Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
any review on mitsubishi 5 tick inverter units? I am unsure of the difference between 4 tick and 5 tick, since the 5 ticks ones are new

rdkp11

Reaction score
Hi, not popular yet.. I got Midea for a few months.. working well. I was sceptical too the older models before Oasis & current Opal were crap.. so been using Opal the latest model.

Its as good if not better than the established brands.. Most imptly use good quality piping and copper..

Saved quite a bit.. and looking forward to at least 5 years of good service..

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
See budget see sizing see capacity. Both brands are good, so it's all down to your priority. Better electricity saving, or priority on faster cooling?

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

for a 150sqm house, to cool all 4 rooms (exclude hall)

priority should be savings, only turned on at night, for 8 hours at most. all 4 units will be turned on for sure without fail.

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If all four units are turned on together for the whole night, then your have to get high capacity condenser. Or else each fcu will not be able to operate at it's full capacity, hence slower cooling.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want energy saving, then get this. 5 ticks.
http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.aspx?id=3301&prodName=%27MXY-4G28VA%20/%204%20x%20MSXY-FJ10VE%27

However take note that it's capacity is not sufficient for all 4 to turn on at the same time. (you can, but It'll take longer to cool. Or, on simply don't switch them on at the same time. Wait until one is cool then on the other. Cos the initial cooling phase is the one that requires most energy)

To see other models http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/coolAdvisor/cool_advisor.aspx?id=9
In just using it as a gauge. I'm not from coolserve

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all this five ticks is nothing but scams/ the technology is the same just that they cap the horsepower. it is like the older AE86 car at 1.6L can give 150hp while the current 1.6L car can give only 110hp. the AE86 can yield 14km/l if you cap its horsepower to prevent it from going into fuel guzzer mode.

basically u paid more for capping your aircon real power.

now with capping of the power it means ur air con is not able to support 3 FCU at max capacity as before. it also means u have to pay more to get a higher capacity compressor for something which is not needed if the power is not capped. so basically the benefits goes to the manu and i see no sense to paying more for less power

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want energy saving, then get this. 5 ticks.
http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs...=3301&prodName='MXY-4G28VA / 4 x MSXY-FJ10VE'

However take note that it's capacity is not sufficient for all 4 to turn on at the same time. (you can, but It'll take longer to cool. Or, on simply don't switch them on at the same time. Wait until one is cool then on the other. Cos the initial cooling phase is the one that requires most energy)

To see other models http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/coolAdvisor/cool_advisor.aspx?id=9
In just using it as a gauge. I'm not from coolserve

now this is the F part. the compressor is not able to support 4 fcu at one time, next the compressor are forced to worked harder to generate the same power so the compressor noise is very loud for this model and also i forsee easier breakdown as the fans are made to spin harder for the same juice. more repairs and lesser product life at more expensive price.

i m more inclined to get the 3 ticks as i can see why i will incurred more $ if my aircon is not turned on at lowest temperature but > 25 degrees

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basically, everything said above is true.

If you prioritize on low electricity usage, and able to accept slower cooling and not so cold for all rooms (25deg or above) , then the 5 ticks is recommended.

But if time taken to cool, a rather low temperature (below 25 deg) , are what you're after, then go for something 3 ticks perhaps

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
thank you for all the feedback guys!

not all 4 aircon will be on at the same time for sure, so i dont think there's an issue.

i think cost is the one that is most impt, other than that there isn't much issue..

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now this is the F part. the compressor is not able to support 4 fcu at one time, next the compressor are forced to worked harder to generate the same power so the compressor noise is very loud for this model and also i forsee easier breakdown as the fans are made to spin harder for the same juice. more repairs and lesser product life at more expensive price.

i m more inclined to get the 3 ticks as i can see why i will incurred more $ if my aircon is not turned on at lowest temperature but > 25 degrees
That's why I go for the LG's 3 tick A4UQ30GFA0 compressor. It's much cheaper than the japanese brand of similar class rating.
Rated 40K, BTU max.. Comfortably able to support 3 system, with 4 still got some margin..

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not all 4 aircon will be on at the same time for sure, so i dont think there's an issue.

i think cost is the one that is most impt, other than that there isn't much issue..

Your prior reply says all 4 will turn on without fail, that's why advise you to get a higher rating compressor, so it won't struggle much.

for a 150sqm house, to cool all 4 rooms (exclude hall)

priority should be savings, only turned on at night, for 8 hours at most. all 4 units will be turned on for sure without fail.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why I go for the LG's 3 tick A4UQ30GFA0 compressor. It's much cheaper than the japanese brand of similar class rating.
Rated 40K, BTU max.. Comfortably able to support 3 system, with 4 still got some margin..
I don't recommend LG. I have heard from multiple sources that there's quite alot of complaints and malfunctions for LG aircon.

Of cos its price is much cheaper than the rest in its category. So that's the catch.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Do some basic calculation. Get the price difference between a 3 ticks vs 5 ticks model.

Then look at their annual electricity usage (look at NEA numbers ) and calculate how many years you take to recoup the difference.

From there, make a decision...

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't recommend LG. I have heard from multiple sources that there's quite alot of complaints and malfunctions for LG aircon.

Of cos its price is much cheaper than the rest in its category. So that's the catch.

Ordered liao. Will see, and keep finger cross. Good thing is it has 5 years warranty on all parts, not just the compressor. So first 5 years there's some comfort there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.