Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
workmanship and goods warranty are different, how can you just compare apple and orange like that?

when your aircon spoilt , you dun look for aircon man, you look for the manufacturer.....

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
exactly...so both warranty is required..

Aircon installation is not like normal electronics appliances...where you can buy and run...
comparing companyA giving no workmanship and companyB giving 5 years workmanship...(at not extra cost...this is not like extended warranty dude)

you will choose company A, just becos u think "good things shouldn't spoilt" ? that's more crap I think....

MrWeiWei

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ekardo said:
this is a very good thread for "Air con company to avoid"

I am risking my $2k to test on Allbest...haha..
jus saw this thread today. my sanyo aircon is bought from allbest. 1st day install aircon not cold already. fix for 2 times still same results. in the end call the sanyo engineer come.

turns out allbest contractor fix the pipes thingy wrongly. the gas leak thus not cold. sanyo engineer fix the problem liao but 3 months later, the problem exists again. i have totally give up on my master room's aircon liao. might be changing it soon.

so mainly my advise is dont go allbest and dont buy sanyo. they can promise u the skies etc when u buy ur things, but do remember read abt the fine prints etc. the compressor wires pipes etc, i see other houses 1 all nicely use conceal but mine the allbest contractor just left it a mess . complains also useless lol....

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ekardo, i really wish you good luck man.....despite all the bad comments about them, you still go ahead lol!

I never trust any company in the market, I only trust the installer who is most familiar with my floorplan, that means, the one who already installed many many times in my area :D

but sometimes it depends on your luck lah, bad installer doesn't mean sure screw up or they would have been out of job liaoz.......see how you press them and how they tekan you lor, if things turn sour....

those haven't bought anything yet, try to get recommendation from your neighbours, not your left right neighbours hoh, it's as many neighbours as possible.....I met about 3-4 recommendations and all cmi one, the moment you compare the way they tell you how they run the piping, you should have the gut feeling about their capability :D I actually paid $3040 for an Envio system 3 + 24K/Btu single split. My neighbour's fancoil PCB spoilt on the 2nd day, but it was rectified and replaced by Panasonic. If workmanship is good, dun need warranty one lah.

MrWeiWei

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iMbEst said:
ekardo, i really wish you good luck man.....despite all the bad comments about them, you still go ahead lol!

I never trust any company in the market, I only trust the installer who is most familiar with my floorplan, that means, the one who already installed many many times in my area :D

but sometimes it depends on your luck lah, bad installer doesn't mean sure screw up or they would have been out of job liaoz.......see how you press them and how they tekan you lor, if things turn sour....

those haven't bought anything yet, try to get recommendation from your neighbours, not your left right neighbours hoh, it's as many neighbours as possible.....I met about 3-4 recommendations and all cmi one, the moment you compare the way they tell you how they run the piping, you should have the gut feeling about their capability :D I actually paid $3040 for an Envio system 3 + 24K/Btu single split. My neighbour's fancoil PCB spoilt on the 2nd day, but it was rectified and replaced by Panasonic. If workmanship is good, dun need warranty one lah.
not really lor. the allbest salesman told me their installer did more than 100 flats near my area, in the end also farkup installation cok 1 la ....

to ekardo : 2 malaysian guys ... 1 wearing beri thick gold chain hahaha

MrWeiWei

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mailmail said:
must avoid ALL BEST at all cost. brought a system 3 LG non-inverter from them about 2 yrs ago.now always giving me this sweating problem(water vapor on the air con pipe casing)
the aircon piping is route from my master bed room to my room n the sweating effect came when master bed room never on the aircon.call all best technician to take a look n they say it normal cos master bedroom never on air con so the room is hot where the air con pipe is cold so water vapor form.rubbish lah that mean if i on air con on my room my master bed room also must on lor.i believe if the insulation of the air con piping is good this will never happen lor. so i find the installation of the air con is very very important then the brand.
hey, i encounter the same problem as u also leh. also from allbest lol

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MrWeiWei said:
not really lor. the allbest salesman told me their installer did more than 100 flats near my area, in the end also farkup installation cok 1 la ....

to ekardo : 2 malaysian guys ... 1 wearing beri thick gold chain hahaha

how can you trust a salesperson? they may installed just 2 unit, told you 200 units.... :s22: :s22: :s22:

always get recommendations from your neighbours :D

MrWeiWei

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iMbEst said:
how can you trust a salesperson? they may installed just 2 unit, told you 200 units.... :s22: :s22: :s22:

always get recommendations from your neighbours :D
eh, they show me all their sales order..... really a lot around my area ma lol....

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MrWeiWei said:
eh, they show me all their sales order..... really a lot around my area ma lol....

Imbest..you can keep quiet liao..

Are you willing to vouch that your installer is the best in Singapore and offer money back if they screw up in anyway??
in anycase, every company also got problem, but it's how they handle the problem..

till date, I have got a few recommendation, but their pricing is much higher...so just go for one that have Casetrust..at least got prob, can go report them and get them rectify..

the first mini project which I gave to All Best so far so good...called up main office for instaler particular, they also very patient and did not delay my request...

I think, only pple with bad experience will voice out..and those who got no problem..prefer to stay quiet.. (waiting for problem to happen before they voice out?)

then again..I do see so many pple on forum saying ABC company is bad...but after a while, they stopped complaining, guess problem resolved eventually bah..

it's like that...if Company ABC was mentioned to be bad, we tends to be check more carefully...if Company ABC was mentioned to be great, small problem you also can ignore...
isn't it ???

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you happy can liao, coz you cannot ask them to refund you and go for another one :)

I never said my installer is the best, you're the one saying it :) i can only say he's doing a OK job in my area so far, trunking run sui sui, able to match whatever price I found. I did have some other trustworthy recommendation from other people, price is skyhigh, yet they anyhow propose and run the trunking.

I understand how you feel, you picked a company that has bad reputation, but as long as they do a good job based on your standard, okay lah, but you cannot stop other people from criticizing it lor. I never said allbest is bad, I only said they have bad comments from others, they were not even on my list at the first place, so many recommendations, where got their turn? lol

petetherock

Reaction score
Panasonic aircons

Hi
I had a fairly decent time with my air con man, he has been in this line 30 yrs, did air cons for me over the past 10 yrs.

I just installed a pair of Panasonics, pretty quiet, not noticable when sleeping or in my hi fi room.
Got a pair of Panasonic single-split unit CS XC 9DKZ 9110 btu for about 840 installed. with drilling of holes, bracket, everything and GST as well

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=45739.0

His shop is around the AMK area

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
where is this hong tar in the first place. can't find it at imm

ReadLessMoreTV

Reaction score
unwanted said:
where is this hong tar in the first place. can't find it at imm

www.hongtar.com.sg

Tampines and Lakeside MRT there have.

The air cond pipings that they use FULLY comply with the aircond specs after I ran through all them. things like 3/8 insulation ( 1/2 " better but need to top up $50 ), class 1 and class 0 blah blah.

rerear

Reaction score
All, is there a way to install those window-grill-mountable air con unit on corridor-window? Heard that still need an outlet for the pipe to go out to suck in air, so actually still need the window to open hence might be susceptable to intruders.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a pipe is for the water to flow out..
and yes, definately it will be a weakness to your home security...
it's a definately NO NO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.