Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dachee

Reaction score
To hahnhahnhahn,

Good, have a check again on the loading. If need to change, at least the change unit is not registered yet with the manufacturer. The aircon will stay with you for many years, so need to get it right from the start.

hahnhahnhahn

Reaction score
To hahnhahnhahn,

Good, have a check again on the loading. If need to change, at least the change unit is not registered yet with the manufacturer. The aircon will stay with you for many years, so need to get it right from the start.

Okay understand.. currently I think the aircon installer is still sincere to assist me as of now. I've already prepare the cheque about a week ago, but just can't pay them given the current state.. just wondering if I shld make a 50% payment first and meanwhile have them check on it

dachee

Reaction score
Okay understand.. currently I think the aircon installer is still sincere to assist me as of now. I've already prepare the cheque about a week ago, but just can't pay them given the current state.. just wondering if I shld make a 50% payment first and meanwhile have them check on it

Hi, I did some check on your configuration. You have 2XGE10+GE13+GE24, meaning 2X9K+12K+24K btu/hr = 54k btu/hr or 15.8KW. This is above the specification of total capacity of all indoor unit must not exceed 15.6kW as indicated in Mitsubishi catalogue page 12 for MXY-4A28VA.

I understand that this configuration is provided by Mitsubishi as 10+10+13+24 in their catalogue on page 18. However, with this configuration Mitsubishi also indicated that the capacity of each FCU will then be 1.39+1.39+1.39+3.03=7.2kW. 7.2kW is only 24.5k btu/hr. This is the max. capacity of your outdoor as specified in page 18. You may noticed that all your indoor unit is now under capacity. The 10VA should have 2.5kW (or 8.9k btu/hr) but now is only 1.39kW (4.7k btu/hr) ie, it is only able to remove half the amount of heat that it is designed to do so. Notice that for the 10VA to run at 2.5kW, Mitsubishi indicated that only one FCU is suppose to be running (ie single unit running). Similarly, the other FCUs, 13VA and 24VA are all operating under capacity. When running as single unit, the 13VA is 3.5kW or 11.9k btu/hr but running at only 4.7k btu/hr and the 24VA is 6kw or 24.5k btu/hr but running at only 10.3k btu/hr

Meaning though you may have followed the Mitsubishi configuration, it does not give you total capacity output.

The above are my opinion and hope that it is helpful.

Last edited:

orangeman

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I did some check on your configuration. You have 2XGE10+GE13+GE24, meaning 2X9K+12K+24K btu/hr = 54k btu/hr or 15.8KW. This is above the specification of total capacity of all indoor unit must not exceed 15.6kW as indicated in Mitsubishi catalogue page 12 for MXY-4A28VA.

I understand that this configuration is provided by Mitsubishi as 10+10+13+24 in their catalogue on page 18. However, with this configuration Mitsubishi also indicated that the capacity of each FCU will then be 1.39+1.39+1.39+3.03=7.2kW. 7.2kW is only 24.5k btu/hr. This is the max. capacity of your outdoor as specified in page 18. You may noticed that all your indoor unit is now under capacity. The 10VA should have 2.5kW (or 8.9k btu/hr) but now is only 1.39kW (4.7k btu/hr) ie, it is only able to remove half the amount of heat that it is designed to do so. Notice that for the 10VA to run at 2.5kW, Mitsubishi indicated that only one FCU is suppose to be running (ie single unit running). Similarly, the other FCUs, 13VA and 24VA are all operating under capacity. When running as single unit, the 13VA is 3.5kW or 11.9k btu/hr but running at only 4.7k btu/hr and the 24VA is 6kw or 24.5k btu/hr but running at only 10.3k btu/hr

Meaning though you may have followed the Mitsubishi configuration, it does not give you total capacity output.

Meaning to say what they display is just words and figures but cannot be attained in real life unless only 1FCU is operating at one time

hahnhahnhahn

Reaction score

dachee, meaning to say..given this Mitsubishi Electric system 4 aircon in my new place.. what i experienced (all rooms became not cold when the third room was turn on) is expected and correct?

in other words, my compressor is actually not able to provide enough cold air to all 3 rooms...? So turning on 2 rooms aircon tgt is actually no issue one right?

thanks for your detailed explanation... =)

Last edited:

dachee

Reaction score
Meaning to say what they display is just words and figures but cannot be attained in real life unless only 1FCU is operating at one time

Hi Yes and no. The MXY table that I taken the values from is for HDB with current limitation. So, if you refer to the system 3 for unlimited current table in page 16, having a configuration of 3X10VA, you will realized that all the three 10VA are running at 2.5kW each or 8.53k btu/hr, which at full capacity each. But this is not the same as for the MXY-2A , page 17, with a configuration of two 10VA, the capacity for each FCU is only up to 2.4kW or 8.2k btu/hr.

So sizing according to the spec is important. Not that straight forward!

Hope the above is helpful.

dachee

Reaction score
dachee, meaning to say..given this Mitsubishi Electric system 4 aircon in my new place.. what i experienced (all rooms became not cold when the third room was turn on) is expected and correct?

It looks that way from the spec. I may be wrong. Good to ask the expert from Mitsubishi to counter check. And also to advise you as to what you can do to achieve your needs.

hahnhahnhahn

Reaction score
It looks that way from the spec. I may be wrong. Good to ask the expert from Mitsubishi to counter check. And also to advise you as to what you can do to achieve your needs.

okay sure...thanks alot... i will be handing over 80% payment to the aircon man later.. and tgt with him, we will arrange a time to go down to my new place and test the aircon tgt... from there i will continue see if we shld get ME technician down anot...see what my aircon installer can do first..

dachee

Reaction score

in other words, my compressor is actually not able to provide enough cold air to all 3 rooms...? So turning on 2 rooms aircon tgt is actually no issue one right?

Hi, according to the spec in page 18, not really. For two rooms running with 10VA+10VA and 10VA+13VA, all can run at full capacity but for 10VA + 24VA and 13VA + 24VA, both FCUs will not be running at full capacity for both limited current and unlimited current properties.

dachee

Reaction score

Hi, cold air cannot be delivered to the room. The room becomes cold because heat is removed from the room. The air in your room remains in your room. It is not removed. Only the heat is removed.

Last edited:

boopit

Reaction score
Hi, Why do you said that the spec are the same. 1) Even for 5 ticks, their consumption are not the same, so are the operating cost. 2) What about the sound level as lowest and full fan?, 3) how about the air flow rate? 4) though, most FCU indicates 9k but what is their actual rating? 5) similarly for the compressor, don't just look at the round number, look at the actual spec rating. 6) you may also wish to check the outdoor unit sound level. 7) and cost as well as warranty. Once you get all these figures, list them in priority of your choice to select which system is suitable for you.

The above are just my opinion. Hope that it is helpful.

i mean same as in the stuff e.g. swg22 he is giving:s22:

orangeman

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Yes and no. The MXY table that I taken the values from is for HDB with current limitation. So, if you refer to the system 3 for unlimited current table in page 16, having a configuration of 3X10VA, you will realized that all the three 10VA are running at 2.5kW each or 8.53k btu/hr, which at full capacity each. But this is not the same as for the MXY-2A , page 17, with a configuration of two 10VA, the capacity for each FCU is only up to 2.4kW or 8.2k btu/hr.

So sizing according to the spec is important. Not that straight forward!

Hope the above is helpful.

It is quite helpful for me la, now still deciding on the brand and models to get. If normally we on on one MBR & living room only , is 24k enough? But my kitchen is open concept so not sure if the living room FCU will be power enough

dachee

Reaction score
It is quite helpful for me la, now still deciding on the brand and models to get. If normally we on on one MBR & living room only , is 24k enough? But my kitchen is open concept so not sure if the living room FCU will be power enough

Hi, Need to know the size (include the ceiling height) and layout of the room and living room. And also in total, how many FCU connected to one outdoor?

Sunflowermummy

Reaction score
Hi! I am getting a new replacement set for my master bedroom. Just a single unit. I have got a quotation for the followings:-

- Daikin 12BTU model RKS-35DVM+FTKS-35DVM
- Mitsubishi Electric 12 BTU MUY-GE13VA+MXY-GE13VA
materials installation : copper pipe LHCT gauge22, armaflex class or thermaflex 1/2"thickness, drainage line 16mm PVC, wire 40/70 keystone.

My existing faulty set is Mitsubishi heavy duty 3fancoil + 1 condenser, many problems and underutilize, lasted 7years so now only install 1 unit in bedroom.
Can anyone advise which is a better brand to install as both same price? Thanks plenty!

dachee

Reaction score
Hi! I am getting a new replacement set for my master bedroom. Just a single unit. I have got a quotation for the followings:-

materials installation : copper pipe LHCT gauge22, armaflex class or thermaflex 1/2"thickness, drainage line 16mm PVC, wire 40/70 keystone.

My existing faulty set is Mitsubishi heavy duty 3fancoil + 1 condenser, many problems and underutilize, lasted 7years so now only install 1 unit in bedroom.
Can anyone advise which is a better brand to install as both same price? Thanks plenty!

Care to share the quote/price?

alphtys

Reaction score
To those that are still choosing aircon. Avoid Toshiba at all cost. I have a 2.5 years toshiba system 4 and it has cost me 12 annual leave this year to have it repaired. Though i have an extended warranty from gain city. But i am utterly disappointted that it has to mulfunction every 2 to 3 months. By far for the last 1.5 years, i have replaced 1 valve, 4 coils, 1 thermostate sensor for the compressor. Was recommeded to chemical wash for 2 times for a 2 year old air con that has regular service. And now my master room unit is dripping due to water condensation out of the blue everyday.
I am glad i had an extended warranty. But eveytime the air con has a problem, gain city needs abt 1 week lead time to arrange for technician to come perform a check, afterwhich another 1 week for the tech to come in and replace the parts.

My biggest advice is avoid Toshiba at all cost !!!!

ironut

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To those that are still choosing aircon. Avoid Toshiba at all cost. I have a 2.5 years toshiba system 4 and it has cost me 12 annual leave this year to have it repaired. Though i have an extended warranty from gain city. But i am utterly disappointted that it has to mulfunction every 2 to 3 months. By far for the last 1.5 years, i have replaced 1 valve, 4 coils, 1 thermostate sensor for the compressor. Was recommeded to chemical wash for 2 times for a 2 year old air con that has regular service. And now my master room unit is dripping due to water condensation out of the blue everyday.
I am glad i had an extended warranty. But eveytime the air con has a problem, gain city needs abt 1 week lead time to arrange for technician to come perform a check, afterwhich another 1 week for the tech to come in and replace the parts.

And avoid GC for the slow after sales service

Sent from Samsung SM-A500G using GAGT

dachee

Reaction score

Could it be the installation that was not properly done? Water condensation from air conditioner can be due to many causes. Depending on the location of condensation, it can be due to incorrect placement of the FCU, low gas charge, direction of the louver, poor insulation or poor insulation workmanship but not limiting. Why did you accept chemical wash for a 2 year old air conditioner? Regular services in Sg does not help much in preventing air conditioner failure, they are just general cleaning. Good to hear from more people feedback on this model. Do you care to share your model, indoor and outdoor units. BTW, there are many air conditioner workers who are not official trained in this field. Many are train through buddy-buddy system. So, technical knowledge none.

Above are my opinion, hope it is helpful.

dachee

Reaction score

Hi,
Both are 3.5kW single split unit. However, the COP (Cofficient of Performance) of the MUY is 3.58 (my calculation shows 3.43) and the RSK 3.38. With both having similar capacity, the MUY is slightly better in performance.

Seem that the MXY has a higher airflow of 12.8 compare to the FTKS of 8.9 and the slow speed setting of MXY is quieter with 19dB but noisier of 49dB at high setting (likely due to higher airflow), while the FTKS slow speed setting is 23dB and high setting is 39dB. Higher airflow helps to cool the room faster as well as reduce hot spot.

There are also other features like functions, design, technology, reliability that you may wish to consider.

The above are my opinion. Hope that it is helpful

Last edited:

Sunflowermummy

Reaction score
Hi,
Both are 3.5kW single split unit. However, the COP (Cofficient of Performance) of the MUY is 3.58 (my calculation shows 3.43) and the RSK 3.38. With both having similar capacity, the MUY is slightly better in performance.

Seem that the MXY has a higher airflow of 12.8 compare to the FTKS of 8.9 and the slow speed setting of MXY is quieter with 19dB but noisier at high setting (likely due to higher airflow), while the FTKS slow speed setting is 23dB and high setting is 39dB. Higher airflow helps to cool the room faster as well as reduce hot spot.

There are also other features like functions, design, technology, reliability that you may wish to consider.

The above are my opinion. Hope that it is helpful

Thank you so much for your time taken to furnish all these information. I have very limited knowledge on aircon:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.