Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

Vulpix

Reaction score
is there a fan mode? if so run at this mode for 15-30 minutes before turning off the aircon.
Ok sounds good, I wonder why this is not a normal thing. I'll just get Sensibo to switch to fan mode whenever I switch it off. For now should I just get someone to chemical wash my unit?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ok sounds good, I wonder why this is not a normal thing. I'll just get Sensibo to switch to fan mode whenever I switch it off. For now should I just get someone to chemical wash my unit?
fan mode at the end of aircon usage, not at the beginning.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Got it. For now what can I do? Get someone to chemical wash the aircon unit?

yeahyeah

Reaction score
Hi one of my new(less than 3 months old) Daikin aircon unit has the 'damp clothes' smell the moment I just switch it on. This would last about a few minutes before its gone. Also, the smell would return when I set it to 26 deg C and the room would feel damp. When its 25 deg C, there is no such problem. But 25 deg C is too cold for me sometimes. :LOL:

The installing technician has returned a few times but I feel they are trying to give excuses and fobbing me off.

What should I do? Thanks in advance!

JLT040507

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Just to check. For the copper pipes, it is common to have some of it shared with one insulation when connecting to fcu? For example, my mbr and bedroom 2 have two copper pipes shared with one insulation.

Last edited:

Alibeckham

Reaction score
Hi all. Just to check. For the copper pipes, it is common to have some of it shared with one insulation when connecting to fcu? For example, my mbr and bedroom 2 have two copper pipes shared with one insulation.
I think mostly will install the last 1m to combine 2 pipe in one insulation so that they squeeze behind the fcu. But it should be individually insulation from the last mile to the compressor. It’s important to ensure the drainage pipe is insulated at the horizontal portion.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say copper pipe ought to be individually and independently insulated from the compressor to each FCU. In some cases for a large FCU where it requires two copper pipes, then it make sense to insulate both pipes together in a single insulation. When a single insulation on the copper pipes is shared among FCUs, the reason is to cut cost and reduce efficiency, since it take energy to cool down unused copper pipes.

earthtk

Reaction score
Anyone uses Toshiba aircon? Recently was introduced to the r32 models. Not sure about the reliability.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys.
I going to install the air-con next week.
Do I need to send anything to hdb or i should make sure installer do it ?

Last edited:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone got source/image for capacity combination chart for Starmex 5G48VA2?

sleow003

Reaction score
Hi I am deciding whether to buy daikin ismile (R410) or ismile eco (R32) series air con. Is for my new resale flat that is 5 years old. This will probably not be my last house. We are having a dilemma in choosing which to get .
1) If buy R410 now , the next time that I need to repair probably 5 years later will the spare parts be rare to find or costly since Singapore government going to ban selling of R410 air con therefore parts are going to be limited.

2) if I buy R32 will it be quite unstable cause is only in the market for less than 6 months , few installers said that is new can be unstable and R32 is flammable.
And the spare parts now is more expensive that R410 because majority of people are using R410.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am deciding whether to buy daikin ismile (R410) or ismile eco (R32) series air con. Is for my new resale flat that is 5 years old. This will probably not be my last house. We are having a dilemma in choosing which to get .
1) If buy R410 now , the next time that I need to repair probably 5 years later will the spare parts be rare to find or costly since Singapore government going to ban selling of R410 air con therefore parts are going to be limited.

2) if I buy R32 will it be quite unstable cause is only in the market for less than 6 months , few installers said that is new can be unstable and R32 is flammable.
And the spare parts now is more expensive that R410 because majority of people are using R410.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Daikin. Don't be like others sticking with starmex for older models.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Got my air con install..
They drill a hole from outside link to my toilet rather then using the exiting one which location @ the door...

TBH, I don't like a pipe @ the floor lol.. Will had hard water white marks...

How you guy prevent that?

Last edited:

sleow003

Reaction score
Got my air con install..
They drill a hole from outside link to my toilet rather then using the exiting one which location @ the door...

TBH, I don't like a pipe @ the floor lol.. Will had hard water white marks...

How you guy prevent that?
What air con did you install ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.