a smaller company:
3. MHI: Compressor SCM80YT-S, FCU SRK25ZSX3
- Price is $3188 for standard installation with no upgrade
- The only downside is that the smaller retailer don't do credit card payment (quite nice to be able to chalk up the points now).

Which would you recommend? Is option 1 even viable for my usage?

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to buying aircon and have been reading this thread to learn more. Really appreciate people taking the time to give some advice, it is really very helpful.

I stay in mature estate, thinking of installing aircon for the three bed rooms (system 3). One air-con will be heavy usage, the other two probably on at night only (i.e. only at night will all 3 likely be on)

I'm currently deciding between:

1. MHI: Compressor SCM80YT-S, FCU SRK35ZSX3
- FCU is rated for 3.5 KW, or 12000 BTU
- Price is $3250 for standard installation with no upgrade

2. Daikin: Compressor MKS80TVMG, FCU 3XCTKS25TVMG
- Compressor is rated for 7.3 KW, or 25200 BTU
- Price is $3349 for standard installation with no upgrade

These are packages sold by the bigger retailers. Idk if I have flexibility to upgrade to a bigger compressor. Is there such an option?

Anyway I am thinking about a third option by a smaller company:
3. MHI: Compressor SCM80YT-S, FCU SRK25ZSX3
- Price is $3188 for standard installation with no upgrade
- The only downside is that the smaller retailer don't do credit card payment (quite nice to be able to chalk up the points now).

Which would you recommend? Is option 1 even viable for my usage?
It actually depends on the size of your bedrooms. For normal HDB bedroom 9000 btu is more than sufficient, 12000 btu is overkill in most cases. Outdoor compressor BTU must be able to support the total of all the bedroom indoors units BTU when switch on at the same time. For your MHI option 1, you can go for 2 x 9000 btu for 2 bedrooms + 1 x 12000 btu for your master bedroom.

1gnited

Reaction score
BTU calculator is calculate based on the area needed to be cooled.
there are other factors that will affect your overall temperature in the room.
e.g
-numbers of people
-numbers of home appliance generating heat
-numbers of leaked places.... through doors, windows
-ceiling height
-the room layout.... L shape, rectangle, square etc
-the aircon position
-ambient temperature

room 9k
mbr 9k/12k
living room 18k

Imagine if your aircon is unable to cool the living room, the compressor will be throttle 100% load, wearing the components and wasting electricity bills.

the best i suggest is u get the technician to do site survey first, then he will give you the best advise.
Thanks for highlighting various possible factors - while I did take into account a number that you mentioned, I did miss out on some others.

Ok, I have requested the technician to come down for a site survey first so that he can better understand the situation and give more informed advice after that.

Thanks again for the reply and advice!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.