Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if total indoor BTU higher than outdoor BTU, cant on all indoor together... just can on the total indoor BTU same as outdoor ... yr Math calculation needed for this...:D

For some compressor or fcu, some brand they allowed the higher than reported btu when needed. I believe like LG 9kbtu but can go to 11k

empirestrike

Reaction score
For some compressor or fcu, some brand they allowed the higher than reported btu when needed. I believe like LG 9kbtu but can go to 11k

most of the brand configuration r like this...
LG can meh????? let me know how u get this info from... i never heard of it...:eek:
heard that Mitsubishi Electric can adjust to higher btu...:)

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4MKS80FSG
7.3 (3.3~10.5) kw ~ 25k btu (35k btu)

Can the compressor go over the rated btu? Or is there a limitation imposed on it? Wonder why some vendors spec the daikin sys 4 at 30k+ btu.

From what I've read on the internet, I think it means you can mix and match FCUs up to the higher BTU but when come to using it, it is only under specific and certain configuration.

Just to illustrate with a 25k actual 35k max, it is possible to connect 4x 9k FCU. During operation, only 3x FCU is active. While it is possible to operate 4x FCU, perhaps the temp cannot be set too low or the ambient temp is not too high.

My take on inverter technology, is to operate it near or at the rated BTU. $ is saved after the inverter works rapidly with the FCU to cool down the room and slows down. If I based it on the max BTU, I think the inverter is constantly at full speed, doubt there will be any savings.

P.S. I not AC expert.

My rules very simple.
a) specs for size of room and content
b) install a FCU of the highest capacity yet visually appealing
c) run at rated BTU

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To keenklee,
Agreed, if compressor runs @ full load constantly, the energy consumption is higher, thus the need to size the btu (not recommended to undersize)

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let's say i only use the airconditioning for like 3 hours per day in 1 room only. do you all still recommend to go for inverter air con? or non inverter air con will do?

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let's say i only use the airconditioning for like 3 hours per day in 1 room only. do you all still recommend to go for inverter air con? or non inverter air con will do?

IMHO, I will choose inverter as the technology is better at regulating temperature as it is variable.

frozted12

Reaction score
Hi.... Need some advice here in regards of installing aircon. I hv a budget of ard 5k for a sys 4 or sys 3+1 aircon.
Alrdy put deposit for a sys 3 LG aircon(comes wif 5yr all-parts warranty by LG) at B**T T**H IMM.
Also deposit for sys 1 Mit starmex 26btu at GC sg kadut.
My dilemma...
1st) LG aircons, any review abt them? Heard not so gd leh.
2nd) Buying from B**T T**H. Their FB review quite cialat leh... Like cannot make it only. Not worth saving 200-300 more if install job is not gd.

Thus, shuld i just get a system 4 with total 38btu compressor from GC(wif 5yrs extnd warranty) or get sys3+1 frm GC or elsewhere or stick with current plan?

Now i confuse lehhh...

yosemi

Reaction score
If daikin still got the free 3 yrs ext warranty, get it else get mhi. Mhi also made in thailand like daikin n cheaper

Mhi has ion for basic model while daikin need envi series for it. Anyone to verify?

Mhi giving 12k free upgrade becoz their 9k sold out in asean. Consider that many ppl are getting mhi over starmex. Also, imo starmex could be famous becoz of the ads n not becoz of its reliability. My starmex giving me problem now. Set to 22° also not cold. Think the compressor or fcu going to die soon.

Mhi have ion for basic model, i also took mhi cos upgrade to 12k btu

I have friends selling aircon told me, If you wan really cold room go for mhi,

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.... Need some advice here in regards of installing aircon. I hv a budget of ard 5k for a sys 4 or sys 3+1 aircon.
Alrdy put deposit for a sys 3 LG aircon(comes wif 5yr all-parts warranty by LG) at B**T T**H IMM.
Also deposit for sys 1 Mit starmex 26btu at GC sg kadut.
My dilemma...
1st) LG aircons, any review abt them? Heard not so gd leh.
2nd) Buying from B**T T**H. Their FB review quite cialat leh... Like cannot make it only. Not worth saving 200-300 more if install job is not gd.

Thus, shuld i just get a system 4 with total 38btu compressor from GC(wif 5yrs extnd warranty) or get sys3+1 frm GC or elsewhere or stick with current plan?

Now i confuse lehhh...

Since u paid alr. Just carry on. I most likely getting a mhi or lg.

There are good reviews of lg here too. They shld have improved else they wouldn't dare give 5 yrs warranty. Made in korea products should not be that bad. Samsung is mic fyi.

During installation just monitor them. Ur two system is good. Lg system 1 has no good ticks system hence i will get other brands for the system 1. Also u seems to get a 24k btu for the hall. My feedback is the hall should have single compressor as a 24kbtu fcu will draw too much power from ur compressor n leave little power for the other room n causing strain on the compressor.

Also someone i know got 24k fcu to share a system 4. No power for the livong room. In the end not cold enuff.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mhi have ion for basic model, i also took mhi cos upgrade to 12k btu

I have friends selling aircon told me, If you wan really cold room go for mhi,

Mhi is Mitsubishi for industrial grade aircon. I dun think it will be worst than residential aircon of starmex. Afterall they using Mitsubishi technology. Mhi needs better tech because industrial aircon is competitive so they need to give better tech else they wont get the contract.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Since u paid alr. Just carry on. I most likely getting a mhi or lg.

There are good reviews of lg here too. They shld have improved else they wouldn't dare give 5 yrs warranty. Made in korea products should not be that bad. Samsung is mic fyi.

During installation just monitor them. Ur two system is good. Lg system 1 has no good ticks system hence i will get other brands for the system 1. Also u seems to get a 24k btu for the hall. My feedback is the hall should have single compressor as a 24kbtu fcu will draw too much power from ur compressor n leave little power for the other room n causing strain on the compressor.

Also someone i know got 24k fcu to share a system 4. No power for the livong room. In the end not cold enuff.
I wonder how is their Labour charge although they extend their warranty for parts...

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone purchased aircon from Audiohouse before?

Was thinking of getting it there as there is cheaper. daikin $3400+ with vouchers.

like to find out about their installation standard, or anything they try to cut cost like the pipe all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.