Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

qweiopertyu

Reaction score
anyone purchased black aircon (I think currently only LG has it). I'm thinking if it is worth it to get. I'm thinking that white air con will get yellowish. thanks

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maintainance will be expensive in terms of the parts? Is it because it is LG?
for aircon which are non-mainstream, it will be difficult to find aircon service anywhere. Eventually, your only option is back to authorized servicing and we all know authorized service is never cheap.

qweiopertyu

Reaction score
for aircon which are non-mainstream, it will be difficult to find aircon service anywhere. Eventually, your only option is back to authorized servicing and we all know authorized service is never cheap.
ok thank you for the advice. May I know which ones are mainstream and what are the factors that make it mainstream so I can decide.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hellooo!

I'm purchasing my upcoming resale flat and it comes with system 3 in 3 bedrooms
the current owner installed them 5years ago.

Should I:

1. Remain the system 3 and just add system 1 in living room or
2. replace everything and just do system 4 or
3. replace only pipings for current system 3 (remain the unit) and add system 1 in living room?

TIA!
Can the resale HDB accommodate two compressors? I am assuming the system 3 is working fine. If so, then option 1 would make sense. Option 2 will cost the most and option 3 makes no sense to fix something when nothing is faulty.

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think you have not fully move in is good to change the whole system, five years many things happen, just go for those new R32 gas type of system 4.

HiHelloBye

Reaction score
Hi guys, would love to hear your feedback.

After 25 years, i’m gonna have my own room and i’m planning to get an air-con. I recently reached to Air Con Uncle and he gave me this quotation. Any thoughts or, recommendations? :s12:

A294-D581-523-B-487-C-9-DEB-45-AE22-AD5-CC9.png

weitinq

Reaction score
I think you should leave things as it is now and use the existing system until it uplorry. After that then change aircon system you want including the aircon piping.
5 years usually won't be bad condition right?

Can the resale HDB accommodate two compressors? I am assuming the system 3 is working fine. If so, then option 1 would make sense. Option 2 will cost the most and option 3 makes no sense to fix something when nothing is faulty.

The aircon ledge can accommodate 2 compressors. I only scared aircon use 5 years near "expiry date" liao.

Reaction score
right now my set up is 18k (living room), 12k bedroom 1, 9k bedroom 2, 9k bedroom 3.

Would it be feasible to swap blowers between bedroom 1 and bedroom 2? Reason being that when I use living room (18k), I won’t on bedroom 2 blower (12k). Bedroom 1 (9k) and bedroom 3 (9k) can continue to use so total btu is 36k just nice. Right now, the set up seems to be 39k btu which is over the compressor limit.

Cost wise, is it worth the trouble to swap blowers to ensure that it’s cold enough?
you only need about 6k to 7k for each common rooms 2 and 3, master room 7k to 8k, three bedrooms 18k to 19k still have 7k for living room based on 25k rated btu, the compressor can go up to 36k so the living can get 18k.

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Seeking advice here.
Current Panasonic ECOnavi(1st gen?) System 3 aircon is about 8 yrs old BTO flat. Most casement hidden in false ceiling and L-box from air con ledge.

12k MBR - not as cold, takes too long to cool up unlike it use to be, using 18-20 deg daily, chemical wash twice in 2 yrs.
9k study room - hardly use, still works fine.
9k TV room - not as cold, takes too long to cool up like it use to, using 23-24deg daily. Normal washing once every 4-5mths.

8 yrs ago listened to my ID not to install ac in living room, regretted this decision for many yrs. Deciding to install one, but understood the messy backends i will face, hence seeking laojiao advise here. Keeping both my guest room 9k x 2 blower, and buy a new system 2 (12k and 18/24k?), to replace my MBR 12k blower, and install the 18/24k in living room. Running two compressor. Feasible?

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seeking advice here.
Current Panasonic ECOnavi(1st gen?) System 3 aircon is about 8 yrs old BTO flat. Most casement hidden in false ceiling and L-box from air con ledge.

12k MBR - not as cold, takes too long to cool up unlike it use to be, using 18-20 deg daily, chemical wash twice in 2 yrs.
9k study room - hardly use, still works fine.
9k TV room - not as cold, takes too long to cool up like it use to, using 23-24deg daily. Normal washing once every 4-5mths.

8 yrs ago listened to my ID not to install ac in living room, regretted this decision for many yrs. Deciding to install one, but understood the messy backends i will face, hence seeking laojiao advise here. Keeping both my guest room 9k x 2 blower, and buy a new system 2 (12k and 18/24k?), to replace my MBR 12k blower, and install the 18/24k in living room. Running two compressor. Feasible?
If existing system is already 8 years old already, just bite the bullet and install everything new. The mess created by the aircon installation will still be the same whether you install everything new or add a new system to your existing one.

mrmrmr

Reaction score
Hi guys, getting this config:

MKS80TVMG
1xCTKS50TVMG (18K)
2xCTKS25TVMG (9k)

Will there be any issues? Usually will on 18k+9k during day and at night 9k+9k. Not sure if on all 3 will have any problem

weitinq

Reaction score
Hi guys, getting this config:

MKS80TVMG
1xCTKS50TVMG (18K)
2xCTKS25TVMG (9k)

Will there be any issues? Usually will on 18k+9k during day and at night 9k+9k. Not sure if on all 3 will have any problem
depends on your compressor btu?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.