Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MKS90TVMG is an extra large compressor, with dimensions 990, 940, 320mm. There could be size constraint when installing it through some HDB window. Check with the installer if the large compressor can fit through window dimensions.

liewjia

Reaction score
Need to warn ppl here about c&d aircon services (if they are reading this, you know who I am)
Air con problem: Auto shut down + not cold + Blinking light

Talk about good thing first: Fast response, fast activation possible to come down on same day.

Bad:
First visit: Technician came down, told him that aircon auto switch off after 15-20 min and not cold, technician take remote control switch it on and checked compressor, say aircon very dirty and if still auto shut down pls book appointment for chemical wash and he left. Subsquently, aircon still switched off automatically and I contacted their boss to feedback and the technician just called back to say pls book chemical wash. $40 for transport.

Next day, called back to make appointment for chemical wash, did some research to see if it is necessary since they other checks were done, and found out maybe circuit board might be the reason, so called back just to enquire if they might do a check to see if it might be that problem instead, if not just do chemical wash for nothing??? So the boss said, usually technician will recommend a chemical wash first and then if it doesn't solve the problem then they might need to check again (means more money to pay la???) But nevermind, still book with chemical wash with them and say that they will still do a check before proceeding but usually machine this kind of thing no guarantee one they can only start by doing the basic repair first (in this case, chemical wash)

Fast forward to the day they suppose to come down for chemical wash, boss called say she further discuss with the technician and technician told her "AIRCON NOT VERY DIRTY"(previously he said VERY DIRTY) so probability of circuit board spoil higher than because of dirty. (What????) End up say how about that day just change circuit board straight? LOL

Told them don't need come down in the end.

So if I never call and ask if it might be the circuit board, then they will just come down and do chemical wash?? But now I tell them about circuit board, immediately say might be circuit board problem? Change circuit board ($190) vs Chemical wash ($100).

Not sure about you, but it sure sounds like a shady work to me.

Also, recommend Aircon Uncle, though their slots are harder to book, they came over and did a diagnostic by checking the compressor, and because I don't stay in that house I have no idea what repair has been done before, the technicians did a trial and error to find out what is the problem. Turns out that it was the wiring! So if I had went forward to do chemical wash ($100) / change the circuit board ($190), the aircon will still not be fixed!

TL;DR Avoid C&D air con, 10/10 recommend aircon uncle.
AVOID! Worst experience with "Air Con Uncle". They’ve trained their service personnel to always recommend a chemical clean. I took the bait on chemical clean on the external unit because I was having issues with one of the internal units. The issue wasn’t fixed so the next time they recommended a chemical clean on the internal unit. Engaged them for aircon fixing. Not able to troubleshoot the problem at the same time spoiled the capacitor in compressor. Definitely not recommended for aircon repair. BE CAREFUL from Air Con Uncle!

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
AVOID! Worst experience with "Air Con Uncle". They’ve trained their service personnel to always recommend a chemical clean. I took the bait on chemical clean on the external unit because I was having issues with one of the internal units. The issue wasn’t fixed so the next time they recommended a chemical clean on the internal unit. Engaged them for aircon fixing. Not able to troubleshoot the problem at the same time spoiled the capacitor in compressor. Definitely not recommended for aircon repair. BE CAREFUL from Air Con Uncle!
A new account and the 1st 2 posts are about bad review for a company ? hmmm...

aErOpLaNe911

Reaction score
For Daikin iSmile, can I use the bigger compressor (MKS90TVMG) for 4 fcu? So far I need 3x 9k btu and 1x 24k. Wonder 1 compressor able to power all 4? Or should I install 2 system 2 instead?
VVMG is the latest right? And it uses R32 gas.

What are your considerations for selecting TVMG?

Supersinner

Reaction score
VVMG is the latest right? And it uses R32 gas.

What are your considerations for selecting TVMG?
Yea heard about the eco series but honestly, I don't really have a preference on this as long as it is 5 ticks. I was using daikin and prefer the look of the ac unit. So that's why I'm getting daikin again for new house.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea heard about the eco series but honestly, I don't really have a preference on this as long as it is 5 ticks. I was using daikin and prefer the look of the ac unit. So that's why I'm getting daikin again for new house.
Go for ismile eco. Newer and better man.on paper that is.

Karael

Reaction score
Any guide and recommendations for 3 bedroom and 1 living room? First time buying.

Read here that mitsubishi or daikin is better. Not sure where to buy (courts, gain city, newway, directly from manufacturer) or how much btu to get.

Last edited:

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cleaned the normal filter on my starmex but still got musty smell. Will servicing remove the smell?

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any guide and recommendations for 3 bedroom and 1 living room? First time buying.

Read here that mitsubishi or daikin is better. Not sure where to buy (courts, gain city, newway, directly from manufacturer) or how much btu to get.
The correct way of buying an aircon system is to measure the size of rooms you want to cool down to determine the indoor BTU requirement. By adding up all the indoor BTU requirement for the rooms, you then determine the BTU size of the outdoor unit needed.

You can use the below link to compute the BTU requirement for the rooms..
https://www.calculator.net/btu-calculator.html

walceab

Reaction score
Hi all any aircon expert here can advise what kind of aircon system our local MRT uses? The one that purge air once every 6mins. Cause covid cases rises I want to protect myself so after seeing our esteem tomboy HC saying how good it is, I want to install at my home

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Toshiba System 4 High COP RAS-4M41U2ACVG-SG, any ideas what is the maximum BTU of this outdoor unit base on the part number ?​

For the Toshiba indoor fan coil.
RAS-M10U2KCVG-SG1
RAS-M13U2KCVG-SG1
RAS-M24U2KCVG-SG1

Base on the above fan coil part number any idea what is the BTU of each type of Fan coil.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsuibishi Starmex

MXY3G28VA2 - 30.4K
MXY4G33VA2 - 36.5K
MXY4G38VA2 - 38.2K
MXY5G48VA2 - 46.1K - 30-Ampere breaker required. Standard HDB only comes with 20A

Last edited:

Alibeckham

Reaction score
Hellos all the shifus here.. looking for new aircon for my resale EA.. following are my estimated room size
Main Bedroom - 18.5sqm
Bedroom 2 - 15sqm
Bedroom 3 - 12.5sqm
Living + dining - 57sqm

I am thinking whether this configuration works or not?

mitsubishi Starmex - MXY-4G33VA2 = Msxy-FN24VE + FN13VE + 2 x FN10VE

wonder if this configuration is ok or under size? And any rough estimate what is a good price for all in cost, including best insulation and coil material?

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hellos all the shifus here.. looking for new aircon for my resale EA.. following are my estimated room size
Main Bedroom - 18.5sqm
Bedroom 2 - 15sqm
Bedroom 3 - 12.5sqm
Living + dining - 57sqm

I am thinking whether this configuration works or not?

mitsubishi Starmex - MXY-4G33VA2 = Msxy-FN24VE + FN13VE + 2 x FN10VE

wonder if this configuration is ok or under size? And any rough estimate what is a good price for all in cost, including best insulation and coil material?
Really, the room sizes are large, I suggest you get at least 2 compressors 2x MXY-4G38VA2. One compressor for the 3 bedroom FCU (FN13VE + 2 x FN10VE) and the second compressor for the living/dining (2x FN18VE).

Alibeckham

Reaction score
Really, the room sizes are large, I suggest you get at least 2 compressors 2x MXY-4G38VA2. One compressor for the 3 bedroom FCU (FN13VE + 2 x FN10VE) and the second compressor for the living/dining (2x FN18VE).
Hi hi, yup the rooms seems slightly bigger than bto. For the living room one, I seldom on and will not on concurrently with the room, that’s why only looking at 1 compressor configuration.

I got a quote from supplier and recommended with
Mitsubishi Starmex inverter sys.4 MXY4G33VA2/10/10/13/24VE @ $4200

With standard installation - 0.5“ insulotion, sigma cable, S22 pipe and 16” drain

would like some sensing if this compressor model is able to support the scenario (a) 10/10/13 on together (b) some days just on 24ve?

understand this model capable of 36.5 btu?

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi hi, yup the rooms seems slightly bigger than bto. For the living room one, I seldom on and will not on concurrently with the room, that’s why only looking at 1 compressor configuration.

I got a quote from supplier and recommended with
Mitsubishi Starmex inverter sys.4 MXY4G33VA2/10/10/13/24VE @ $4200

With standard installation - 0.5“ insulotion, sigma cable, S22 pipe and 16” drain

would like some sensing if this compressor model is able to support the scenario (a) 10/10/13 on together (b) some days just on 24ve?

understand this model capable of 36.5 btu?

MXY4G33VA2 is only rated at 6.6KW (22.5K BTU), it will be grossly under powered in your configuration with such large rooms. 36.5K BTU is taking into account the max capacity which cannot be sustained for long duration. If you only want to get one compressor, then at least a MXY-4G38VA2 or MXY-4G48VA2 if the constraints permits. The standard insulations looks alright, thickness of the insulation on copper pipes of 1/2" and include 1/4" insulation for the drainage pipes.

Alibeckham

Reaction score
Tot the Mitsubishi brochure say the condenser rating is

Multi split outdoor unit for up to 4 indoor unit

Total capacity of all indoor unit must not exceed 20.5kw”

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tot the Mitsubishi brochure say the condenser rating is

Multi split outdoor unit for up to 4 indoor unit

Total capacity of all indoor unit must not exceed 20.5kw”
20.5kw = 69,948 BTU. If your outdoor unit MXY4G33VA2 is only rated at 6.6KW (22.5K BTU), how can 6.6 kw support your 4 indoor units to exceed 20.5kw ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.