Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

skylight87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I check what are the places you guys will recommend to buy aircon from?
Retailer such as Courts, Best Denki, Gain city or from air con contractor (seems cheaper).

heluim

Reaction score
Hello!

Anybody using Panasonic Inverter, CU-3S27MKZ Outdoor Unit condenser. System 3 indoor unit CS-S9TKZW.

I always facing intermittent Auto Shutdown after 2-3hours of usage. Say middle of the night the aircon auto shutdown with Red Timer Light Blinking.

Remote Control Error Code 27.

And aircon Technician Replace Outdoor Unit Senor.
But problem still exist.

The Aircon is new Manufactured Date 2018.
Still very new and got so much problem.
Panasonic like very problematic.
Last time i also got bad experience with Panasonic wash machine.
Previous I use Toshiba and Mitsubishi totally zero problem and I enjoy it so much.

So now I am suspecting outdoor unit condenser PCB spoil.
Anybody is facing the same issue or problem?
Any advise?
And PCB Replacement Price anybody have any idea or advise?

Very much appreciate for the comments and help of the people here.
Thanks a million in advance!

SuperClubby

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New Starmex series coming soon and looks to be more efficient due to the R32 gas... Guess I'll hold on a bit longer since they hasn't even updated their site. :s13: Let's hope it won't be like their problematic FJ series :s13:

hmm.jpg

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New Starmex series coming soon and looks to be more efficient due to the R32 gas... Guess I'll hold on a bit longer since they hasn't even updated their site. :s13: Let's hope it won't be like their problematic FJ series :s13:

hmm.jpg
Best guess - if re-use trunking, last time 410 gas pipes, can use these new models?

cheoweh

Reaction score
Hi,
My condo is about 16 years old. Engaged a contractor to quote for aircon replacement.
He said that since the aircon is still cold, there may not be a need to replace the piping (as replacing the piping is a big hassle due to all the false ceiling).
Is this true that the piping may be able to last another 10-15 years?
Thanks.

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My condo is about 16 years old. Engaged a contractor to quote for aircon replacement.
He said that since the aircon is still cold, there may not be a need to replace the piping (as replacing the piping is a big hassle due to all the false ceiling).
Thanks.
cost savings to you is usually not much by not replacing trunking. more of, whether u can take the dust and mess when they replace trunking and likely u need to repaint house?

Question to ask urself - how long u intend to stay there?

It is true that if the pipe condition is still good, no leaks requiring frequent gas top ups, no condensation and water dripping, the pipes can be re-used.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are intending to use the aircon system for long, just replace the old trunkings. New insulation is thicker and higher K value, larger diameter copper and drainage pipes allow refrigerant and water to flow easily etc.

petetherock

Reaction score
I kept my old in wall trunking for my 10 yr old unit, and it's been fine for the past five years.

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm.jpg
Any idea roughly when will this be available here?

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
yes topping up gas only a gimmick use by technician to make some additional money.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes topping up gas only a gimmick use by technician to make some additional money.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Then how to ensure that during a gas check, they do not purposely try reduce the pressure 1st before showing us the reading on gauge?

petetherock

Reaction score
If your aircon behaves like that then you need to change one
There’s no barrier against dishonesty

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I check what are the places you guys will recommend to buy aircon from?
Retailer such as Courts, Best Denki, Gain city or from air con contractor (seems cheaper).
GC got own dedicated team... courts is sub contractor.......
Hello!

Anybody using Panasonic Inverter, CU-3S27MKZ Outdoor Unit condenser. System 3 indoor unit CS-S9TKZW.

I always facing intermittent Auto Shutdown after 2-3hours of usage. Say middle of the night the aircon auto shutdown with Red Timer Light Blinking.

Remote Control Error Code 27.

And aircon Technician Replace Outdoor Unit Senor.
But problem still exist.

The Aircon is new Manufactured Date 2018.
Still very new and got so much problem.
Panasonic like very problematic.
Last time i also got bad experience with Panasonic wash machine.
Previous I use Toshiba and Mitsubishi totally zero problem and I enjoy it so much.

So now I am suspecting outdoor unit condenser PCB spoil.
Anybody is facing the same issue or problem?
Any advise?
And PCB Replacement Price anybody have any idea or advise?

Very much appreciate for the comments and help of the people here.
Thanks a million in advance!
what ur tech suggest? if he cannot find the root then get another experienced technician to diagnosis.
if aircon can run few hours before auto shutdown.....i doubt it is is pcb tho. auto shutdown is cut off power to prevent further damages to the aircon
Hi,
Thanks.
hard to say.... some people use back old piping.... in the end leak.... change the whole system again. Not worth using back.
at least when ur aircon spoil, u can isolate gas pipe issue

not sure about gas piping.....
for water piping, residue will formed on the piping cause water leak from time to time. so more frequent servicing required.
Insulator will wear off.... causing condensation on your trucking and less cooling efficiency.

if ur piping is very long...best to re-do.

Anyone can recommend cheapest system 1 aircon with installation?
so far, europace system 1 is the cheapest....1k+...... during promos $800++
how often does one need to top up R32 gas ah ?
theoretical is no need top up. But people tend to check the gas pressure, so frequent top up required....like every few years or so. if got leak...every few months or so.

newbie3214

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just came back from Gain City and the uncle kept recommending Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 3 (3 x 12000 BTU), so I got it. Now I'm wondering if I made the wrong decision, for based on what I read online, people usually get 2 X 9000 BTU and 1 X 12000BTU (master bedroom)? Would 3 x 12000 BTU consume more electricity?

My flat:

Master bedroom: About 18sqm
Bedrooms 1 & 2: About 14sqm

Could anyone please advice? Thanks!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.